Fix the Subtitle-Feature
The subtitle feature is exactly what I have been waiting for for ages...if it wasn't so fundamentally broken.
Please fix the following bugs & problems:
- Text not updating in program-window when you changed it (even after cache-clearing)
- Text not updating when you move a subtitle to a different time on subtitle clip (still shows text where it shouldnt be anymore)
- Subtitles changing position on screen after a restart of the program despite position on Subtitles-Window being the same.
- Problem with Fonts: Most non-standard fonts tend to be too low for the black box, almost hanging out of it and leaving much space at the top.
- In general please give more editing options for the Box. Especially size and positioning relative to the text.
- If I add something to the beginning of a film, I want to be able to extend the beginning of the subtitle-Clip backwards instead of moving every single subtitle back manually.
- Let me mark multiple Subtitles on the clip and move them together like you would do with clips. (You can mark multiple subtitles, but as soon as you want to drag them, it will only drag the one you directly clicked)
I love the subtitle-feature but its just not usable because of a guaranteed failiure along the way. So please make it work properly!
We have completely redesigned the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro version 15.0. You will see many dramatic workflow improvements. Please update to the latest version.
Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html
Till Markull commented
Before you ask: CC v13.0 on OSX 10.13.6