BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results
Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.
Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.
Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.
It seems to be completely broken and useless, and has made my exhaustive metadata efforts pointless.
Please fix this basic and important workflow functionality.
I am having this issue in a brand new project created with CC 2019. So frustrated.
Austin Crum commented
Same issue here. As I was also working out of an older project, I took Pete's advice: I created a new project and imported all of the older assets.
Seems that any metalogging I did while editing out of the old project suddenly started appearing in the filter bin content searches in the new project... but any additional metalogging I did in the new project still does not show up in the searches.
I only have about 100 or so video assets in the project, so I suppose we can theoretically rule out asset volume as the issue.
Peter Delahunty commented
These may be factors to consider in narrowing down the issue:
- It seems to be project specific. In other projects it seems to work fine (exact same installation on same computer).
- The project where I'm seeing zero results from the filter is a long running one that was first created several major versions of Premiere ago.
- It was also first created on a different computer (originally windows, now on mac).
- The assets have been relinked and are online, and in other regards it is behaving normally.
- There are over 3000 assets organised into bins up to 3 levels deep.