Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

2. Have files saved in the same folder as you store the project

Why does premiere pro save files to prior working directories? When you save the project everything should go into that folder or subdirectories for that folder. Not to some project that you worked on 3 weeks ago. When you export a video, the default should be that folder.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you suggesting that the media exported from a project, should by default be saved next to that project?

PPro maintains different lists of recently-used folders, for different tasks. Projects get defaulted to the last project save location, exported media gets defaulted to the most recent export location.

3. Set a custom thumbnail preview for videos

It is very surprising that Adobe has not made a custom video thumbnail option standard in Premiere pro.
    It should at the very least be the first frame not a random spot in the video. This is very disappointing and an obvious over sight.
    Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blackmagic BRAW locks up Premiere Pro 14.4.0

When a Blackmagic Design BRAW clip is loaded into the preview monitor and in the "Effect Controls" tab, you switch to "master" to manipulate the BRAW controls everything works fine.
    However, when you have a BRAW clip in the timline and you try to click on the "master" to adjust the BRAW settings, it locks up Premiere every time.
    i7-6800K
    32GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX1080 Driver 452.06

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting new PP

I can't edit anything in Premiere Pro after updating to 22.0, even reverting back to old version does not fix. All video only plays as audio.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PPro 22.0 won’t ship for a few years; we recently released 14.5. :)

From what previous version did you upgrade? The ‘video plays as audio’ sounds like it might be the result of OS-level changes to codec support; what format, and codec, are the failing files? [Do all video files just play audio?]

6. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pull up and Pull down for Transmit

Playback options should include the option to pull up (from fractional to non-fractional frame rates) or pull down (from non-fractional to fractional frame rates) for display in transmit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere Pro and Blackmagic Capture Issue

Using MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.6. Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle

Since upgrading to PPro 2020, I find that the capture window is restricted to the lower left quarter of the window. Attempting to change the capture settings causes PPro 2020 to crash. There is no similar problem with Blackmagic's Media Express application. So I think something awry within PPro.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Not able to click and drag files around project window when using Production feature

Sometimes when I open up projects using the Production window I am not able to drag files around in the now open project window. The only way to get the dragging back is to restart premier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Eliminate Re-Conforming Files

Premiere Pro constantly performs and redoes "conforming" of files each time a project is opened. The same files are redone each time.

This seems to happen most often with MP3 files.

Rather than re-doing the same work on the same files each time, Premiere should save these conforms so they can be referred to rather than redone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Normally, each file is conformed only once, and conform files persist across sessions.

Is the media perhaps on a file server, whose clock is not synchronized to the edit system? That’s one common cause of reconforming.

11. 14.3.0 BETA makes my CPU fan run at full speed.

With the 14.3.0 beta once my CPU fan hit full speed it stays there. Closing Premiere Pro 14.3.0 does not help. I have to reboot my computer. Adobe 14.0 does not do it nor does DaVinci Resolve.

I have an i9 9900K
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Gigabyte Motherboard.
    32 GB of RAM

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG changing audio hardware preferences does not change audio hardware used.

Changing from ASIO from the decklink to MME from the computer audio out put does not change the audio output. It works in After Effects but not Premiere. latest CC updates. Asus ws8 mobo. decklink 4k Extreme 12g. Premiere is not happy in this release at all

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG report version 14.4.0

1. Loose control over playback after playing video clip in reverse.

2. Premiere "not responding" after adding Red Giant Denoiser III on top of Lumetri

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dynamic Link is BROKEN in ALL versions of CC2020

Dynamic link between After Effects and Premiere 2020 is BROKEN in all versions.
    ALL of my work is dependent upon this link working and now I am at a standstill.
    THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
    Here is a just a small bit from the console in Premiere:
    <17064> <dvacore.StructuredLogging> <4> We have timed out on an async source. This probably shouldn't happen and will result in performance problems, media: "afib-part1/heart-super-animation-for-AFIB.aep", frame: 29
    <17064> <dvacore.StructuredLogging> <4> We have timed out on an async source. This probably shouldn't happen and will result in performance problems, media: "afib-part1/heart-super-animation-for-AFIB.aep", frame: 1680
    <11292> <DynamicLinkMedia> <0>…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happily, most users aren’t having that issue.
    Perhaps the source media for afib-part1/heart-super-animation-for-AFIB.aep is unavailable? If the logs you’ve provided aren’t truncated, it seems like only a few frames are affected. Is something potentially interfering with access to the source media?

15. Premiere eats all RAM and processing power, more than its limited to in settings. 2019-2020.

I'm sure it's posted here often but want to make sure this is a primary focus for Adobe. Premiere 2019/2020 devours all RAM on my system (32GB, Mac, 10.14.6), even when it's supposed to be limited to X amount of allotted RAM. Leaving RAM for other applications does nothing and it completely takes over my computer. What is Premiere doing in the background that it takes all my machine's memory and power to process? Can we see these background processes? This happens every single time Premiere is opened even if it's the same project. What is happening? Please immediately fix…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s some strange behavior!
    What setting are you using (in PPro Prefs —> Memory), for “RAM reserved for other applications”?
    What other applications are running?
    Do you have any third party extensions or plug-ins installed, and in use?
    About “a normal quit takes up to 20 minutes before the program actually closes”: During that time, PPro is properly releasing all the memory it used during the session. The fact that it’s taking that long suggests a problem with the actual memory, and/or some additional software interacting/interfering with PPro.

16. Export Frame is a different brightness in Premiere 2020

In Premiere 2020, when you export a frame from the timeline it is a different brightness/grade to the original (lighter). You see the jump when you put it back into the timeline.
    I use this feature all the time and it has never been a problem in any of the previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug Report: Auto ducking not generating key frames correctly

Since updating to premier pro 2020 (windows) from 2019 I have experienced the same problem at random in every project I've created.

I create simple projects with a voice over, and a music track and use the auto ducking feature as intended.

I am finding randomly half way through every project I will encounter a point where generating key frames for the background music will ignore the voiceover track. Typically this means it just doesn't duck no matter what you do.
    I have tried deleting and re-importing the media to no effect.
    It will only be one random clip or…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stabiliy

Hey Fellows, what's going on with the last Premiere Pro-Updates? It's very unstable!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DO NOT USE YET 14.3--> Catalina 10.15.5 Crashing with fresh install...

After almost 18 hours of troubleshoothing came to the conclusion that the latest update to premiere pro 14.3 is VERY buggy with the latest Catalina 10.15.5 update. DO NOT USE YET

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio Bugs in Premiere 2020

There is no audio playback within Premier. After resetting the playback settings and using the Adobe Desktop Audio, the sound was back. New project and it's back to no sound whatsoever. Doesn't matter what I change, I cannot get audio inside of premier to play. All other Audio works. WHY DO THE"Y HAVE TO CALL IT ADOBE DESKTOP AUDIO?????? Just use the System Audio!

When audio is working, the audio is completely out of sync from the video file. Video and waveform lines up correctly and is NOT seperated, but video plays back way waster than the audio.

Da Vinci…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base