How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Luminance/Saturation Curve in Lumetri Color

Please add luminance/saturation curve in Lumetri Color. The one like in DaVinci Resolve. Users could desaturate based on the luminance range much easier than using HSL Secondaries.

160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Piotr Toczyński shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hitesh vip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only thing people are moving from premire to resolve is colourgrading and renderingmethod
        adobe needs to improve colour grading and make good use of gpu too

• Alex Valtchev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://prnt.sc/kt9nnt

YES, And by far the Adobe Lightroom has the best way to correct colors, HSL - Hue, Saturation, and Luminance !!! Just look - https://prnt.sc/kt9nnt

You already have it in one program, borrow it. And the little "RED ARROWS" that pointing to a picker that can adjust exact spot on skin color to be more red, or yellow, or dark or bright and etc is the best feature you have ever invented. Its just genius! Just borrow it and make it like that!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Piotr. Furthermore, I think they should add Luma Vs Sat in Photoshop as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I don't understand is the like of controls for secondary color correction. What's the point of Lumetri if I can't properly shift hues and such? Also, what's the point of only being able to adjust one secondary? I guess it's good for simple color correction but it's still a hobbled tool compared to resolve, and to be honest, resolve is super simple.

• Darren Manden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might I suggest copying a lot of what Resolve has, and throwing that into Lumetri? :-P

In all seriousness, Lum/Sat curves would be fantastic!

• Tim Buttner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cool idea, but I'll stick to using DaVinci Resolve for color grading. I just find Resolve better for color grading all around than Premiere.

• gloria messer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea of adding luminance/saturation curve in Lumetri Color. Please include it in your next update. Thank you
        Gloria Messer, Producer/Director/Editor

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base