Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to toggle rotate when masking

When masking, the tool focus nearly always switches to rotate the entire mask instead of allowing access to the individual point(s) I want to select. I have never had to rotate a whole mask and do not ever thing I should need to anytime in the future. It would be very helpful to have the ability to switch this feature off.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to move multiple clips' position at once.

Currently, we can only move a clip's position in the frame on its own.

Please allow us to select multiple items in our sequence and move their position (X / Y axis) together. If we move them 100px to the right, that number will be added to each clip's respective position so that they move as a group when selected as such, but their individual positions are maintained when the move is done.

This would also be great when selecting multiple text layers within the same Graphic Text clip. Rather than causing 2 or more layers to be given the…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The infamous GPU render Error -1609629695

The bane of many an editor. I encounter this bug at least once a day. If this happens in the middle of a render, the entire thing fails. (Thank Adobe for smart rendering, at least!)
    The best workaround I've been able to come up with, is to ALWAYS render timeline previews. I use cineform, and so the final, smart render, is very fast.

Here is a long forum thread about it. This bug has been a problem for many years: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171535

This is Unique ID 160 on my Premiere problems spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Space, Gamma and HDR

Premiere Pro needs to ability to set the Color Space and Gamma of individual sequences. Rec 709 for HD, Rec 2020 for UHD, P3 for Cinema work, etc.

There does need to an an HDR switch for Color Spaces that support it.

Mercury Transmit needs to respect those settings and output without alteration or conversion.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brighten_or_darken_the_interface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expanded Lumetri - Node Based Effects and Color

This technique would incorporate, in the back end / behind the hood of premiere, The Flow Chart from Encore/After Effects, Adjustment Layers (in the Expanded Lumetri panel), Masks, Tracking, and dynamically linking the "Adjustment layers" to effects in the Effects Control Panel to make adjustments in the Effects Control panel as well.

This is basiclly a way for Premiere to introduce 'Nodes' while maintaining it's current Effects Panel. The one issue I find with this is parallel nodes. I'm not sure what the stack order would look like in the Effects Control Panel. Each 'Node/Adjustment Layer' should allow for tracking…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Lists

Avid offers a change list from one sequence to the next. This is a vital way for tracking updates to a cut. Giving us the ability to generate change lists would dramatically reduce session logistics and provide for more creative time. It’s all about using automation to work smarter.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Linking LUTs by name rather than by position on LUTs list

I work with a couple of LUTs and use a home and work computer. I have the same LUTs I need on both computers but I have more LUTs on my home computer. The problem is I will use a LUT at work and even though I have the same LUT at home when I open the project at home it applies a different LUT to the shots I have already colored. For example, lets say I have a LUT named "Color" and it is the first LUT listed in my lumetri list. When I open the project at home…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An option to remove the audio clip icon overlays for L, R, Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.

These are constantly covering up the waveforms, making it difficult to edit audio, unless you zoom in and/or increase the track height.
    Here's in image to show just how troublesome this can be:
    https://i.imgur.com/QwzkSeO.png

The ideal solution would also have an associated shortcut, for easy toggling on/off, just as we have for audio track names.

This is item 96 on my spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user moves the cursor.

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. be able to change the default marker color

It would be very helpful to be able to change the default marker color

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dual Screen Workspaces

The workspace panel has lots of default panel options baked in, but all of them are built for a single screen set-up. While I know you can rebuild the setups yourself... it would be nice if there was a feature that would let you switch between single screen and dual screen defaults in the workspace panel... that way I can just click and work, rather than having to build first.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. font and size in the interface

I would like to be able to change the font and font size across the board in the interface. it is WAY to small for my old eyes

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Watch folders for premiere pro

Add a Watch Folder feature, where footage are automatically imported if added to a specific watch folder

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Playhead return after stop

Make playhead return to original position like in Adobe Audition for speed up editing

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base