How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,293 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

442 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sean McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome that Autokroma has made a plugin that does this, and I'm sure it's great...but frankly, I'm paying for a subscription to creative cloud here, I shouldn't have to pay for an extra plugin just so native footage from my camera works in PP.

• AP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a priority for Adobe if they do not want there customers going completely over to Davinci Resolve ....I am seriously considering it if Adobe does not address this as l have had 2 Blackmagic Design cameras over the last 5 years and all along RED has been supported.

The ball is in your court Adobe!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont understand why you do not write the code for BM RAW? There's 3rd party software out there that costs 30$ but if you are PC based like we are in-house you left the engineering to someone else? This makes no ******* sense. What are we paying for?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Adobe, I have rocked with you since APP1.5 when your software came for free with my Canopus, I have rocked with you when you were not the popular vote-Final Cut was the leader back then. I was pleasantly surprised when the Red One came out you were ahead of the game and ready for that workflow, I was pleasantly surprised when DSLR footage came into the picture you were again ready for that workflow. But here we are years later and there's a new game in town that you have yet to take on BRAW I would dare to say this is one of the hottest formats out if not the hottest but yet you have not addressed it in any updates least that I have seen yet, its very disappointing to not only have to go thru a 3rd party but to have to pay for a 3rd party app to run BRAW in APPCC, that was the drawback with Final Cut at the inception of DSLR to have to use 3rd party software whereas in Adobe you didn't . You are sending users to a FREE app to edit BRAW and many users are leaving Adobe to go to DaVinci for a few reasons. I can't understand why BRAW is still not addressed in an update you got GOPro presets, ProRes in and out,Arri,Red, Sony but no BRAW why?

• michael gorga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its bad enough I have to chase around Apple to support NVIDIA cards, now I have to chase Adobe around after many loyal years, to support BRAW? C'mon guys. It's going to really cost you in the long run.

• Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys! Already moved my whole editing workflow from Premiere to Resolve. Don't make me leave After Effects for Fusion. Its a waste of my time and your money. Just Resolve the issue, lol.

• Dan Sadowsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this for an upcoming project. Academy Award-nominated doc director is shooting in this codec and I need to be able to edit it!

• Saleh Alzughaibi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is braw not supported yet? I pay monthly membership fees and expect my NLE to stay up-to-date (not almost a year late) to popular technology used by users around the world.

I can't use one of the most critical parts of my workflow (braw codec) with premiere pro and am seriously thinking of switching to resolve.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everyone - Sam here the guy who started this thread - I've since bought the Pocket 4K from blackmagic - I love the camera - shooting in BRAW is less space than ProRes - which is crazy. Anyway I tried using Davinic Resolve for a bit and there's a lot to love about the program. It also seems to crash a bunch - especially the new beta version (16) - so I moved back to Premiere. I also do a lot with After Effects and there's just no equivalent for it with Fusion, for the kind of motions graphics I do. I just tried BRAW Studio from Autokroma on Windows. It's amazing. I don't think it works in After Effects, but I'm living the dream in Premiere. Anyway that's my thoughts for now. Still would like to see official Adobe support and I'm sure Mac lovers would too.

• Joachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just about to pick upp one of the first URSA G2 in Sweden and have been an Adobe CC subscriber ever since the secend year that it was avilible.

I^ithout BL-raw support premiere will fell out of date and I will have to look at alternatives. I would even say that I demand BL-raw support i Adobe CC.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base