Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9,707 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2378 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

first of all: thanks to all the people who joined in the last two days to vote and comment on this particular item. Please stick around and tell us what else you’d like to see implemented or improved moving forward.

If you were wondering why this post was offline for a couple of hours: it’s because of this quick surge in votes. It triggered a spam filter (and it took me a little while to figure out how to undo this without losing the comments).

Since several people posted in the meantime about Adobe not being interested in your feedback, let me assure you that this is about as far from the reality as it gets. We truly appreciate your candid feedback.

That said, a word of caution: while this item is now at the top due to a person with a good following on Twitter creating awareness,…

• Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

831 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

306 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

987 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always trying to support a wide range of formats, and this particular format I’ve marked as “under consideration” earlier this year as we hear you loud and clear on the desire to have it supported in our products.

That said, it isn’t in the release available to you today, and I can’t give you an ETA at this stage. Our priority is to make every new format a great fit in terms of workflow, integration and performance, and sometimes that means it isn’t going to happen at an accelerated pace.

• Have Premiere Pro warn you if you are starting an export when a clip has the warp stabilizer "warning" across it.

I've found clips with warp stabilizer on them can flip to "needs to be analyzed" for no reason, and that warning getting baked into your exported footage is absurd.

212 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
            FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

215 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Jim Simon noted, there is already a request for this so certainly upvote that request.

This is an area we are looking into for future versions to make auto-save more reliable and out of the way.

• STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

201 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

240 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  34 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

271 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
                    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

199 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  52 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

389 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
                        what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
                        Patrick

• Add Rulers and draggable guides in the program window

Please add rulers and draggable guides to the program window - just like how they exist in photoshop and after effects. Once set the guides could be toggled on and off with a programmable keyboard shortcut.

434 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

115 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

121 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

360 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

254 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea

200 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    Under Review  ·  bronwynlewis responded

Thanks for your input on how to improve the browser and the details on how you are organizing your Motion Graphics templates.

• Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

- Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
                                    - In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
                                    - iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines.
                                    Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)

292 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Wes noted, we are looking at many areas for optimization and have made strides in the last few releases already.

We recognize there are still many areas to improve performance and we are investing in appropriate areas.

Threads that are catch-alls are often non-actionable. Please keep giving us specific feedback on what workflows are slow for you.

Technical solutions may not always be as obvious as some people may be suggesting as the application architecture is often very different than people’s conception.

Short answer. Yes, we want to and will make it faster.

• Copy and paste audio effects between tracks and make custom presets for tracks in the audio mixer.

In most of the times I work with audio effects on a track, not on a clip. There is no way to copy the settings.

192 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  40 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Bug: Premiere Pro 2019 essential graphics > font missing

In Premiere Pro 2019 the font(s) used in self made essential graphics animations are not being honoured and replaced by the system default font, even though the font is recognised by Premiere Pro.

31 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  24 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

70 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
                                            While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base