How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,141 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

389 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am beta testing OSX .braw importer right now from Autokroma, and it's working great in Premiere. There is hope!!

Hey everyone - I was one of the first to post last September, desperate to get this format working natively in Premiere. I suspect Black Magic built the codec in a way that makes it very difficult for Adobe to deploy for some reason - perhaps the way resource allocation works natively in Premiere. In any case, this is now a moot point, because DaVinci Resolve truly is amazing. The learning curve wasn't that bad. I also needed a Photoshop replacement and am now happily running Affinity and wow - Photoshop competitors have come a long, long way. Goodbye, Adobe. Enjoy the thousands you took from me over the years. I'll see to it other companies enjoy it going forward. Totally disgraceful handling of our good faith requests to address this massive gap in function.

Honestly guys, don't even waste your time anymore. Adobe doesn't deserve your business. I've just changed my entire post-workflow for all my clients over to Resolve. Never been happier, in fact I believe our workflow is much more efficient now that we've cut out Premiere. Thanks Adobe, for making the decision to switch an easy one to make. Now I'll be looking for alternatives to Lightroom and Photoshop as well so I no longer need to deal with this dinosaur of a company.

• JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add .braw support. I have been a Premiere Pro/After Effects user for years. You are forcing me to another NLE. You're going to lose a customer, a full CC customer, if you don't provide support.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLease Please Please. It ain't that complicated. Add BRAW support to Premier Pro. Black Magic has made the SDK free and available to create the plugin. Seriously step on it becuase the latest version of Davinci Resolve is seriously making me consider a switch over to only using it for editing---and I'm sure I'm not the only person considering this.

If Adobe doesn't want to lose tons of business they better get cracking on a BRAW plugin.

• Harry Chrisp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering Blackmagic has their own FREE editing software that works with BRAW it seem insane to me that adobe would risk losing so many editors to Resolve. I do most of my colour grading in Resolve already so if I can't edit my camera's files in premiere then I have no need for it anymore... but it's such a great editor I'd still be sad to stop using it.

And the BRAW SDK is free! Come on Adobe, this is probably the easiest update yet and all your other competitors will have this over you.

• Brendan Monteiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been using premiere for 9 years and been forced to have to learn Resolve due to lack of support for .BRAW files, adobe pull your finger man.

For anyone thinking of trying resolve, It's actually pretty good, some minor bits are weird but just finished a gruelling 15 video campaign under super tight deadlines and managed it rather effortlessly, exporting is way faster, no crashes and personally I prefer their fairlight approach to handling audio and key framing in and out of dialogue and music.

• thomaswood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just finished shooting a 4 day documentary in BRAW. I'm doing final DIT and transfer. Looks like I'm not going to have a Premiere workflow without some major hulahoops which means it looks like I"m going to have to break down and learn Resolve. I was already eager to learn Resolve for coloring, I really, really wish it could just be that and I could stick with Premiere for the edit.

This doc is part of a pilot for a new show getting picked up, which means maybe an entire season of something being edited in Resolve. Adobe, come on, please get us some updates.

• Joe Matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering leaving Premiere Pro and doing all editing on Davinci because Adobe refuses to support Blackmagic Raw files. If you guys want customers to stay and use your product then support BRAW. As simple as that.

• Jean-Gabriel Morin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have switch to Resolve but I wish you can add BRAW support on pr pro! Blackmagic released the SDK for you to use a wile back What is going on?

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, round tripping through Premiere then to Davinci is a hassle. Might have to make the full jump to Davinci. Although I'm sure Adobe will listen to it's customers, right?

• lukebanfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the comments have already covered off my feeling.

Just done my first full edit in Resolve, as Pr still doesn't support the new raw formats. It's interesting... it only took me one large project with h.264 to move from Final Cut to Premiere and now that setting up keyboard shortcuts is so easy, I think I'm convinced that it's time to move to Resolve... unless Adobe can pull their finger out!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base