Be able to copy effects on essential graphic clips
Right now if I copy an effect and paste it on another EG the type and words and everything else pastes. not only the effect.
In that case, please help me understand just what it is you want to do.
It sounds like maybe you want to be able to paste certain attributes (like a layer's position or scale) including any associated keyframes from one graphic layer to another. Is that correct?
If you have transform keyframes for things like position or scale, you should be able to copy/paste those between layers. But you have to do your copying and pasting within the Effect Controls Panel (ECP) for it to work.
Cody Hutchison commented
I want the same thing. Don't know what James is talking about. All James is doing is creating a custom effect and pasting it to another custom text. We want to be able to copy the pre-programmed "Essential Graphics" effects and paste them onto objects, text or other things that we create that we want to be animated in the same way. Currently if you copy and try to paste the pre-programed "Essential Graphics" and try to paste the attributes (in any way), nothing happens.
I am unable to repro this in Pr 12.1.1 x 10. Can you tell me a bit more about what you are doing?
Here is what I did:
1. Use the Text tool to make a new Graphic + Text Layer in the Program Mon (PM)/Timeline (TL)
2. Apply Gaussian blur by drag and dropping onto the Graphic in the TL
3. Make sire the graphic is selected, go to the Effect Controls Panel (ECP)
4. Find the gaussian blur (turn up its blurriness) right click > Copy
5. Repeat step 1 to make a new Graphic + Text
6. Back in the ECP > Right Click > Paste
The Gaussian blur is pasted in (with correct blur value) and not other Text or other effects are pasted in with it.(Edited by admin)