Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include timecode and speaker names on caption export

Speech to Text caption text export really needs to include timecode and speaker names.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

51 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Numeric Pad Needs to Come Back in the Titler

With the new update of Premiere 22 the numeric pad no longer works for the Titler. It would be great to have that back! I produce a lot of car dealer and furniture TV commercials and having the numeric pad is handy for changing out prices and other numeric information.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please remove "Your video was exported successfully"

"Your video was exported successfully"
    This is superfluous, an extra key stroke and super annoying. I still have to play it down and look to see if there are any issues. If there is an error - please let me know. At least give me the option to turn it off.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Put red in the center of Lumetri curves, not cyan. That would make it easier to adjust skin tones.

For the Lumetri Color Effect’s curves controls (Hue vs Sat, Hue vs Hue, and Hue vs Luma), cyan is in the center, while red is on the far left and right sides. This is inconvenient, because most users will probably want to adjust skin tones more than anything else, and skin tones are almost always somewhere in the reds and yellows. Therefore, I propose that red be in the center by default, while cyan is on the edges.
    NOTE: Because a horizontal scroll bar is already available, it is possible for the user to essentially do this themselves... but because…

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

thanks for the productive conversation and all the fantastic feedback. Also wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who took the beta out for a test drive, that’s tremendously helpful for us in making sure we’re hitting the mark with these feature improvements.

15.0 is officially available as of last week and it includes this feature update. As it is a major version update, be sure to check out the full list of what’s new before making the move.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.ug.html

Cheers,
    Patrick

5. add Spanish language support for auto transcription

For the auto transcribe feature in Premiere Pro adding the Spanish language would help immensely for my line of work where my audience is predominantly of Spanish speaking language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. adaptive caption background

Please reinstate adaptive caption background length. The change to a static background length, determined by the longest line, has suddenly made any videos we produce with Premiere Pro inconsistent with all of our previous work. Like, overnight Adobe has forced our brand look to change. Please revert or give the user a choice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added the option for users to choose how a background for captions and graphics is supposed to behave. You can either have one background box for a multi-lined caption/graphic which is defined by the widest line or you can have each line have a different width. In the Essential Graphics panel go to the panel menu (looks like three horizontal lines) and click on Text Layer Preferences. In the opened dialog choose your setting for “Background Styles”. This will now be your default. If you want to make a change to an individual caption/graphic and override your default once, you can change the background behavior in the Wrench Menu under Appearance in the Essential Graphics panel.

7. Don't automatically update!

I have a deadline for a massive project this week and now with the Rendering issues so many people are experiencing with Premiere Pro including myself, I'm in jeopardy of not meeting that deadline. Please allow users to decline updates for at least two weeks if not a month! And why does Adobe feel a need to rehaul everything every year? And Hire some people that aren't engineers to use the programs before releasing them. Adobe sucks but unfortunately their monopoly is unavoidable if you were as a creative.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. feature request: Ability to use numeric keypad for essential graphics

This feature request is to add the ability to use the numeric keypad on a computer to input number information into the essential graphics text field.

As it stands, the numeric keypad enters timecode into the program monitor when in the essential graphics window. I believe it would be more advantageous to have use of the numeric keypad to enter number values into text fields within the essential graphics workflow, rather than automatically exiting the graphics workflow to input timecode when striking a key on the numeric keypad.

This as been addressed in previous threads as a "bug fix" in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Varicam LT audio issues in Premiere Pro 15.1

Varicam LT audio turns to pink noise / white noise in 15.1. Plays fine in 15.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating as Completed. We have added multiple shadows and gradients for text layers. If there are more specific feature requests for Essential graphics improvements please create a new UserVoice post. For gradients for strokes and shadows please add your vote or comment to this UserVoice request https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43047765-gradients-for-strokes-and-shadows

11. export a captions file as .srt or .stl

New update:
    Bug

aim:
    Export .srt or .stl file

Problem:
    New update only allows for (Captions) export as a SideCar file. Alongside generation of media.

Error:
    At least one media type must be selected

Workaround:
    Export audio file with track muted then delete file.

Solution:
    Export settings options:
    - Export video
    - Export Audio
    - Export Metadata

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Release Adobe Rush for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL

Adobe Pixel 4 and 4XL are flagship phones that have been out quite a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have Adobe Rush available on them. Please make it compatible and available on Google Play for these phones.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Blackmagic Ultra Monitor 3G in 2021 PP

I was recently told by your tech support that 2021 PP does not support playback through the Blackmagic Ultra Studio Monitor 3G dongle on the Mac Mini M1. However, it does work on 2020 PP with no issues. I think something got broke in 2021 PP because it doesn't even show up in the PP preference menu, even though it is installed on the computer.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow disabling productions automatic locking

I use Productions A LOT and I love it. But I'm working alone and I don't have to worry about team mates getting in my files, so I don't need it to constantly block me from saving my projects. I'd like a feature that lets me disable that feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re glad you like Productions!

We went back and forth on this point for a while: as you’ve pointed out, it might be odd for a lone user to have locking on.

We ultimately decided to force locking on, because it is so crucial when working collaboratively and it is always possible for someone to forget to turn it on, or turn it off by accident.

Perhaps you could move the ‘project locked’ column to the far right, so it’s scrolled offscreen…?

Also, based on the screenshot, the team thinks you’re running into a permissions problem on your system (or that particular volume), not with Productions.

16. A Notes Panel

Literally just a panel I can put my script in or just type notes into, that way I don't have to keep open a Word doc or Notepad window. Doesn't have to be fancy. Maybe just has the ability to adjust the font and font size. This would make a lot of people's workflow that much cleaner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please check out the latest Premiere Pro (Beta) update, available under Beta Apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, to preview the new copy/paste audio effects between tracks feature.

Right-click on the effects rack for any track in the Audio Track Mixer panel and copy or paste the entire effects rack from one track to another.

If you have a chance to try this out, please share your feedback ASAP as we’ll have time to address any issues before releasing this in the main public release.

Thank you!

18. Missing feature... Prioritizing that respects users!

In Pr 15.0 (currently in Beta), Adobe solved a 'problem' with a solution no one's been asking for: when Pr finishes exporting, a dialog box temporarily pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen (see illustration).

In a perfect world of unlimited software development resources, there wouldn't be anything wrong with this per se. However, in the real world, this new feature is a slap in the face to User Voice contributors.

Why?

Because programming resources were spent to solve a problem that never existed (where is the User Voice thread asking for an export success confirmation box?),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well put; your tone is just fine.

In our defense, the ‘render done’ message was actually requested by multiple users, though not on User Voice…

Regardless, we’ve heard loudly and clearly that it’s undesirable, and that (like many users) you’d like us to prioritize other highly-voted UV features.

19. Support for Apple's new Afterburner card for ProRes acceleration.

Support for Apple's new Afterburner card please. The new Mac Pro is build for the community Adobe wants, so it would be a wise to support the Afterburner card..

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Finally, Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version that you should know!

Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version. Called Text that will make editing subtitle very easy & quick. Thanks for Adobe teams. Have a nice day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?