Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Audition Remix Added to Premiere Pro

I use the Remix feature in Audition nearly every day, causing me to make the roundtrip from PPro to Audition and back. It's time-consuming. Additionally, if I install the PPro public beta, it breaks the dynamic link to Audition, causing me to have to uninstall PPro, Audition and the beta, then reinstall PPro and Audition to restore the link. If Remix was added to PPro, it would solve both of these problems.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Indeed a very reasonable thing to ask for. We’ll have to look into the interaction model and where to place this inside Premiere Pro, therefore it’s not a “drop-in tech transplant” – as soon as we’ve got something worth discussing or testing, I’ll update the status to this request.

Cheers,
    Patrick

3. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

We do monitor User Voice; we share your disappointment that we don’t have a reproducible case, for this issue.

If you can reliably reproduce the ‘low level exception’ problem, on your system, please contact Support and provide them with any files and source media required for that repro case, as well as (important!) step-by-step instructions on how you can reproduce the issue.

We’re eager to pursue the issue further.

4. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

681 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Arabic Captions

Please Improve the Arabic caption Unicode, there is a dangerous problem in controlling texts in the captions in general especially when the caption is already made and you want to import it's a big broken text and it needs to fix sentence by sentence which takes too much time to just import subtitle and burns it with the video, especially with dots commas and numbers, etc, please it's just wasting working time and cost us money and unnecessary efforts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add real-time rendering

There needs to be an option added to have background real-time rendering enabled for Videos and Effects. It is very annoying to manually render each item, or the whole timeline and wait long minutes (hours) for things to render on high end PC's. Apple's Final Cut Pro offers real-time rendering and makes workflow and playback MUCH easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Video Usage metadata to work across all projects in a Production

The Video Usage metadata doesn't work when working in a Production as the sequences are in a different project to the rushes. It would be great to have a Video Usage metadata read of a clip for all sequences in a production. Appreciate there's a complication that not all projects will be open or it would have to work with open projects only but with multiple editors using the same rushes project it would be super useful to know if a clip has been used and what sequence that was in . . .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,568 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

563 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

10. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

463 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

11. Add Project Bin Set-up template

I have not come across this yet, and don't believe it's an available option.

I start each project the same way with a hierarchy of bin folders to maintain organization.

01 sequences
    02 footage
    03 music
    04 Graphics
    05 dynamic links
    etc.
    I would love to be able to open a new project and automatically launch these bins every production. Can these be added as a custom project start-up. ****, I had that ability with Sony Vegas 10 years ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Burn in Metadata/Markers/Overlay

Hi, I often work with producers remotely. I send stringouts, they respond with selects, and so on. It'd be great to see an option to burn in my overlays (clip timecode, audio timecode, marker text, and whatever else I have selected to display.) in the export. This would be a lot easier for everyone watching to just jog thru footage and jump to sections of the video they want to see based on marker text. not everyone is on premiere so they cannot see the embedded markers. XMP data would also be a great option to include in overlays/burn in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Proxy not working in Productions

[BUG] While working with Productions, proxies only work if footage files are in the same project that your sequence is.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere should assess playability of media on import and ask to transcode if slow

In almost every large documentary project I work on with huge amounts of different media there is always some bad media that causes massive playback issues, which is really frustrating when I need to work quickly.

While I like the fact you don't have to transcode everything to a native format like in Avid, therefore avoiding big and expensive workflows, I do think Premiere should assess all media upon import and tell you if it wont be able to play it back well, and if it can't then it should ask you if you'd like to transcode this media to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Autosave reset if i save manually

Can we have it that, if i save the project the autosave function then resets its timer.

eg, Autosave is set to 10 mins. I happen to manually save the project at the 9 minute mark of this autosave countdown. Instead of it then interrupting my workflow by saving again in 1 minute. Autosave then resets back to 10 minutes and begins its countdown again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

631 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

20. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

As Jim Simon noted, there is already a request for this so certainly upvote that request.

This is an area we are looking into for future versions to make auto-save more reliable and out of the way.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base