Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,099 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always trying to support a wide range of formats, and this particular format I’ve marked as “under consideration” earlier this year as we hear you loud and clear on the desire to have it supported in our products.

That said, it isn’t in the release available to you today, and I can’t give you an ETA at this stage. Our priority is to make every new format a great fit in terms of workflow, integration and performance, and sometimes that means it isn’t going to happen at an accelerated pace.

253 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ghost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t have an opinion, I just wanted to make you all check your emails.

Heehee

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allright, got a P4k in yesterday and have a 4.6k G2 on order...
    so....if ADOBE does not manage to support Braw properly, i will simply switch to resolve.
    you will loose my money, and many other will do the same i guess.
    support that **** Braw, cant be that hard if a small company named Autokroma can do it....
    right????????

This adobe support / no reaction to its users is just hilarious!

Great customer support!!! :-)

• Jaek Mahteeva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not answering is a really poor business. If you can't do it, won't do it, Apple won't let you do it... regardless, Adobe has to produce some kind of an update or risk more loss of consumer confidence.

Can we get an update on this? We could accept a delay of ProRes RAW support if we had an answer to why the delay exists. We've speculated several causes but haven't heard an official reason. Many of us are trying to stick it out and give Adobe the benefit of the doubt, but we deserve a little transparency in return.

I was one of the original commenters on this thread when ProRes RAW was first released. First I was confused, then slowly anger took over when I kept asking Adobe when they were supporting ProRes RAW and they kept dodging the question. Email, phone call, live chat - none of them would speak about ProRes RAW let alone give me an estimated time it would be supported by.

Since, I have bought myself a BlackMagic Pocket 4K which came with a copy of Resolve. I started playing around with it, and within 2 days I'd cancelled my Adobe CC account and had completely migrated over. Adobe's dead to me after this. Had been an Adobe Premiere User for around 20 years and will never have that software on my system every again.

• Mattia Merli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently switching to Resolve here, mostly because frustated by continuos crashing of Premiere but I have to admit that their lack of communication on this subject played a huge role. Did not expected this behavior from a company like Adobe. Will unsubscribe from this group, good luck guys, sincerly hope that one day Adobe will answer (**** at least a yes or no!!) but I have no trust in Adobe animore. Ah, I'm a Premiere Pro user from 5.0 (not cs5!!). Bye Adobe

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No news or interaction from Adobe whatsoever... so I think we can safely assume Apple is refusing to work with Premiere and / or Premiere isn't making progress on this issue and sees no prospects of adding this codec in the future. Switching to *******. Recommending that to others dealing with this issue.

Adobe, your lack of communication is unprofessional.

+1 here!

So we can strongly think about stepping over to different editing software.

No responses to this subject what so ever.....
    "How can we improver Premiere?" It says on the top of this page.... Ridicolous after more then a year....

As Aristotle once postulated, “horror vacui” (Nature Abhors a Vacuum). The vacuum here is Adobe's (non)response to the need to add the ProRes RAW codec to Premiere (and of course Adobe Media Encoder).

So, Patrick, I would respectfully suggest that you/Adobe let us know what your intentions are: are you going to add this codec (and WHEN); or not. Pretty simple question. Can you give us a simple and helpful answer, please?

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 still waiting for Prores RAW implementation. I can't shoot projects on it since most of my clients use Premiere. Very frustrating.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new update PREMIERE ... and.. nothing.. stil no prores RAW :( SAD...

• Ronald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a teacher in Adobe apps, and bought Nikon Z6 and Ninja V to edit ProResRaw, when will it be available in Premiere?

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everybody:

While the lack of urgency is frustrating, this isn't 100% Adobe's fault. Apple has their own certification program that every program has to pass if they want to use the ProRes family of codecs. While this is just speculation, I suspect Apple is delaying other NLE's from using ProRes RAW due to a deal with Atomos and to push more traffic to FCPX until the contract is up with Atomos.

Adobe could either be:

a. Attempting to get accepted for ProRes RAW but is being held up by Apple

or

b. Trying to design a new RAW workflow for ProRes which takes time as the current CDNG RAW workflow is completely and utterly useless.

or

c. Ignoring it's customer base.

While this is all frustrating, I think it's safe to say Adobe isn't the only culprit here. Apple also plays a huge roll in this. And the fact that no other NLE has supported it either also points to the possibility that Apple is monopolizing the codec for the time being.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base