Improve Closed Captions Functionality.
Below are some featues/ bugs and suggested improvements I've come up with.
• If you add a new caption, you shouldn't have to go into the closed captions display settings and enable them just to see them. It should automatically show them when they are created and a pop up should appear when a conflicting caption is made.
• There should be a warning pop up when a frame rate requirement of the caption format doesn't match the sequence settings.
• Would be great if there were an auto caption feature.
• Default captions should be set as "open captions" and exported to ".srt" which is common supported file types for youtube and facebook.
• indicate in some way, which captions can be turned off by the viewer.
• There seems to be a minor bug with the layer duration. Must have the caption layer deselected in order to extend it's length.
• Being able to change the kind of caption after they've been created would be very helpful.
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: Accessibility is a growing need and an under exposed concern. This is an important part of Premiere Pro that needs to be improved so more people can enjoy a higher standard of video production.
We have completely redesigned the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro version 15.0. You will see many dramatic workflow improvements. Please update to the latest version.
Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html
P.S. being able to adjust things like tracking (text) on open captions.