Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: Audio Device change "pop up" bug.

Creative Cloud just updated and I'm now receiving a continual pop-up window (every couple of minutes) that the Audio Device has changed.

I'm using speakers plugged into the headphone port of my MBP 16" running Catalina.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG : Responsive Design does not work on video layers in graphics panel premiere pro 2019

System: Mac Pro (mid 2012) Mac OS ver 10.13.6 (17G8030)
    Premiere Pro 2019 ver 13.1.2 (Build 9)
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro K5000

Bug: In premiere pro when creating a graphic in the graphics panel and I add responsive design intro and outro durations and then add video layer to the edit panels layers. The text and shape layers have responsive design but the video layer does not.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a problem we could fix relatively easily if we can get it to happen internally. But looking at your screenshot and your description, there is some missing info. Specifically:

(1) I can see the into / outro values in the EGP for your selected Graphic. But that does not tell me what about your motion design is not happening for the clip layer, but is happening for your shape and text layer.

(2) You mentioned “add video layer to the edit panels layers”. I assume you mean drag and drop a video clip from Project Panel to the Essential Graphics Panel’s layer stack, correct? Also, is it necessary to drop the video clip into the Layers pane AFTER you’ve added Into /Outro values to the whole Graphic?

(3) Any other steps you did that might help me repro the problem too?

3. Auto-display properties of the top most layer in the Essential Graphics panel when selecting a clip

Whenever I select a graphic clip to edit in the Essential Graphics panel I have to click to select it in the panel before I can see any of the properties. I understand that this is so I can choose to select different layers within the Essential Graphics panel — but PLEASE just have it automatically display the properties of the top most layer.

Most of the time those graphics will only have one layer (e.g. a text overlay), so that empty intermediary panel requiring an extra click to select it is redundant.

If I AM using the layers feature…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback to us. We appreciate that effort, so we try to read and evaluate all of our users’ requests.

Selected Graphics (e.g. the Graphic track item in the Timeline) have their own properties for Transform, Responsive Design – Time, and Roll. These are things that happen to the whole Graphic and are different from any Layer properties. So if we show the top Layer properties right away then there won’t be a way to see or use these whole-Graphic properties. If you are seeing an empty EGP > Edit tab with a Graphic selected, then that is a bug we need to try to repro and fix. The only time the Edit tab should be blank is when no Graphic is selected in the Timeline.

Also, relatively few of our Factory or Stock mogrts (as well as custom ones I’ve made…

4. Master Graphic properties cannot be edited in ECP

If you create a graphic using the graphics dropdown menu, and then upgrade it to a master graphic, it can no longer be edited using the Effect controls window and only in the Essential graphics window if you drag it onto the timeline.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Pro produces a 90% size image when video clip is transferred from import to timeline

I processed the same video clip in another package (FILMORA) and there was no size distortion.

I downloaded an earlier version of Premiere Pro and there was no difference in imported video clip and timeline size in the upper right panel.

I, therefore concluded that the recent upgraded Premiere Pro had a "bug."

Your comments, Please

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make essential graphics title icon invisible

Can you please make the essential graphics icon invisible if one hasn't actually entered text into it? I guarantee you, no one wants that little grey A symbol thing as part of their video. Sometimes I click in the program monitor to select it, and unwittingly I add this little icon to my image. It's not necessary, you can just have the blue box appear when we click into the screen and if nothing is entered, that doesn't show up inadvertently on screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to align text within a text box (not just aligning the box itself)

Currently in EG text boxes can be aligned within the sequence area. I have run into time where I am trying to center text within the top half or bottom half of the screen. Since there are no guides in Premiere, the easiest thing would be to make the text box the size of the area you want to center the text, and center the text within that box. Or align to the bottom, or whatever is needed. Adding the ability to create guides would solve this issue, but one should also have basic text control within the text box…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MOGRTS don't always show up in the Essential Graphics Panel. Can this be fixed?

Fix the Mogrts import feature. It's not working all the time. I've run into this a couple of times. It imports and does not show up. If I try to import again, it says "Overwrite?"
    Windows 10 CC2018
    I've got a ton in my panel, but sometimes I'll run into some that won't import

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  14 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to copy effects on essential graphic clips

Right now if I copy an effect and paste it on another EG the type and words and everything else pastes. not only the effect.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug report: Team Project Markers disappear if loaded into source monitor

I was working in a team project and had marked a sequence.

When I drag that sequence into the source monitor all of the markers disappear in the source monitor AND on the sequence.

Here's where it gets even weirder - when everyone attached to the project has shared and accepted the latest changes, the markers still exist on the sequence for everybody EXCEPT me.

My team has duplicated this multiple times now - and each time the user who drags the sequence into the source monitor permanently deletes the markers at the source and sequence level, but not for…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Essential Sound Ducking: Keyframe Generation taking unreasonable amount of time

Audio keyframe generation takes around 15 minutes for a 25 minute long program.
    Trying to change audio gain while this is happening brings up the "Calculating Audio Peaks" window with an immobile progress bar, which doesn't move until the keyframes are generated, which leads me to believe this is an issue on the level of Audio Peak generation.

Have tried reducing project size, removing unused clips and files, clearing media cache and changing its location to an nvme ssd. Nothing helps.

Latest premiere pro update (12,1,1 build 10), on mac OS Sierra, Mac Pro late 2013 with no shortage of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released an update (12.1.2) that has a number of fixes incl. an update to the generation of keyframes for audio ducking. Further info is available here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

It would be great to check if this updates also covers the issue you were facing. If not, it would be great if one of our engineers could get in touch with you to take a closer look at your project, settings etc.

Thanks
    Patrick

13. Snap in Program Monitor

While moving a clip in Program Monitor, snap in the border of the Program Monitor. Also snap in the border of other clips that are in the same place.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selecting Title graphics crash PP

The only way to use title graphics in PP now is for me to create the title effect then immediately nest and render it. Otherwise, the program crashes the moment the title graphic clip is selected.

Please fix this bug.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Essential Graphics template, Quote Box, not accepting text

Hello,

I hope that this reaches the right people at Adobe.

The template 'Quote Box' in Essential Graphics appears to have a bug and is not accepting text for the main text box.

The 'author' text input works perfectly but the main window does not accept typed text or text that has been copied and pasted.

Clicking 'Align Right Text' brings up the user text but it is right justified. Trying to rectify this by clicking 'Align Text Center' or 'Align Text Left' brings new problems displaying the template.

Please fix.

Thanks in advance

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere Pro 2019 support for Apple Pro Res Codec

Premiere Pro 2019 does not support Apple Pro Res and cannot play clips in the codec. 2018 Technically doesn't either, but I was told only half the user experience issue with Pro Res.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. opacity mask cuts too much off when gpu active

Since the last update, opacity mask cuts off the sides of the picture before I even do anything, and then cuts off too much if I try to use any mask. This does not occur when I turn the GPU off in the project, but that is unfeasible because the layers will not play properly without it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Essential Graphics from AE in French doesn't work correctly on PP in US languages

Hello,
    we have a problem with some "attribute/action/script" created by After Effect in French and imported in Premiere Pro in US languages...

It's existing in the 2017 AND 2018 version !

If we create the same in US language for all application, every thing worked correctly...
    If we create the same in US language for AE and import after in Premiere, every thing seems to be work correctly also...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable.

Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team projects crashes when literally doing nothing

I use team projects on a fully speced out PC (Ryzan 1800, Geforce1070, 32GB Ram, SSD, 10 RAID) and Laptop (Intel i7 4702MQ, Geforce 765m,16GB Ram, SSD, 7200rpm Harddisk) and on both Devices the program crashes very often when it is left untouched for a while (e.g. when going for lunch for about an hour).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base