Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 10,644 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2590 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

first of all: thanks to all the people who joined in the last two days to vote and comment on this particular item. Please stick around and tell us what else you’d like to see implemented or improved moving forward.

If you were wondering why this post was offline for a couple of hours: it’s because of this quick surge in votes. It triggered a spam filter (and it took me a little while to figure out how to undo this without losing the comments).

Since several people posted in the meantime about Adobe not being interested in your feedback, let me assure you that this is about as far from the reality as it gets. We truly appreciate your candid feedback.

That said, a word of caution: while this item is now at the top due to a person with a good following on Twitter creating awareness,…

2. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

442 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

4. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

5. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

262 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always trying to support a wide range of formats, and this particular format I’ve marked as “under consideration” earlier this year as we hear you loud and clear on the desire to have it supported in our products.

That said, it isn’t in the release available to you today, and I can’t give you an ETA at this stage. Our priority is to make every new format a great fit in terms of workflow, integration and performance, and sometimes that means it isn’t going to happen at an accelerated pace.

6. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  40 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

520 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
    what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
    Patrick

11. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  60 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  23 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  26 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  136 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  bronwynlewis responded

Thanks for your input on how to improve the browser and the details on how you are organizing your Motion Graphics templates.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base