How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Better project management

We often need to collect the project for transfering or archiving purposes. When collecting - all assets will be collected in one folder which is a bit messy....it would be great if files can be collected in 2 ways:
- following the Premiere project bin structure
Or
- following the folder structure on hard drive
That would help us a lot in keeping the collected projects organized.

191 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Slobodan Milivojevic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also fix it! We get about 25% success rate on collect and copy. Most often they just fail. So when they do, it starts over and erases all previously copied content. DONT! Instead just add to what was already moved. Progress bar never really updates either. Clunky.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was possible, this would also solve a huge problem currently, which is that if you have duplicate file names in project (ehem... "Clip0001") when it currently exports, we get Clip0001_001, 002, etc, etc. This makes relinking back to original footage later tedious because Premiere no longer is looking for the correct clip name, it's looking for the _001 version, and you have to manually re-link every clip - sometimes in thousands.

• Scott Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if anyone else has the issue but when i use project management to consolidate a project for handoff to grade etc it always copies over all the proxy media regardless if the master clips are in the selection or not.

This has been happing since the addition of the proxy workflow

• Michael Gyori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even get the Project Manager to output a small portion of our film to a consolidated directory with all required assets. This means that I need to give the DP the entire 18TB project, instead of only the media he needs to grade the film. Right now the Project Manager just quits after thinking for a few minutes with an error, asking me to try again. It's disappointing that the engineers actually coded in a message that says I should try again. This shows an awareness of randomness and instability with the code base that is disturbing. Regardless, I did try again. Nothing changed. And yes, flattening all of the consolidated media into one directory (if it did work) is extremely messy on a large project and I second the motion to maintain an original directory tree from the source material.

• Michael Kammes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In it's simplest form, keeping the existing OS folder structure without collecting all of the assets in 1 folder would be phenomenal.

• Slobodan Milivojevic “Bobansky” commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks ADOBE, I am delighted to see my idea taken into the consideration!
    I am Premiere user since 1995 and literally i spend my life in Adobe environment ;) So happy to see how Premiere evolved in this 23 years!!

• Blast Theory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very welcome as dumping all media into a single folder - as is currently the case - has led to a lot of confusion in transferring our projects.

• Kyle Hamrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very much on board with this. After Effects has this functionality, copying the folder structure you create within AE's project panel. My edit projects usually have WAY more assets, with WAY more bins. Being able to retain that organization in a collected project just makes sense.

• Conor Bowes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This would also simplify fixing project structures provided by producers if we could just force it to match the structure provided in Premiere (which is best practice at our station anyway) that would solve a lot of problems for us

← Previous 1

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base