How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Optimize for high core count systems

You guys need to optimize your software to utilize more cpu cores.

It doesn’t make sense that a lower end cpu works better then a high end cpu.

If changes are not made.. I will cancel my membership and explore your competitor’s options.

70 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MacherTV_Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

➡️As I am getting my new Ryzen 2600X with 8 cores I have to vote this up.

🔥Minimum 8 cores are the future. Even in the consumer market.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using A Threadripper 1950x and gtx 1080ti and I pulled out the gtx 1080 and replaced with an old ATI HD 5800 series gpu and now have a lot smoother playback. Might have to sell my gtx 1080 and go with a vega ?

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be one thing if using a threadripper was slower l, but it’s barely usable. Getting dropped frames in the media preview window is just sad.

• Sam Garfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also on a Threadripper 1950x and it's not great. A processor that costs a quarter as much delivers a much smoother experience. If this can be addressed through optimizations please make it happen! Other video editing apps don't seem to have similar issues so it seems like something could be done.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in same boat 1950x threadripper system with 1080ti and m.2 drives. You guys really really really need to get with it and start optimizing for professionals. I wish there was a way to sue software companies for lost time due to updates that kick you in the sac. I will get system running good then have some "update" on something that causes ****. It is ******** and should be scheduled and very deliberate instead of tiny updates that just cause problems.

• Jens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking at the latest Threadripper with 32 Cores, so adobe cant utilize them ? i understand that not every effect can be done in parallel, but that should be the main goal as it would increase the user experience so much.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have two workstation computers, a i9-7980XE and threadripper 1950x and neither of them can beat my personal i7 8700k when it comes to my adobe products!? Your software engineering is backwards.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base