Bug report premiere pro
Me and my colleagues use after effects projects within adobe premiere for animated titles. Since the latest update, this does not work properly. When we open previous projects, we can not change the words anymore. Also the fonts are different to what we created in after effects.
We're all having trouble getting work done, because we constantly have to go back into after effects to render our titles. This is a huge problem.
I'm very excited to let y'all know that the patch is ready for you! If you don't see the update for 13.0.1 in your CC App, use the hamburger menu and select "Check for App Updates" to trigger the availability of the new version.
I do want to note that this will resolve issue for Mogrts made in older versions of AE, except for Mogrts that require Dynamic Link. After Effects did not release an emergency patch in tandem so those will be resolved in the next patch.
Thank you for all of your patience!
Apologies for the added hurdles to your workflows. Can you tell me more about the words not being updated. That part of the issue is new to me. If you have Mogrts you can share that would be really helpful. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
In regards to the issues you are seeing with the incorrect font loading, we are working on a fix that will be released ASAP.
In the meantime, the workaround is to re-export the Mogrts from After Effects 2019 (v 16.0).
It sounds like you have the original .aeps so if you update the projects to 16.0 and re-export you'll be set. But in the event that you only have the Mogrts themselves, you can open the Mogrts natively in AE with the following steps.
1. Launch the latest version of AE (16.0)
2. Go to Menu Bar and select File > Open
3. Choose your Mogrt
4. You will be prompted to select a folder to unpack the Mogrt to, please choose your location on disk
5. This will open the .AEP up
6. Open the Essential Graphics Panel and re-export the Mogrt. (save to Local Templates Folder)
7. Launch PR and add the newly exported Mogrt to a sequence
If you're working with Mogrts via CC Libraries, you'll need to save them locally to be able to access them via AE and can do so with these pre-steps:
The first thing you want to do is get a copy of your Mogrt saved Locally.
1. Open the EGP and make sure the “My Templates” tab is selected
2. Check the “Libraries” filter on to only see the Mogrts in your CC Libraries
3. Right Click on the Mogrt you need to convert
4. Select “Copy to Local”
5. 5. Navigate to the Motion Graphics Template folder where your Mogrts are saved Locally by default (here are the pathways)
(mac) username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Template/
(win) ://Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Template/
6. I usually sort by most recently added so that the newly copied Mogrt is at the very top
7. Duplicate it and move it to your desktop or somewhere that is convenient, then follow the steps above.
Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you so much for the help identifying the problem.
Just reported the same thing. Hi, I just wanted to report a bug that I am experiencing in the new Premiere Pro v13 update.
The fonts from our custom made essential graphics aren't carrying over from v12 to v13. We had to rollback to get our fonts working. We even reinstalled our mogrt files to see if the fonts would work. Still no luck.
For now, we recommend to just use version 12, until they fix this.