Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

2. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. h264 NAS

Bug report: After upgrading to Premiere v15, exporting an H264 file from either Premiere or Media Encoder to my NAS creates a file which the program claims exported successfully, but actually creates a glitched file. At some point in the file, the audio will drop out, and the video will freeze on a single frame, which will remain on screen for the rest of the duration.

Exporting a quicktime file to my NAS doesn't cause this problem, and exporting an H264 file to my internal harddrive doesn't cause this problem, so there's only an issue with the combination of encoding…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  22 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

6. Premiere Pro - RAM Filling up until computer crashes

I'm posting a new topic for this issue as the other 5-page thread isn't getting any replies from Adobe Support no more and this serious issue is impacting my work enourmously.

My Adobe premiere auto-updated to the latest 2021 version 15.2 and the **** started again :

As soon as I open Premiere my RAM starts to gain more and more every minute one GB Ram is added, without even having any footage in my timeline. After a while my computer freezes completely with the RAM filled up over my maximum amount (for example the activity monitor says that Premiere…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back DV importing on Mac

Bring back DV importing on Mac

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set a custom thumbnail preview for videos

It is very surprising that Adobe has not made a custom video thumbnail option standard in Premiere pro.
    It should at the very least be the first frame not a random spot in the video. This is very disappointing and an obvious over sight.
    Please fix.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug report

I am new to working on PP and am using a new MacBook Pro, purchased 10 months ago. After a few hours of editing, PP has begun crashing my computer. Suddenly, every 5 minutes while editing, my computer just shuts off. Not sure what to do. It’s never happened before or with other editing software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Timeline clip label colors disappear when changing to list view in Project Panel

Here is a new bug I am dealing with today. I am editing a multicam sequence and during the process I have used clip label colors to organize sections of the edit. In the project panel if I switch from icon view to list view all these labels disappear and the whole timeline reverts to the multicam clip's default label color. Reverting back to icon view does not restore my clip label colors. I have attached a video showing this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of PPro are you running?

We’ve tried, but haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior.

It seems like what happens during a “sideways sync” (changes made in one open Productions project, being reflected into other open Productions projects); there is a slight delay while the update takes place.

Also, could be related to the new label colors feature..but switching from icon to list view shouldn’t impact that.

If you toggle the “Show Source Clip Name and Label” item in PPro’s timeline wrench menu, does it restore their label colors?

11. When importing AVCHD files in Mac OSX...Premiere needs create unique MTS filenames

When importing AVCHD files from different recording sessions but part of a same project when .MTS files are dragged into a timeline and multiple timelines from different recording sessions are open at the same time...audio playback from other .MTS files in other timelines occur. This most likely happens because every .MTS is labelled with a generic number 00001.MTS. It could possibly be that Adobe Premiere has the ability to catalogue and continuously keep things organized...but when it sees multiple files with the same numbering system it's not hard to imagine it getting confused even thought the clips are in separate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have an AVCHD camera, that follows that naming convention; agreed, tedious.

Renaming source media files on import can cause problems with lots of formats, and is a behavior PPro avoids, whenever possible.

PPro can differentiate between files with identical names, based on their paths. But you’re right, this isn’t very obvious in the project panel (unless you’ve already set up the project panel to show paths).

Would your suggestion be to append the date/time to the project item name, associated with 00001.MTS files?

12. The outpoints are not on frame since the lates update. So every Outpoint needs manual adjustment. Why?

My Idea is that you please change it to the proper settings. It kills my workflow, having to reset the outpoints after Hotkey-Input manually. It's always 1 frame off..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add premiere pro projects to AME watch folders to encode sequences in project

utilize AME watch folder to encode several projects on a shared network environment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ultra key playback

You can't playback any changes you've made with ultra key without first rendering the footage in the timeline. This is unacceptable. It used to not be this way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Caption Issues

Hi - the 2021 update for premiere wiped out all my captions from my hundreds of existing timelines. At this point I’d like to go back to the 2020 software but how can I find and restore the “team” project files from before the software update? This is a huge issue for us as we have invested hundreds of hours in building our captionS workflow. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[Pido disculpas por cualquier problema con la traducción]

Estaremos encantados de ayudarle, si puede proporcionar más detalles.

¿Hay formas de reproducir los problemas de forma fiable?
    ¿Qué pasos seguiremos para reproducirlos?

18. bug report

Since version 14.9 projects will not open with my 2nd monitor plugged in. The clock and mac's spinning pinwheel will spin forever until I force quit Premiere. I always have to unplug my 2nd monitor's HDMI cable in order to open a project. When it is open, I can switch mercury transmit off and on again and the 2nd monitor works fine. So I found my workaround, but it is pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have files saved in the same folder as you store the project

Why does premiere pro save files to prior working directories? When you save the project everything should go into that folder or subdirectories for that folder. Not to some project that you worked on 3 weeks ago. When you export a video, the default should be that folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you suggesting that the media exported from a project, should by default be saved next to that project?

PPro maintains different lists of recently-used folders, for different tasks. Projects get defaulted to the last project save location, exported media gets defaulted to the most recent export location.

20. Tangent element causes MultiCam bug

I was experiencing consistent hang/crash when in multicam mode and toggling between camera angles. Troubleshooted w/ Adobe phone support...clearing preference files solved the issue. However when I re-added the tangent control surface in preferences, the crashes resumed. I am confident there is a bug related to Tangent control surface and multicam mode. Tangent added...premiere crashes. Tangent removed...no crashes!

Windows 10. Crashes in 14.6, 14.7 and 14.8. Tested both Software only and CUDA.

See closed case ADB-17566644-J5S9 for more info

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base