Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the new design.  I get it, change is hard, and this is a big change.  But I want to know what settings you need to adjust every time you export rather than saving a preset. We will not be going back to the old design or giving that as an option, so lets work together to get this new design working for everyone.  

2. Premiere Pro 22.3 Build 121

Please give us this option... Preferences, General, turn off workflow breaking, stupid, totally unnecessary features.

I mean, really - who are you implementing this for, complete dummies? This is insulting. Give us the option to turn this **** off and get back to completing our projects. You're so big about talking up workflow, workflow, workflow, and then in one incremental update you break everything and make us go searching around this totally ******, redesigned, hodgepodge for stuff that we do day-in and day-out. If it's this much trouble to figure out, I might as well put the work in and…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Franco, 

Sounds like you're really steamed about our update! I'm sorry you don't like it. Could you give me a little more information on what you don't like? Software is never done and we already have a variety of tweaks in the pipeline for the latest update. Perhaps your suggestion is already on our list or perhaps you'll give us a new idea. 

I'd appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks,

Fergus Hammond

Product Manager, Premiere Pro. 

3. Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

If autosave is performed while using the text tool...

・The text being converted will be reset and you will have to retype it.

・It crashes. (Crashes, freezes.)

Premiere Pro 22.2

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると、Premiere Proがクラッシュする。

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると・・・

・変換中のテキストがリセットされ、入力し直さなければならなくなる。

・クラッシュする。(フリーズする。)

Premiere Pro 22.2

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We believe this problem may have already been fixed in recent Beta builds. If possible, please use the latest Beta build of Pr 22.3 105 or higher and let us know if this crash is fixed for you or not. Thank you.

この不具合に関連した修正が最新のベータビルドに搭載されています。22.3 105以降のビルドでこの現象が改善される事があります。改善が見られない場合はお知らせ下さい。

4. new export screen

The new export interface with 22.3.0 build 121 doesn't allow me to see previous versions of exports in a folder, only pick a target folder. This is extremely irritating because I export multiple versions of many videos each day and don't want to go to each folder outside premiere to see what version I'm exporting so I can name it correctly. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don't quite understand what you're describing. If you click the Location link in Export, you'll see the folder you're exporting to and you'll see the files. 

However, I'm wondering if the issue you're describing is this: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45034867-new-export-tab-is-not-efficient-for-batch-exports

Can you let me know? 

Regards,

Fergus

5. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

7. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mogrts stuck in pending and cannot re-import

When trying to browse and bring it back into timeline Premiere gets stuck at a certain percent. Canceling does not work and the only way to get back to work is to force close Premiere and open the project again, where the problem keeps happening.

This has happened on multiple projects now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. h264 NAS

Bug report: After upgrading to Premiere v15, exporting an H264 file from either Premiere or Media Encoder to my NAS creates a file which the program claims exported successfully, but actually creates a glitched file. At some point in the file, the audio will drop out, and the video will freeze on a single frame, which will remain on screen for the rest of the duration.

Exporting a quicktime file to my NAS doesn't cause this problem, and exporting an H264 file to my internal harddrive doesn't cause this problem, so there's only an issue with the combination of encoding…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  38 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Premiere V22.2

Ok. So. There is a Problem with Premiere V22.2 the M1 Max Chip and the Apple ProRes codec.
    I'm using the new M1 Max chip with Premiere and it will not render the Pro Res completely. There is banding which ruins skin tones and sky gradients. The only way to make it work is to open up with the Rosetta option and turn off the GPU acceleration which completely kills any sort of work efficiency. It basically makes working with ProRes impossible. This issue does not happen with other codecs or with if i'm still using the macs with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better QA by Adobe Team

Adobe QA and recycle cycles are abysmal. 22.3 for Premier launched and my export completely failed. Rolled back to 22.2 and everything works perfectly. This is an example of poor and unacceptable QA. I'm rednering to local drives on a state of the art machine and if a simple render hangs without an error causing me to terminate the app, that is poor QA.

Adobe, please stop adding features until you can have some software that is stable for longer than one point release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug Report: Premiere Pro 22.2 Canon Cinema RAW Light Audio Playback Issues

When playing back canon cinema RAW light footage from my C200 the audio will drop out after 4 seconds while the video keeps playing. Then when I start stop the audio will start playing again before dropping out. The audio meter also drops out. When pairing the clip with separate audio it works fine. But even unlinking audio from the camera this doesn't help the issue. Anytime the audio from the camera is paired with the clip I see the same issue. Makes it impossible to playback clips to watch and review unfortunately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cody, 

Can you tell me a few things about your setup? 

1. What operation system & version are you using? 
    2. What version of Premiere Pro? 
    3. What frame rate is the video from your C200? 
    4. Is this a new problem; have you previously been able to use C200 media successfully? 

C200 media is playing fine on my computer so it would be good to get some more info from you. 

Regards,

Fergus

14. It would be great to have a "reveal in productions button" for projects in a production.

Right now there are options for "reveal in project" and "reveal project in finder" and it would be really helpful to have an option to reveal a project in the production window. This could really help with big productions when there are a lot of projects across a lot of bins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. M1 Max Chip Macbook Pro GPU Acceleration

ISSUE with graphics that has alpha channel on the M1 max chip macbook pro when GPU acceleration is turned on. Everything looks fine when turned off but rendering this will take ages. The final export file size seems to be smaller than usual and tend to have glitches.

(2nd pic shows the issue with the graphics, 1st shows how it should look like)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text order changes when using hyphens in number sequences

When adding text elements, if you have a number sequence which contains hyphens, it changes the text direction of the numbers that follow on from the hyphen.7-8 becomes 8-7.

This happens with numbers that are both copied into the text field, or directly typed. Words are fine, as are numbers followed by a hyphen and then letters.

Premiere Pro 22.3.1
    Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Motion graphic template Import Error in PPro version 22.2

Screenshot attached. Both premiere and After effects are installed, yet not been able to import the MOGRT template made in after effects cc 2021, which worked flawlessly with Premiere pro cc 2021. But on the contrary, it does get imported once in 10 times... Don't really know what is going on with it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make AAF include video edits not just a mixdown track

On AAF export settings there is only an option to export a mixed down video track. Can the export be extended to allow for consolidated clips with handles be built for each video edit in the sequence.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Essential Graphics bug—Group contents are not rendered

In PP2022, any layers I add to a "Group" in Essential Graphics disappears. They cannot be seen again until I drag them out of the group. (The group IS marked visible in the panel) This problem seems to exist both in old projects and when I create brand new layers and groups and drag the layers into the groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Solve th HLG color grading issue with Premiere Pro 2022

Hi, HLG color management in Premiere Pro 2022 is a mess. After spending hours trying to fix it, I contacted the support, I spent 2h with one of your tech guys, and poor him, he couldn't help. Please fix this color grading issue ASAP, because we professionals NEED a reliable, constant software to work with!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?