How can we improve Premiere Pro?

BUG: Mouse disappears at random

It's not just Lumetri or captioning that causes the mouse to disappear. It seems to happen to some people and not to others. I work at a place with 12 editors and half of them are having this issue where the mouse disappears for some reason. The mouse works fine, it's still there, under Premiere, working like a charm in Finder and every other application. ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Skyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been having this issue a lot and just figured out that if I 'reset to saved layout' under the workspaces menu that it fixed my issue. Tried that after I read the previous comment about having windows overlapping on monitors. I don't have it setup that way but wondering if when my computer sleeps (company IT has mandatory sleep settings) that my windows shift slightly.

• Jarle Leirpoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem on Windows 10 Pro, 1803, version 17134.345.
    Only seems to happen when Premiere is on Monitor 2, but it's annoying.

• katherine strain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My mouse cursor disappears randomly but most often when I close a project and open another. Need to quit premiere and relaunch to get it back. happens about every 3rd time. Multi monitor using nvidia quadro on windows 10.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mitch,
    Thanks for the response, I have some editors testing this out, but others with the same issue have all of Premiere on a single monitor or their Premiere panels are nowhere near the edges of the monitors. So, this might help some, but it's not fixing the issue for most.

• Mitch Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ben,
    If you are using multiple monitors and have Premiere Pro broken out into separate panels (ala FCP7), make sure that there are no panels overlapping from one monitor into another. Having even one pixel from a panel shared across both screens can cause strange mouse behaviors like this.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base