How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

431 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Igy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Julian Lemmerich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But please make it easily toggle-able. I wouldnt want this, when working on a Laptop, but the shortly after, when docked, its handy

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe has dropped the ball on rendering - looking to Avid or Resolve. We need better control over rendering, background rendering

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :

Lets be able to SELECT TIMELINES in the project bin and cue them up for renders.
    Having to MANUALLY load and render in to out on single timelines is completely insane and a totally unaccebtable timedump -

This was introduced in 7.1 but doesn't work in cc18 :
    https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-october-2013-release/?segment=dva
    Pls bump and comment

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33867982-background-rendering

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think exporting to Media Encoder works great. You can start a new sequence in Premiere Pro while Media Encoder renders in the background.

• MacherTV_Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG, this sound so good! I have not worked with FXP yet. However, if it works nicely there I am sure Premiere engineers are capable of introducing this into premiere :)

I don't know what to do. But better performance in general is always a major +

• Rafael Guetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UX:
    - Have a progress indicator for effect renders (same as the Analyze feature in Warp Stabilizer).
    - Have a global button to start/stop BG render (in case we want the CPU power for other apps)

BG:
    - First step, make PP automatically analyze warp stabilizer clips in the BG during no activity.
    - Nest step add the feature to other heavy effects (like neatvideo) or similar.

• Darren Manden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. If it could background render all currently open sequences would be excellent! It's one of the things I really miss from FCP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this featured integrated closer into premiere (like conforming audio files), rather than going out to Media Encoder which often has issues communicating with Pr (like with proxies).

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base