How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Background Rendering

I'd like to add the ability to continue working while sequences get rendered within Premiere Pro. Rendering would remain user initiated, and NEVER occur automatically. However, once a user initiates a render, we would be able to continue working. I imagine a new Render window along with the Project, Media Browser, Effects, Info, etc., where we could see the status of all initiated renders; pause, resume and cancel them; rearrange their order, etc.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jim Simon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, as others have mentioned the real killer is that you cant que timeline renders which is completely insane considering what a timedump it is. At some point you could select seq's from the project bin and let them render overnight. Adobe need to take this serious! We need render control and the ability to cue renders. Resolve is looking more and more tempting every day - sigh

• Harley Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about adding a queuing function to the menu that will queue the renders to Adobe Media Encoder for background renders. You could then initiate the render at your leisure. Of course, if the render were started immediately, it would still allow for queuing multiple renders, all while you continue to work. However, you would also need access to each of the sequences being rendered, which would require XML access to the sequence and direct access to the video sources. To keep this from being interfered with, I wouldn't mind offlining the clips affected until the render is complete. It would allow me to move on to another section, keep me from getting a kind of tunnel vision on any one section and promote best artistic practice.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base