Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

48 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Lists

Avid offers a change list from one sequence to the next. This is a vital way for tracking updates to a cut. Giving us the ability to generate change lists would dramatically reduce session logistics and provide for more creative time. It’s all about using automation to work smarter.

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. audio hardware

Please add default audio output to match window system audio output devices options.

That will be useful for some users like me. when I switch my audio output devices on windows, PR will use the same device for audio output.

win 10, PR CC2018 v12.0.1

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attach / create proxies to / from merged clips

If for some reason, you have created proxies AFTER syncing and / or creating merged clips, those proxies will not attached to the merged clips. The idea is that to make that possible.
    In other words, to be able to attach proxies to all sorts of clips, either you create the proxies before or after creating merged clips, subclips, synced merged clips ...
    Thanks

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linking LUTs by name rather than by position on LUTs list

I work with a couple of LUTs and use a home and work computer. I have the same LUTs I need on both computers but I have more LUTs on my home computer. The problem is I will use a LUT at work and even though I have the same LUT at home when I open the project at home it applies a different LUT to the shots I have already colored. For example, lets say I have a LUT named "Color" and it is the first LUT listed in my lumetri list. When I open the project at home…

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This Action Will Delete Existing Keyframes warning... WHY?

Why is there a pop up warning when deleting keyframes in Premiere 'Pro'. Are Pro users not savvy enough to know what they're doing and need a warning EVERY SINGLE TIME we delete keyframes?

There is no warning like this in After Effects. Why in Premiere?

I've requested this be removed since CS5. How does this annoying pop-up still exist?

At least give a preference toggle to turn this off. Seriously.

Over 7 yrs, come on Adobe! Give your Pro users the benefit of the doubt in this 'Pro' application. YES I KNOW I AM DELETING KEYFRAMES.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/801578

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to see audio waveform and video in source window

The ability to see a waveform and the video at the same time.

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a remove disabled clips option in the sequence.

It would be great if there was a option to delete all clips in a sequence that are disabled.

Working in film trailer marketing we edit offline material with watermarks and have to prep/clean up a lot of sequences before delivering to the studio finishing house where they have the clean footage and export the finals.

Assistant Editors have to clean up the sequences and organize the audio by dialogue,sfx, and music. A lot of the times there are a bunch of old sfx or dialogue lines that are still in the sequence but not being used.

It would be…

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expanded Lumetri - Node Based Effects and Color

This technique would incorporate, in the back end / behind the hood of premiere, The Flow Chart from Encore/After Effects, Adjustment Layers (in the Expanded Lumetri panel), Masks, Tracking, and dynamically linking the "Adjustment layers" to effects in the Effects Control Panel to make adjustments in the Effects Control panel as well.

This is basiclly a way for Premiere to introduce 'Nodes' while maintaining it's current Effects Panel. The one issue I find with this is parallel nodes. I'm not sure what the stack order would look like in the Effects Control Panel. Each 'Node/Adjustment Layer' should allow for tracking…

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color Space, Gamma and HDR

Premiere Pro needs to ability to set the Color Space and Gamma of individual sequences. Rec 709 for HD, Rec 2020 for UHD, P3 for Cinema work, etc.

There does need to an an HDR switch for Color Spaces that support it.

Mercury Transmit needs to respect those settings and output without alteration or conversion.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Source Monitor (See Video and waveform at the sametime)

When editing TV, Reality, Digital, even social, it can be more useful to edit by looking at the wave forms, and can be faster to find the point in a shot where dialogue starts and stops, instead of just sliding and hunting for the moment, and miss a soundbite. BUT it's also hard to catch a mciro reaction in the footage when you're only putting in and outs via the waveforms, so to be able to have both visible at the same time AND being able to choose to link the controls or separate them or link them would save…

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Make clips default to time remapping > speed instead of opacity. OR Have a shortcut assigned to make clip into time remapping > speed instead of right-clicking 3 times to open the function. PLEASE.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Warp stabilizer and Speed changes to work on the same clip

It would be great to be able to change the speed of a clip and then, apply a warp stabilizer effect on that same clip without having to nest the clip to make both effects work together.

Also, being able to put a warp stabilizer effect on a clip even if that clip is not at the same resolution as the sequence settings.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Modernize The Syncing Workflow With A Sync Panel

The syncing workflow could use a major facelift.

Merging Clips is a destructive form of syncing that just doesn't work that well. They also cause many problems in the conform and if sync is off they need to be completely redone, causing headaches and manual replacement throughout the project. Sometimes they bug out when you bring merged clips in fro another project and certain tracks get out of sync.

There is also the create multicamera source sequence which doesn't tell you this is the preferred method to sync clips. The negatives are that it is a cumbersome dialogue box with…

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG* Lumetri curves adjustment causing blocky artifacts with Nvidia studio drivers

BUG REPORT* White blocky artifacts cover screen when using curves under lumetri panel (Premier and After Effects latest build. (14.3.0 & 17.1.1) This is when utilizing Mercury playback engine. Using 1080 ti and latest several Nividia studio and game ready drivers have caused this issue. Current studio driver I'm using is 451.48. Using an older game ready driver does not cause this issue. I have noticed most of lumetri will process the color fine, but the curves adjustment will not process correctly, resulting in the results you see below.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LUT Organization

I think it would be awesome to have a better structure for LUTs. I wish it were more organized with the option of having folders. Lightroom has something similar to where you can have folders holding presets, but when I want to use a LUT in Premiere Pro, I have to pick through the long list I have aquired, or go through the browse option and go through those folders one by one. I would like to have that organization that I use in Finder (osx) within Lumetri. I've loved some of the additions to cc2019 and think this could…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base