How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG YES PLEASE ADOBE READ THIS IDEA FIXX IT NOOWWWWWWWWWWW. iTS SO ANNOYING1111

• TaranVH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@eric
    Just keep "Show background video" OFF. The icon should be white, not blue. I already posted the most effective workaround below.

https://i.imgur.com/obp3Ajg.png

Keep in mind that it'll turn itself on if you change sequences. You'll have to toggle it back off.
    This is why you keep that window separate from the others

• Eric Merrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the comment below *Keeping the title panel open* do you have any issues with playback when you're trying to edit? If I keep the title tool open, my playback is extremely choppy and not useable.

Once I get it looking right, I keep the title designer panel open. If you close it, the next time you open it there is no telling what it will look like. This takes some real estate; multiple monitors are almost a must with Premiere, anyway.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's near the end of January 2019 and I'm still having this problem in the latest version. You guys are getting a really bad reputation for all your bugs in Premiere. In case you were unaware.

Resolve and Final Cut Pro X are starting to look really nice....

• Craig Burnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, guys...please fix this issue. It's aggravating, and it's costing me time, which is costing me money.

I pay a lot of money to Adobe every month to have working software. Between this and the constant freezing/locking up, I'm really frustrated.

Holy Lord,

PLEASE fix this. It is infuriating. 2019, OSX, legacy titled simply will not hold the workspace I assign it. I just want it pop open with Styles/Tools/Actions/Properties, like it always has.

• Sparky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most recent update to Premiere Pro helped a bit...for a while. The past couple of weeks, tool, properties, and styles opened with the legacy title window. However they are never the same size. Sometimes the tools panel takes up half the window, at other times it's much smaller. The properties panel is almost always tiny, hugging the right side of the window. However...

Today the legacy panels stopped appearing automatically again!!! I had to manually open them just like after the initial installation of PR 2019. I haven't updated the program in over two weeks...so why did it revert? For a sole user like me, CC is expensive (and just became more so). Increasingly I wonder why I'm paying so much for a program that performs inconsistently, and is difficult to use.

Help (again)!

• TaranVH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my WORKAROUND has improved.
    Turns out, you can have the titler AND a bunch of bins on the same (secondary!) monitor, if you sacrifice just a bit of space at the very top.
    Here's what my 2nd monitor usually looks like:
    https://i.imgur.com/du0JtaT.png

And here's what it looks like when I'm creating a title:
    https://i.imgur.com/obp3Ajg.png
    I only need to click on the selection tool arrow icon, in order for it to switch to the titler windows.
    Notice also that I keep "show background video" OFF. The titler has always been too buggy and slow to keep that on....
    However, it'll turn itself back on if you switch sequences... resulting in the entire program slowing down, as it tries to display video information in the main titler window, even if it's underneath a bunch of bins.
    For this reason, I often still close the main titler window when it is not in use. The other 4 panels will NOT vanish, since they have been deliberately detached from it. However, it's fine to attach them to each other.

• Pierre Louis Beranek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the comments here. Instead of killing the Legacy Titler, how about you fix it!

2 more things that need to be fixed with the Legacy Titler:

1. Make the selection box YELLOW, or BLUE, or another other color than white!!!! White selection boxes on white backgrounds are invisible and thus very difficult to use! (and white backgrounds are a heck of a lot more common than yellow or light blue) This fix literally requires that ONE color setting in the source code be changed, so please change it already!
    2. Make titles constantly rasterize so users can zoom into them above 100% and have them still appear as sharp. AE easily does this, so why no PP?

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so sick of having to deal with this legacy title issue, it's killing my workflow! I don't like working in the graphics workspace and I cant see details in the preview window.

• NJones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would support the comments about re-instating Legacy Titles as they were. This got me the other night and thought my Premiere Pro installation was screwed up - then realised this was infact a 'new feature' of the latest release. When Wes Howell refers to a new patch below - is this the latest 2019 13.0.2 version?.

This no title panel is insane! The Legacy Title panel worked fantastic. Now there is no flow when it comes to making titles, tickers and such. It needs to be put back the way is was or an actual solution made that is easier and faster I just don't see it.... Please Fix this!...

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem and I agree that the Old Legacy Titling System is easier to use plus you can bevel edges, apply inner and out stroke with adjustable transparency. I also like all the drawing tools for making track mattes. I hope Adobe does not get rid of it.

• Catherine Marciniak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - I find the interface of the legacy title much more user friendly than essential graphics, with all the tools you need (when tool windows are working properly and stay open) in one screen rather than having to use drop down menus for every additional tool. In our work flow we use titling all the time for SM versioning of videos - duplicating and making changes to elements - much easier in legacy. I would also like to see Adobe support the fixes for legacy title and perhaps re-think their concept of essential graphics.

• Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is frustrating having to open the tools, properties, and actions every time I open legacy title.

Also... we all know Essential Graphics is available, but seeing that there's clearly more than enough Premiere users preferring the title tool as I do (in most cases), maybe just focus your attention back to improving that instead of scrapping and trying to force everyone to something else?

The thing with Essential Graphics is you don't end up with clips you can manage in a bin and can't edit your without going directly to the inserted point on the timeline. Anyone who uses nested sequences or has lower thirds or any repeated graphic throughout a program benefits greatly from only having to open one source to make revisions. And being able to do that without touching the timeline greatly improves our workflow.

← Previous 1

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base