How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Canon XF705 (MXF) file format

Please allow Premiere Pro to accept the Canon XF705 (MXF) file format. It's H.265 HEVC. Over a month since release, with no ability to edit.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Hyman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe, please contact Black Magic...they might have the resources to assist you! lol

• Eliut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Adobe, I can't believe that six months later you are still not providing native support for HEVC coming from the Canon XF-705!!! You are pushing customers towards DaVinci Resolve!

• Dominik Steiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Adobe-Team,

"This is a format we want to support. It is still under investigation and unfortunately cannot give an ETA."

Does this at least mean you will definitely support the format in the future?

Thanks,
    Dominik

• trenthappel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a format we want to support. It is still under investigation and unfortunately cannot give an ETA.

I guess we just switch to DaVinci Resolve at this point and cancel CC, adobe needs to focus on the core programs.

• Ruud Voest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, we are talking the 11th of may..., The xf705 has been on the market for almost a year now. No response from Adobe about their support , This is very bad service from Adobe. I would NEVER consider to buy a monthly subscription of Adobe Premiere Pro...

Hi

I'm unable to edit my HEVC MXF files on Premiere Pro, considering moving to Davinci Resolve permanently as they do.

Please could you update Premiere asap please or give some idea of the issues and the timeline?

Thanks,

Heather

Please support XF705's XF-HEVC format. The pictures coming out of the camera are beautiful but due to a lack of support, there is no way to harness the ability of this camera.

• Heather Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this problem as well - any news? I've tried using 3rd party converters but they think HEVC MXF files are audio files....

Same thing. Can import AVC (the 1080 lower bit rate format available) but not the HEVC. Still gives an error unsupported format when I try to import those. Closer...but not what I expect after $7000 and 4 months of waiting.

Anybody have any luck with the v13.1.1 update? Didn't work for me. Allows me to import AVC MXF files, but now HEVC MXF files.....

Looking good on my shelf too. I am not ready to switch over to Resolve...yet. Unfortunately, I have a lot of time, money and plug-ins invested in Adobe.

But Adobe should, and Canon should push them to at least announce they are working on it and give an approximate time frame for the codec to be implemented, this way we can plan accordingly. Right now both Adobe and Canon are leaving us out to dry. NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS. The blowback on the B&H reviews for the XF705 should be enough to motivate them...all those bad reviews are definitely stopping people from clicking on the "Add to Cart" button!

Whats the point of this ''Uservoice'' platform when clearly ADOBE don't respond. What do Canon have to say about this, as they were clearly selling this with the editing capacity on major platforms?

Well the camera looks good sitting on my shelf. Lucky I dont have to give my work's c200 back at any point soon.

• OPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just sent my XF705 back because Adobe is still behind on supporting the H.265 HEVC. I would of hoped they (Adobe) would have given us a little more information by now. I'm all about giving them a little time, but the XF705 has been out long enough for Adobe to adopt Canon's format.

Silence from Adobe is deafening.. please Adobe just give us some info, even an approx timescale as to when you expect to support this codec?

• Dan Hyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well done Anthony. I'm taking the same route in another direction and selling my Canon gear. Also, looking at Resolve and cancelling full team monthly membership with CC.

4 months and counting Adobe.. this is gear needed for professionals, not a new music album.

← Previous 1 3

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base