Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

45 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color Space, Gamma and HDR

Premiere Pro needs to ability to set the Color Space and Gamma of individual sequences. Rec 709 for HD, Rec 2020 for UHD, P3 for Cinema work, etc.

There does need to an an HDR switch for Color Spaces that support it.

Mercury Transmit needs to respect those settings and output without alteration or conversion.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warp stabilizer and Speed changes to work on the same clip

It would be great to be able to change the speed of a clip and then, apply a warp stabilizer effect on that same clip without having to nest the clip to make both effects work together.

Also, being able to put a warp stabilizer effect on a clip even if that clip is not at the same resolution as the sequence settings.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Make clips default to time remapping > speed instead of opacity. OR Have a shortcut assigned to make clip into time remapping > speed instead of right-clicking 3 times to open the function. PLEASE.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LUT Organization

I think it would be awesome to have a better structure for LUTs. I wish it were more organized with the option of having folders. Lightroom has something similar to where you can have folders holding presets, but when I want to use a LUT in Premiere Pro, I have to pick through the long list I have aquired, or go through the browse option and go through those folders one by one. I would like to have that organization that I use in Finder (osx) within Lumetri. I've loved some of the additions to cc2019 and think this could…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the TRACK MATTE effect with a "Motion Settings Affect Matte" Checkbox!

The Track Matte effect in Premiere Pro almost never works the way we editors need it to, and it's high time this essential effect gets fixed!

When creating a Track Matte, changing the Motion parameters of the clip the effect is applied to also changes the resulting matte. For example, if I zoom my clip to 120%, the clip zooms 120% but so does the matte. This makes it impossible to move a clip within a matte's 'window' without nesting.

The current way to get around this is to nest the clip, apply the Track Matte effect to the nest…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 'Reveal in Project' Command not working

After upgraded to the very latest 2018 (April) update of Premiere Pro CC I can't use "Reveal In Project" anymore in Thumbnail view. It works only on list view. I tried several install/uninstall, different pc, cleared cache, new project/old project etc. But nothing happen.

Sometime also project panel search bar greyed out too.

I already updated and still working with 7 different project on this version of premiere, so i can't even go back to previous version.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Close Other Projects

Now that we can open multiple projects, it would be nice to be able to close all other projects. Currently you can either close the current one, or all projects.

Could work similarly to the Close other Timeline Panels function.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

"Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ligature

Please add an option to turn on or off ligatures into the various text edit controls. Currently:
    The caption tool has ligatures turned on when importing a file and reportedly ligatures off if entering new text. No option to toggle.
    The new title tools has ligatures turned on and no option to toggle.
    The Legacy Title tool has ligatures turned off and no way option to toggle.
    The use of ligatures or not as desired in a consistent way requires workarounds particularly when it comes to captions, diminishing the usability of the caption feature.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10585290#10585290

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export captions as .vtt (WebVTT) files

I'd like the option to export closed captions as .vtt files. Some of my clients only accept this format, and doing it manually or with different software is either very time consuming or costly.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add modifier keys to marquee selection tool to add/subtract clips

Add modifier keys to the selection tool to allow for adding/subtracting clips within the bounds of a marquee. why? Currently there's no fast way to select a bunch of clips in a scenario like this:

https://twitter.com/demafleez/status/990285808052686848

You could control/command click the individual clips or you could lock the other tracks and marquee the clips in the unlocked track but either route takes waaaay too many clicks. A big drag if you do this alot.

Please revisit the selection tool and expand on its functionality by adding modifier keys to the mix.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A keyboard shortcut to ONLY delete transitions

Currently, the only way to delete transitions is to zoom in and manually, carefully select them, one at a time, while holding SHIFT, and then pressing delete.
    It would be far easier to just be able to select clips normally, and then hit one key that only deletes the transitions on those clips, while leaving everything else intact.
    Technically, the Palette Gear does have this feature (they put it in at my request) but that's the only way to get it, currently.

This is item #5 in my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to remove the audio clip icon overlays for L, R, Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.

These are constantly covering up the waveforms, making it difficult to edit audio, unless you zoom in and/or increase the track height.
    Here's in image to show just how troublesome this can be:
    https://i.imgur.com/QwzkSeO.png

The ideal solution would also have an associated shortcut, for easy toggling on/off, just as we have for audio track names.

This is item 96 on my spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG:: Cursor Disappears on Workspace Change

With consistency, whenever I switch from the Editing to Color workspace, my cursor disappears. I can move the mouse around and select things, but I can't see where the cursor is. I have to close the program and reopen Premiere to see the cursor again.

I'm running Premiere 12.1.1 on Windows 10.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. be able to change the default marker color

It would be very helpful to be able to change the default marker color

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Playhead return after stop

Make playhead return to original position like in Adobe Audition for speed up editing

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base