Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

281 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback. Please submit individual issues in the appropriate area – in this case: Closed Captions. Having a catch-all thread is not actionable for the team.

We will respond to individual requests as appropriate. Thank you

2. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 👋 MAKE THIS MORE STABLE.

Is this a professional software or what is this? I am just a little private youtuber. However, editing my little 7 Minute video, premiere has crashed 3! times and my video is not even done yet!

How are people supposed to create full cinema movies with constant crashes?

I am sorry, I know this is not actionable. But I am one more voice amongst many others complaining about stability. So please, do something about this :)

101 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As noted in my last post, please submit specific issues about instability you may be encountering on separate threads. Please be specific.

Include steps, machine configuration including drivers (and/or 3rd party plugins, etc).

We appreciate you taking the time to engage with us.

4. Stop introducing new features until you fix the current versions of Premiere Pro.

Give up developing new features until you actually get the existing applications to work reliably. In particular Premiere Pro.

75 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I completely understand the sentiment, this forum is all about making one request at a time, whether it’s for a feature or a bug fix – otherwise it’s not actionable for the team.

Please come back and vote for the things that you’d like to see next or start a new conversation about a specific item that’s top if mind for you.

On a related note, we just released an update that’s all about addressing issues mentioned on User Voice and other forums, a full list of fixes can be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Patrick

5. Focus on making Premiere Pro a stable software.

Premiere Pro becomes less and less stable to work with. 2019 has seen the worst versions so far. It's already a running joke with EVERY single filmmaker I meet.

It's buggy, lagging and keeps crashing and wasting the time I should spend working for my client rather than trying to fix all kinds of things with crazy work-around solutions other Adobe customers come up with.

I'm dreaming of the day Premiere Pro is as stable as Photoshop but I guess I will have switched to DaVinci Resolve before that happens.

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Since the CC 2019 update, Premiere randomly crashes several times a day.

I've been at work for about an hour and fifteen minutes today, and Premiere has crashed three times so far. I'm not asking a lot of the program, I'm just doing the workflow I've been doing for the last month. This is now worse than Final Cut Pro was when I switched to Premiere a decade ago. What am I gonna do now, switch to Vegas?

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Wes noted, there are some actions people can take to troubleshoot.

Of course, if you are still encountering specific crashes, feel free to report them with specific steps on how to reproduce them. Posts that say the app crashes aren’t actionable by the team especially when the thread describes multiple scenarios.

Crash logs are helpful especially in combination with reproducible steps and system information.

7. Actually listen and implement the ideas here

Many of us find that the forums and feature request pages go unheeded for years, if ever. Thanks for this voting system as a central place to share.

Now please start taking notice to what we actually need/want!! :)

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As much as we appreciate the sentiment, it doesn’t help us to create focus for things to pick up next if all you’ve got to say is that we should take action. We do!

Please come back and create or vote for single items that are clearly defined and actionable.

Thanks
    Patrick

8. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. So Many Problems with 12.1.1

I haven't had this many issues with Premiere since CS6. This update is simply awful and needs fixing fast!

1. The font issue. Invalid fonts? Should have been fixed with the first complaints months ago.

2. Rendering stalls out and you need to force quit. Re-open and render again - no problem. This shouldn't happen.

3. When opening sequences, sometimes the track are all muted (even though the mute button isn't on). The only fix for this is to solo a track and then un-solo it and it works. But if you open a sequence and export it while tracks are invisibly muted,…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 14.0.1 Fails to Encode videos...

Both Premiere and Media Encoder versions 14.0.1 fail to encode/export videos. Temp workaround is to downgrade Media Encoder to 14.0.0 and use that for exporting. This needs immediate fixing!

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  33 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Roll back to previous version

Adobe needs to implement a roll back feature that simplifies rolling back when an update goes wrong like the new one just rolled out. I'm dead in the water, have hours of video to edit, but PP is useless at this point even though I'm paying for something I can not use. At this point I've lost 5 hours or more of editing time that I will never get back and never get paid for and I have no clue as to when Adobe will fix the problems. This is absolutely unacceptable!

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to fix premiere pro cc 2019 crashes when exporting?

When i export clip, premiere pro always crash??

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We believe that Premiere Pro crashed, but without source media and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the failure, there’s nothing we can do with these reports.

If you can reproduce the behavior in current versions of PPro, please contact Support and provide files and steps.

15. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MAKE YOUR PROGRAM STABLE!! WE'RE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR A PROGRAM THAT CRASHES NONSTOP

Who cares if this is not "actionable." Adobe, do you see how many requests you're getting to make Premiere stable? Even Philip Bloom called you out. It crashes constantly and for no apparent reason. Either stop charging us money for your bad programming or use our money to make your program better

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We continue to address issues reported here on User Voice, and as that’s the only way to keep the conversation productive, I will indeed have to close this general statement as non-actionable. I’d like to encourage you to report on issues that you run into and enter single, actionable items instead.

Having that said, I hear you. We are taking action to address performance and quality issues and will continue to do so. A list of issues addressed with 12.1.2 is available here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/ua/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Issues addressed with 13.x:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

As for comments on standardised hardware: we just added a couple of lines to the system requirements to show you what’s recommended vs. what’s the minimum:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

This is a general statement for general purpose work – the higher you go on resolution, the more you use mixed input formats and not a dedicated format for ingest or proxies, the more…

17. what is the official standpoint on multithreading / multicore?

i just had contact with support regarding super slow rendering times – they referred me here.
    i convert an h264 to a cropped png sequence, no effects applied (except the cropping).
    if i do this in premiere or ae, it takes at least 2 hours and only utilises a fraction of my cpu. if i do the very same operation via ffmpeg (cli), it's done in less then 7 minutes. attached you'll find screenshots of the two procedures, note the render times (as said, same task, same machine, same result).

is this expected behaviour (because cc simply does not work…

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix whatever makes Premiere randomly crash constantly

SO sick of Premiere crashing. It is seemingly random so I cannot give any specific reasons.
    Sometimes I haven't touched anything and the whole thing just closes (doesn't freeze, just disappears as if the program isn't open).
    Sometimes it freezes while just hitting the space bar, sometimes when I save it crashes ie. it doesn't save and I lose everything!

As of the last update it hasn't been saving properly either (I have autosave set to 10mins but also manually do it constantly) so I have lost hours of work and a whole head of hair. It's doing my head…

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. making good omf and aaf perhaps

help me export sound for pro tools

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premiere Pro shuts off without warning (13.0.1)

After updating to the newest version (13.0.1) it happens once a while, that Premiere Pro shuts off without warning, error message or anything similar. It happens at any time (like playback), it is NOT connected to any heavy processing. It is very annoying. Maybe it happens when it wants to do auto-save but I am not sure about it (but I am sure, that when it happens my last auto save is very long time ago...)

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base