Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix issue of workspace customization not saving

Workspace options i set to appear set to be hidden does not save. Even if you delete the workspaces you'd like to appear in the bar, when you reopen the program, the bar reverts to the default workspace customization of everything included

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ACES for Adobe

The Creative Cloud suite really, REALLY needs to incorporate the Academy Color Encoding System, commonly known as ACES. ********, what an excellent way to manage color!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modernize The Syncing Workflow With A Sync Panel

The syncing workflow could use a major facelift.

Merging Clips is a destructive form of syncing that just doesn't work that well. They also cause many problems in the conform and if sync is off they need to be completely redone, causing headaches and manual replacement throughout the project. Sometimes they bug out when you bring merged clips in fro another project and certain tracks get out of sync.

There is also the create multicamera source sequence which doesn't tell you this is the preferred method to sync clips. The negatives are that it is a cumbersome dialogue box with…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This Action Will Delete Existing Keyframes warning... WHY?

Why is there a pop up warning when deleting keyframes in Premiere 'Pro'. Are Pro users not savvy enough to know what they're doing and need a warning EVERY SINGLE TIME we delete keyframes?

There is no warning like this in After Effects. Why in Premiere?

I've requested this be removed since CS5. How does this annoying pop-up still exist?

At least give a preference toggle to turn this off. Seriously.

Over 7 yrs, come on Adobe! Give your Pro users the benefit of the doubt in this 'Pro' application. YES I KNOW I AM DELETING KEYFRAMES.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/801578

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make CC library colors available in Premiere

The essential graphics tool is almost useless unless we can use the colors feature of our Creative Cloud Libraries in Premiere. Please enable Libraries Colors in Premiere!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background Rendering

I'd like to add the ability to continue working while sequences get rendered within Premiere Pro. Rendering would remain user initiated, and NEVER occur automatically. However, once a user initiates a render, we would be able to continue working. I imagine a new Render window along with the Project, Media Browser, Effects, Info, etc., where we could see the status of all initiated renders; pause, resume and cancel them; rearrange their order, etc.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG REPORT: CC2019 Dynamic Link to AE broken

Currently, Premiere 2019 will read and play comps dynamically linked from AE that were created prior to the CC2018 version. Comps made in 2018 WILL NOT play (Media pending error) in Premiere CC2019.
    Also, fonts used in MOGRT files are not correct in Premiere CC2019 - and yes, I'm using typekite fonts.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Proxy Relinking

Many times i have had to manually relink proxies.

Premiere needs better file recognition to be able to relink proxies encoded externally or internally. understanding _Proxy endings an din general relink proxies automatically, more often.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Any "Save As..." dialouges can premanently freeze Premiere

Any action that spawns an Explorer window can cause Premiere to permanently freeze. It will never recover, and must be shut down through Task Manager. These actions include:
    -File > Save as...
    -Clicking the OUTPUT name in the Export Media window.
    -Clicking "browse" on the Export Frame dialogue box.
    -Even hitting the little "setup..." button on the Image Matte Key effect.
    -Using Explorer rather than Media Browser when relinking footage.
    -Double clicking a blank area of a bin
    -And many more.

This has happened to me in Windows 10 and 7.
    (Doing "Reveal in Explorer" does not cause this freezing,…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Attach / create proxies to / from merged clips

If for some reason, you have created proxies AFTER syncing and / or creating merged clips, those proxies will not attached to the merged clips. The idea is that to make that possible.
    In other words, to be able to attach proxies to all sorts of clips, either you create the proxies before or after creating merged clips, subclips, synced merged clips ...
    Thanks

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to add and modify Lumetri Color to the group of clips

When I have a group of shots from the same location I should be able to add and modify the Lumetri Color Effect for all of them at once. Regardless of their position on the timeline. You could add it in the Lumetri panel next to the Master tab. Design three buttons here. Default “Clip” level button. “Master” level button and a “Group” level button. I think this is doable and would make the color correction/grading process more efficient.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change default "Show Clip Keyframe" for entire sequence

The visible keyframe slider for every video is Opacity by default. It is a nightmare trying to right click each clip, if you need to display a different keyframe for it (E.g. Time for speed ramps).

An option is necessary for setting the default displayed keyframes for the entire sequence. The ability to also bulk change thedisplayed keyframes for multiple clips would also be good.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow keyboard shortcuts for effects

I would like the ability to make keyboard shortcuts for various effects that I commonly use. The same way that there is a ‘default transition’ shortcut.

Thanks!
    Will

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select all disabled clips in a sequence

It would be great to be able to select all the disabled clips in a timeline.
    When I edit, I often disabled audio clips I don’t want to hear, but I don’t want to remove them (because I want to pass all the clips to the soundmix department by exporting aaf when the picture is lock).
    When exporting aaf or omf, the disabled clips are not passing through. So up to now, I would need to duplicate my sequence, then re-enable manually all the disabled clips.
    If there was a function to select all of them at once, it would…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Warp stabilizer and Speed changes to work on the same clip

It would be great to be able to change the speed of a clip and then, apply a warp stabilizer effect on that same clip without having to nest the clip to make both effects work together.

Also, being able to put a warp stabilizer effect on a clip even if that clip is not at the same resolution as the sequence settings.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Make clips default to time remapping > speed instead of opacity. OR Have a shortcut assigned to make clip into time remapping > speed instead of right-clicking 3 times to open the function. PLEASE.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A keyboard shortcut to ONLY delete transitions

Currently, the only way to delete transitions is to zoom in and manually, carefully select them, one at a time, while holding SHIFT, and then pressing delete.
    It would be far easier to just be able to select clips normally, and then hit one key that only deletes the transitions on those clips, while leaving everything else intact.
    Technically, the Palette Gear does have this feature (they put it in at my request) but that's the only way to get it, currently.

This is item #5 in my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base