Loudness Radar in effects rack creates buzzing
I have been getting a bug in my workflow from CC version 12.1 forward. I was hoping it would be fixed in the 2019 version (13.0) but it's still present.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a sequence (We use the XDCAM HD422 1080i30 60i) with the tracks set to 8 Multichannel. Map channels 1 & 2 to 1 & 2 AND 7 & 8.
- Open the sequence and place bars and tone into the sequence. Track 1 and 2 should have tone panned left and right, respectively.
- Place a slate (or a color matte, empty video, etc) for 10 seconds with nothing on the audio track.
- In the audio track mixer, add the LOUDNESS RADAR effect onto the Master channel.
- Place the playhead in the tone and play for a second, then in the empty audio region, over the blank video or color matte.
Result: There is a loud buzz despite no audio being present. The audio meter shows data on tracks 2, 7 & 8 despite there being no audio data present.
(the attached video didn't record the sound but you can see in the meter it is registering the buzz)