Allow relinking media to files with different extensions
So far, the Link Media window does no seem to work with "File Extension" unchecked and "Relink others automatically" checked.
For example, I work at a television station. Recently we re-encoded all of our show episodes from ".mov" to ".mxf".
Despite unchecking "File Extension", Premiere would not relink the other files automatically. Leaving me to either relink files one-by-one, or do the following:
- Change the .prpoj file extension to a .zip
- Extract the file with 7-Zip
- Open the extracted file with Notepad
- Do a Find/Replace for ".mov" with ".mxf"
- Save the file and close notepad
- Change the file extension on the extracted file to .prpoj
- Open the file, problem solved......-ish
The problem is that no all our shows are done switching over to .mxf, so projects that feature multiple shows that are still in ".mov" format are basically messed up.
Please, please, please fix this.
I'd imagine editing in a Proxy system, for example, as well, it would be nice to edit in .mp4 and then relink to .mov or whatever.
Till Markull commented
YESSS, this should be a no brainer!
Right now I have to relink 100 graphics manually because the originals were JPEGs and now they are TIFFs.
Inno Vetrov commented
Yes please... It's a nightmare having to relink all media when they have different extentions.