Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

561 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

237 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to let everyone know that today’s Premiere Pro update enables automatic audio device switching on MacOS. Choose the “System Default” sound device under Audio Hardware preferences and Premiere will automatically use whichever audio device MacOS is using.

2. Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio

Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio playback

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  31 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Audio effect settings being reset when duplicating sequence

When duplicating a sequence, some of my audio effects settings, typically my compressor (usually this is a single-band compressor), has its settings reset.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially when other editors need to jump into a project, and suddenly the sound is messed up.

1. Set up a compressor on your Bus Track.

2. Adjust settings of compressor to suit audio

3. Duplicate sequence

4. Marvel as all of your settings are intermittently reset

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove/Merge duplicate clips

Often through importing sequences from other projects you find yourself with two identical clips in your project. Some way to merge these two identical clips into one clip would be outstanding and help keep projects from getting messy.

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio Hardware to recognise headphones automatically

Audio Hardware doesn't automatically recognise my headphones. Everytime i have to unplug and plug back in I have to manually change the settings to headphones. This is a pain when working in an envoirnment constant change is required.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mogrt Responsive Design Time bug

The Setting: I am a motion designer that has made a Mogrt template in After Effects for an Editor to use on long form content in Premiere. in AE, I animated an Intro and Outro for the template and created protected regions around the keyframes and the beginning and end of the comp. At first it was working as intended: when the Editor uses the template in Pr, he can lengthen and shorten the template as necessary without effecting the intro and outro animations.

The Problem: The Editor has found over time, when revisiting the project file, or even letting…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update 2020:
    Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

7. Edit text in Essential Graphics panel

Would be great If I could just double click on the text in the "Essential Graphics" panel and change the text there instead of trying to select it in the Program Monitor.

If the text is really small or have like 10% opacity it takes a lot of extra time, trying to zoom in the Program Monitor, change to the type tool and then select the text.

(Also, sometimes I accidentally move it in the Program Monitor when trying to select it.)

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of PrPro CC 2020 (14.0), you can double click on a Text Layer in the EGP and the whole string will become text-editable in the Program Mon (PM). So you can just type new characters in that way without having to locate your text in the PM.

Also, there is a keyboard shortcut. Press Opt + Cmd + ’ (mac) or Ctrl + Alt + ’ (win) and your selected text layer will become highlighted for edit.

Finally, for shapes and clip layers, you can now click on the layer name in the EGP Layers pane and edit the name inline there.

This may not be exactly the feature you had in mind, but as you can see, there are some good new options for changing source text and layer names from right inside the EGP.

8. Dynamic link live text broken in 14.0.1

The update to PPro 14.0.1 has broken the ability to edit live text in dynamically linked AE clips within Premiere. Video of the bug attached.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Y’all!

I’ve been sitting on the news of this fix with bated breath for what feels like an eternity. We’ve gone live with the latest release of Premiere Pro version 14.0.2 and Live Text Template workflows are back in action!

Apologies for the disruption in your workflows and thanks so much for your patience!
    Dacia

9. 16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you go to Preferences > Labels, click in the name text field and you can change to any name for each label. If you click on the color rectangle (to the right of the name text field), it will bring up the Color Picker dialog where you can set a custom color.

11. Premiere 13 has incorrect timecode for Sony a7sII clips

Premiere 13 has been exporting broken XMLs that don't work in Premiere 12 or Resolve. I finally figured out why: look at the source window monitor on the left (Premiere 12) and on the right (Premiere 13). 10 seconds and some frames off. Resolve lines up with Premiere 12's timecode.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better support for files with closed captions

Closed captions in mxf files generated from other systems do not import into Premiere. No caption stream is present on import although captions show up in other applications. Thread addressing the issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2541515. Files with sample mxf and media info: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ildad31v6y5g0xh/AAC2186Hku-jQ4wsJk2FX7Tta?dl=0

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We need a way to mass edit captions/subtitles!

We need a way to be able to edit ALL lines from an imported .srt file at the same time...

like formatting the background, font, size, placement... all at the same time.
    (As opposed to currently where we need to do one line at a time)

Depending on the change needed and the talking speed of the speaker... It takes at least 30s-90s per minute of video to edit them one line at time...

which is a huge waste of time!

Please implement this functionality... it's should be too hard to fix from a software engineering point of view.

and…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug report: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

I just tried to import a file PM4 file from my Xiaomi Yi 4K+ and I am getting this nasty error: File Import Failure. The importer reported a generic error. ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) and ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    I am using PC Windows 10 Pro. However, I have another laptop running the previous version of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and there works fine. Please fix that nasty bug!!! I cannot use my files on the main PC!!!

I am including test video file and 2 screenshots. Try this footage as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gud6tbatwad0vl8/YI024701.mp4?dl=0

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Premiere Pro Color mangement is needed to fix P3 iMac Pro / 5K monitors export color issues.

We need P3 monitor color management support. This is a known problem, Everyone who's bought an iMac Pro or iMac with P3 display has run into this issue after export making premiere almost unbearable to grade or even just do basic color correction in. When will Adobe address this issue, with out telling everyone to buy a $6,000 monitor or add an adjustment layer?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. after exiting premiere MoGRT with responsive design-time won't store the retime

When you stretch the MoGRT with responsive design-time save and reopen the project it won't store the retimed data correctly instead the end animation would be cut off or lost somewhere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

Cheers,
    Dacia

17. Bug Report for Dynamic Linking with Mac OS Catalina

In Premiere Pro, I click on Edit Sequence in Audition, the av clips do not send to Audition. And in Audition when I export and want to open in Premiere, the clips do not send. This just started happening. It may have been right after I upgraded Mac OS to Catalina.

I also just tried to Replace with Adobe AE composition and it gave me a pop up that stated "Failed to connect to Adobe After Effects Dynamic Link".

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mogrts with protected regions created in AE are sometimes "cut off" when changed in PrPro

I have mogrts in FHD 25fps in AE and the sequence in Prpro is also FHD 25fps. Hmm.
    Ok, so what happens is that when I apply them in the sequence they always seem fine. The ins and outs works like a charm. But, (and here's the kicker) when I change the duration of the mograph, sometimes the in OR out (it's different) aren't respected and the mograph "cuts off without the animation. And sometimes, when I change the duration of tha mograph by draging it, the animation starts or stops somewhere towards the middle of the mograph (not at…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Cheers,
    Dacia

Hi All!

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 that was released last night has new functionality to help resolve…

19. Responsive Design time in After Effects Not work in premiere Pro

Responsive Design time in After Effects Not work in premiere Pro

Like it's supposed to work when export MOGRT to use in premiere

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Cheers,
    Dacia

20. I have the very latest update for my Premiere pro program. It no longer supports PNG!!! That's insane. Why would you remove any file formats

It can't possibly use up any band with to retain old file formats, yet you have eliminated many. Ones like AVI and PNG are still used for many stock photos and clips. Also, you can no longer edit an audio file in Audition, it always says file not found, no matter which file you choose. Hoping this is just a glitch because it's really slowing down my work flow.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base