• Show in Source Monitor duplicate frames of a clip in timeline
• Warp Stabilizer and Speed to work in the same clip
• Save and auto-save in background without stoping with the editing.
• Solo video tracks
• Analize Warp Stabilizer when Rendering if needed or show a warning of the need to analize.
• Add a couple of recent used transition by right clicking in the edge of a clip. Also a search box for transitions in the same contextual menu.
• FX/Transition Timeline Search Box by pressing a key (Like Ctrl+Spacebar) of by default the shortcut Shift +7 activate the search bar to find the desired effect.
• Allow to change the Editing Tool behavior in the act, namely, while dragging the edge of a clip, if Ctrl is pressed turns to Ripple in the act.
• Reduce Project, if there's one clip imported and is used many times, reference to one master clip when reducing
• When collecting files, save assets by creating folders like "Footage, Audio, Graphics" or organize assets in same way is organize in Project Panel Premiere Pro.
• When mark out in timeline, make it one frame less because it adds a black frame at the end.
• Allow to rearrange tracks
• While moving position from Program Monitor, snap to the borders of Program Monitor.
• Automatically saves similar items in a bin, for example all adjustment layer in a bin called Adjustment layer.
• When applying a FX automatically move to the Effects Control Tab with the options expanded.
• Make the Effect Control options expanded by default.
• Smart Clipboard to paste the desired copied element (FXs, Transitions, Clips). If paste without any clip selected in timeline, paste the clip copied. If clip selected, paste effect. If a edge of a clip selected, paste transition.
• Cut a couple of selected clips with the Razor tool by holding a modifier key.
• Option to focus on timeline when doing Reverse Match Frame
• Queue several marker's segment to Adobe Media Encoder.
• Master Search, search for Clips and FX in one search bar.
• Allow to ripple delete in just one track like Track Selecction Forward Tool when holding Shift key.
• Allow modify mouse wheel behavior
• Right click in timeline to appear a contextual menu to create adjustment layers, bar and tones, Color Matte and place it where the playhead is.
• Improve mask behavior like After Effects
• Allow to leave the audio keyframe intact when using slip tool in audio
• Double click on a keyframe in timeline returns to original value 0 db
• Add a kind of funtion that doing a insert or dropping a clip, push everything ahead of tha clip forward without cutting what is below or above the clip that is being inserted without using Sync Lock.
• Match the sequence setting with a clip already in the timeline by right click - Match Sequence with this clip.
• Nest audio
• Allow Track Selection Tool to move the markers
• Allow to insert a number value in any clip keyframe in timeline.
• Allow to convert In and Out point into a Marker segment.
• Allow to undo a selected step in History tab.
• When deleting something between In and Out point outside of the timeline editing view, ask if i'm sure to delete.
While this is a long list full of good ideas, I’ll have to close this request for the reasons already mentioned by Reg: a list isn’t actionable for us, it doesn’t help us to create priorities based on what most people want the most.
As the creator of this list seems to be no longer on the platform, it’s likely that individual requests won’t be entered unless YOU, the other 74 people who voted for the list, create individual items that you care about the most.
if you feel like all of them are equally important you’re kind of setting yourself up for becoming a beta tester moving forward. I’d be happy to discuss this opportunity with you – send me a private message if that’s the case.
Franklin Nin commented
Hi, Patrick Palmer, I'm the creator of the list and I'm still on the platform. I was going to delete this post but for some reason it logged me out so now it says anonymous as the creator of the list.
Maybe a list isn't actionable but some of these feature I think doesn't require for people to vote because is common sense for a better workflow. For example background save and autosave, when someone is editing is annoying that the editing process is stopped because an autosave box appear for a couple of seconds. If the project is large, the save takes more time thus more editing time wasted.
Warp Stabilizer Warning is another one, because I think nobody wants to render a video with a blue bar in the middle saying "Analize".
Project archive and reduce project are others.
I'm checking the list one by one in this forum so I only vote if other person already did the request, if not then I create a new one.
Some if not all of them are excellent propositions which I also vote for.
Franklin Nin commented
I guess I'll post the ones that nobody's posted.
On this point, I must agree with Reg Santo.
Visual Feast commented
Ok, Franklin are you going to post all these separately...? I don't want to start any duplicates.
Unfortunately, this platform doesn't allow individual polling.
Again, It would really be best if these ideas are tracked on a case by case basis and then voted accordingly. It is by far the best way to ensure a request is tracked properly.
We would like to be able to mark requests that are Completed and we won't be able to do that if they have multiple items.
Feature requests should be specific and bugs should ideally have steps to reproduce.
Visual Feast commented
I upvoted for (no particular order):
- convert in/out to marker segment
- nest audio
- AE like masks, with all the same keyboard shortcuts
- right-click timeline options
- customizable mouse wheel
- search - esp for FX
- mark out as 1 frame less (option like in avid)
- solo video tracks
- auto-save in background w/o disrupting editing
Thanks for the feedback. It's best to keep requests and bug reports to a single issue so that requests or bug reports can be tracked properly. If people up vote a list, we won't know which item people are up-voting