Bug Report: USB Mic Causes Premiere Pro to Abort Startup
When I have a USB Mic plugged in to my computer and try to start Premiere Pro, the splash screen appears for 2 to 3 seconds, then the startup aborts.
Mic: Blue Yeti; plugged into USB3 port directly on computer
Computer: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core I7; 64GB RAM, Win10.
- All other Adobe CC applications open properly while the mic is plugged in, including AfterEffects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Audition, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
- Finale Music Engraving program, when started while USB mic plugged in, will corrupt its INI files.
- When the USB mic is unplugged, Premiere Pro starts normally.
- More than an hour searching online did not reveal this issue.
- More than an hour spent with Adobe Customer Care in a chat session, including remote access to my computer, did not reveal this issue.
If I were a project manager for this, I would direct comparing the startup code for AfterEffects, which does not have this problem, with the startup code for Premiere Pro, which does. It seems to me the differences revealed in these two similar packages might point the way to a good fix.