Mismatched media timecode in and out points Premiere 13.0 - XML export broken
I had a project done in Premiere 12 that needed its media reconnected. I opened in 13, and when it reconnected, in and out points were all over the map. Went back to 12, it reconnected just fine. No big deal, I think, it's the whole "don't open old projects in new releases".
Well, now I'm trying to send a different edit via XML to Davinci Resolve for color grading. All the in and out points are incredibly off in Resolve - have NEVER had an import issue before like this. Some clips are just flat out offline because, according to Resolve, the XML calls for selections outside of the clip runtimes.
So, I think to myself, let's have 12 be the middle man between 13 and Resolve. Go to 12, import XML - it freezes up. Every time. Now, unfortunately, I must go back and redo my recut of the last edit, as there is no way to get it out of Premiere 13 reliably, even to last year's Premiere.
13 was not ready for prime time, this is a HUGE problem. (Fortunately I found a way to "downgrade" my 13.0 project to 12, and export that edit to Resolve - the XML worked just fine.) Attached is a zip with the broken XML 13.0 exported and the working XML 12 exported.
Same issue here with XML files from my C300mk2. Thankfully I had autosave files that were v12 so I didn't lose that much. Regardless this needs to be fixed!