Caption Settings do not take unless you quit and restart.
Caption settings have been buggy for a while, but in Premiere Pro 2018 (v13.x) they don't even take unless you save your project, quit Premiere, and then start it again.
- macOS 10.14.1
- Open Premiere Pro CC
- Import a video (I'm working with MP4's)
- Import a caption file (I'm working with DFXP)
- Move both to the Timeline and match them up (audio to captions) as needed.
- In the Timeline, click on the captions
- Open the Captions panel
- Right click on the first caption and then Select All
- Enter your settings... my example: Align Center. Set Background opacity to 100%. Open position caption block = Bottom Center. (PremCCcaps_01.png)
If you look at the preview the captions are still in their default state (PremCCcaps_03.png).
If you do Export Media*, the settings still haven't taken (PremCCcaps_03.png).
If you save your project, quit Premiere Pro, then launch it again and open your project, the caption settings have taken (PremCCcaps_04.png).
*Note in Premier Pro2017, Export Media would show the captions with the proper settings but you'd still have to quit/relaunch Premiere for them to show up properly.
Exact same issue, except even restarting doesn't help me anymore.