How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Yes, please support Linux. This would be a huge milestone. Thanks...

Thanks

10,472 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

first of all: thanks to all the people who joined in the last two days to vote and comment on this particular item. Please stick around and tell us what else you’d like to see implemented or improved moving forward.

If you were wondering why this post was offline for a couple of hours: it’s because of this quick surge in votes. It triggered a spam filter (and it took me a little while to figure out how to undo this without losing the comments).

Since several people posted in the meantime about Adobe not being interested in your feedback, let me assure you that this is about as far from the reality as it gets. We truly appreciate your candid feedback.

That said, a word of caution: while this item is now at the top due to a person with a good following on Twitter creating awareness, it doesn’t mean it immediately becomes our top priority. It’s been voted for since April, and never made it to the top 100 before this dramatic surge on Dec 11th.

And yet another word of caution in an attempt to set expectations correctly: while we’re gonna use this request as another trigger to redo market analysis for the need to port to linux, it’s been true for many years that the vast majority of our user base wouldn’t consider it as an alternative to currently supported platforms. Unless that has changed significantly, keeping the balance between dealing with other request versus adding another platform might not make it viable to add support for linux.

As I’ve worked for a company doing Win, MacOS and Linux prior to joining Adobe, I’ll add a bit of color to this request: doing Linux isn’t really about adding one OS, it’s at least several, if not many. Putting software that’s demanding on CPU, GPU and then some onto a linux system means developing and testing against several of the major flavours if you expect great results.
It’s also true that our large partner eco-system is mostly not on Linux today, so you’d be losing a ton of functionality outside the core application for years to come.

In a nutshell: this isn’t a simple thing to do – but we’re gonna take another hard look as to what’s the demand as I already mentioned above.

Stay tuned – and thanks again for coming to this forum to voice your ideas.

Patrick
Prinicpal Product Manager, Editing

2559 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Migue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too!! i have a windows partition just for Adobe and other design software. Would be nice a linux version!!

• pranav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are many people they use windows because of Adobe product although they dont like widows please support LINUX LINUX LINUX

• pranav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are many people they use windows because of Adobe product although they don't like windows please support LINUX LINUX LINUX

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe Suite for Linux! Please! Many of us still boot to Windows/macOS only for Creative Cloud Apps.Support Linux. We will help with testing.

• Otto Peyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please port this to Linux. Even though the response cites that a lot of accompanying software isn't available on Linux yet, Adobe is a massive company with the clout necessary to help make that more of a reasonable thing for other companies in the future. You could be the first major step towards it, and I can guarantee you would have a solid userbase in no time flat. I know I'd certainly support it, and people being able to use their main suite of tools on Linux will create demand for other tools to move over. Someone has to take the first step, and it could be you.

• Justin MK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe Suite for Linux! Please! Many of us still boot to Windows/macOS only for Creative Cloud Apps.Support Linux. We will help with testing.

• Min Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do need PS on Linux. It does not mean that windows is bad. Actually Windows is great Operation System and Microsoft is a great software company to contribute us Windows. However I don't like Windows 10 any more. And all people around me turn off their windows 10 and turn on a new Linux.

If Photoshop can't support Linux, I am afraid one day there should be one alternative and which is better too.

• Oscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apple is destroying the personal computer. Windows 10 os better than w Millenium but its not enought. Let then to play hobby weekend design. And offer us the real professional tools. Ty

• Pixelated Ham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is great, linux is much better than windows (in terms of freedom and usability) and lots of people are moving to it. I would move my main system to Linux if it had adobe products.

• Josué Marques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We linux users need the adobe package, if it were available for linux, millions of people would migrate to the platform. Not to mention that it is not mandatory to make the package opensource, just that people download directly from the site, we ask that you please make the programs available Thank you.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base