Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 237 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

105 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been fixed in version 22.5 which is available now.  There is a slight difference between Mac and Windows that you should be aware of.  On Mac you can select any file with any file extension to copy the name.  On Windows, the default is to only show the same file extensions you are trying to save.  So if you are exporting a .mp4 and want to copy the name from a .mov, Windows makes this hard - it hides the .mov files from you.  We are working to fix that specific issue on our end somehow since it's a silly limitation.  This is the same behavior as the legacy export mode.  There is a workaround on Windows though.  Type *.* (star dot star) and hit Enter in the filename field.  This will show all files in the directory.  This is a function of Windows that Premiere Pro has…

2. Gradients for Strokes and Shadows

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!
    Thank…

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include timecode and speaker names on caption export

Speech to Text caption text export really needs to include timecode and speaker names.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Numeric Pad Needs to Come Back in the Titler

With the new update of Premiere 22 the numeric pad no longer works for the Titler. It would be great to have that back! I produce a lot of car dealer and furniture TV commercials and having the numeric pad is handy for changing out prices and other numeric information.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Issue with changing audio channels

Hi,

Just downloaded Premiere 2022 (22.4.0) and it seems like there are times where - when I change the audio channels of a file, the audio doesn't actually change until I make an edit in it. So anytime I want to flip an audio channel, I have to make an edit to that clip, then undo it, in order to get the correct audio channel output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please remove "Your video was exported successfully"

"Your video was exported successfully"
    This is superfluous, an extra key stroke and super annoying. I still have to play it down and look to see if there are any issues. If there is an error - please let me know. At least give me the option to turn it off.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hotkeys and Shortcuts For Tracks Controls

So many requests by video editors to enable track controls via shortcuts or hotkeys, from enabling disabling tracks, selecting deselecting tracks, jumping between tracks, jump between audio and video, lock and unlock tracks, and any other hotkeys that may help speed up the editing workflow related to audio and video tracks. That would be a great feature for Premiere Pro and a lot of video editors will find it handy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Audition Remix Added to Premiere Pro

I use the Remix feature in Audition nearly every day, causing me to make the roundtrip from PPro to Audition and back. It's time-consuming. Additionally, if I install the PPro public beta, it breaks the dynamic link to Audition, causing me to have to uninstall PPro, Audition and the beta, then reinstall PPro and Audition to restore the link. If Remix was added to PPro, it would solve both of these problems.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy/Paste in to out with locked tracks

It would be great to be able to copy/paste out of a timeline using i/o even if the tracks are locked. I have tons of dailies stringouts that I want to keep locked to avoid editors going in and somehow unsyncing them or otherwise messing with them, but I can't do that if they then are unable to grab from those sequences.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Pasting to Specific Track

The latest update seems to have broken targeting tracks for pasting clips. Clips always paste on the track they came from. It's really crippling my speed. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put red in the center of Lumetri curves, not cyan. That would make it easier to adjust skin tones.

For the Lumetri Color Effect’s curves controls (Hue vs Sat, Hue vs Hue, and Hue vs Luma), cyan is in the center, while red is on the far left and right sides. This is inconvenient, because most users will probably want to adjust skin tones more than anything else, and skin tones are almost always somewhere in the reds and yellows. Therefore, I propose that red be in the center by default, while cyan is on the edges.
    NOTE: Because a horizontal scroll bar is already available, it is possible for the user to essentially do this themselves... but because…

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

thanks for the productive conversation and all the fantastic feedback. Also wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who took the beta out for a test drive, that’s tremendously helpful for us in making sure we’re hitting the mark with these feature improvements.

15.0 is officially available as of last week and it includes this feature update. As it is a major version update, be sure to check out the full list of what’s new before making the move.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.ug.html

Cheers,
    Patrick

12. add Spanish language support for auto transcription

For the auto transcribe feature in Premiere Pro adding the Spanish language would help immensely for my line of work where my audience is predominantly of Spanish speaking language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. adaptive caption background

Please reinstate adaptive caption background length. The change to a static background length, determined by the longest line, has suddenly made any videos we produce with Premiere Pro inconsistent with all of our previous work. Like, overnight Adobe has forced our brand look to change. Please revert or give the user a choice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added the option for users to choose how a background for captions and graphics is supposed to behave. You can either have one background box for a multi-lined caption/graphic which is defined by the widest line or you can have each line have a different width. In the Essential Graphics panel go to the panel menu (looks like three horizontal lines) and click on Text Layer Preferences. In the opened dialog choose your setting for “Background Styles”. This will now be your default. If you want to make a change to an individual caption/graphic and override your default once, you can change the background behavior in the Wrench Menu under Appearance in the Essential Graphics panel.

14. Don't automatically update!

I have a deadline for a massive project this week and now with the Rendering issues so many people are experiencing with Premiere Pro including myself, I'm in jeopardy of not meeting that deadline. Please allow users to decline updates for at least two weeks if not a month! And why does Adobe feel a need to rehaul everything every year? And Hire some people that aren't engineers to use the programs before releasing them. Adobe sucks but unfortunately their monopoly is unavoidable if you were as a creative.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. feature request: Ability to use numeric keypad for essential graphics

This feature request is to add the ability to use the numeric keypad on a computer to input number information into the essential graphics text field.

As it stands, the numeric keypad enters timecode into the program monitor when in the essential graphics window. I believe it would be more advantageous to have use of the numeric keypad to enter number values into text fields within the essential graphics workflow, rather than automatically exiting the graphics workflow to input timecode when striking a key on the numeric keypad.

This as been addressed in previous threads as a "bug fix" in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Varicam LT audio issues in Premiere Pro 15.1

Varicam LT audio turns to pink noise / white noise in 15.1. Plays fine in 15.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating as Completed. We have added multiple shadows and gradients for text layers. If there are more specific feature requests for Essential graphics improvements please create a new UserVoice post. For gradients for strokes and shadows please add your vote or comment to this UserVoice request https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43047765-gradients-for-strokes-and-shadows

18. Allow copying from locked tracks

When I think of locking tracks I think that it should not allow changes to that track, but Premiere goes further in not allowing muting/unmuting, or even copying from a locked track. I think this functionality should be changed. Muting/unmuting and copying should not be affected by locking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. export a captions file as .srt or .stl

New update:
    Bug

aim:
    Export .srt or .stl file

Problem:
    New update only allows for (Captions) export as a SideCar file. Alongside generation of media.

Error:
    At least one media type must be selected

Workaround:
    Export audio file with track muted then delete file.

Solution:
    Export settings options:
    - Export video
    - Export Audio
    - Export Metadata

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Release Adobe Rush for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL

Adobe Pixel 4 and 4XL are flagship phones that have been out quite a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have Adobe Rush available on them. Please make it compatible and available on Google Play for these phones.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?