Add a "monitoring resolution" for video playback of 2.39:1, etc timelines to Decklink cards with letterboxing instead of stretching
Allow the setting of a standard output resolution for external sources to facilitate the proper scaling and automatic letterboxing of the other aspect ratios being used in various timelines in a project -- like 1.66:1, 1.85:1, 2.00:1, 2.20:1, 2.39:1.
We shouldn't have to work in 16x9 timelines just to make our monitors work!
Jeff Billings commented
1. Use AJA I/O equipment instead (tested with T-tap, U-tap SDI, and iO-XT)
2. Open AJA Control Panel and set to your monitor's max resolution (usually HD or UHD)
3. Set Premiere's Video Preview output to AJA T-Tap
4. Click "Setup..." and set Video Format to "Match Control Panel"
5. Enjoy letterboxed/pillarboxed output from any timeline size to your client monitor.
Alex Elkins commented
Adobe have been passing the buck on this for years by claiming that it's the responsibility of Blackmagic to make this possible. That argument falls flat when every other piece of software I use handles it all perfectly though.
Please address this Adobe! It's really basic stuff.
Ryan Schroeder commented
Not sure why this only has 3 votes! I agree here.