How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have replicated the issue on two different Windows 10 Pro workstations: 1803 17134.376.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Seth Goldin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JaiDC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing this issue now on certain clips. I just opened the project file in another computer and some timecodes are not starting right.

Have anyone found any fix for this? Should i just update premiere? I am currently using version 13.0

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved. We are still experiencing issues with C300mkii MXF files with 13.0.2.

• Seth Goldin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll just have to test, but "Clips imported from XML, AAF, prproj, or any other project are not referenced correctly" is not an accurate description of the issue. The bug is with MXF OP1a DNxHR LB files imported via the Media Browser. The files are not from an XML, AAF, PRPRPOJ or any other project.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be fixed according to the bugfixes for 13.0.2:
    Clips imported from XML, AAF, prproj, or any other project are not referenced correctly.

• Seth Goldin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No mention of this in the bug fixes in the release notes for 13.0.2...? Unless this refers to this issue: “Multiple MXF files appear truncated on the system.” Has anyone tested 13.0.2 yet?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also applies to After effects. I imported MXF media created in avid and the timecode was off a minute or so on every clip.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Experiencing this issue regarding export of xml to resolve. Timecode is ********* yo.

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I did try copying the "ImporterMXF.bundle" from premiere 2018 to replace the one in 2019. And that failed. It would no longer open MXF's. Wish it would have been that easy to fix :)

So I put the original back.

The MXF import is bad, and even Interprets a 59.94fps 720p XDCAM file that was exported by an avid with drop frame timecode as non-drop... It seems that somewhere in the plugin, the Dropframe, non-drop bit got flipped, so it interprets it as the opposite,

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a VITAL bugfix. It has ruined 3 projects before we discovered the issue. It's occurring on a Canon C300 and a C300mk2

• Andrew Coll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! This was driving me crazy until I opened some clips in Premiere 12 to compare their timecode vs. 13...I'm having the exact same issue. Except in my case, the MXF clips are original camera media from a Canon C300 Mark II.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base