Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multithreaded conforming

Please make conforming multithreaded!

I know this must be achievable because conforming is just reading through the file and making peak files / metadata files. Right now the process is sequential, one file at a time. The process could be parallel, conforming multiple files at a time.

For multicore machines, this would be a HUGE increase in startup performance when importing footage. Especially for big projects with hours of clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. v13.1 Playback has slowed so much that it is unusable even though it ran ok in previous versions.

Since updating to 13.1 I have had to abandon projects and revert to older versions as playback is so slow and glitchy it is unsuable. The problem is present even when using low-res proxies at 1/4 res. As projects have been saved in 13.1 this has meant losing all work and starting again. Very unhappy. Please sort this asap!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add preference to have playhead stop when you begin working in sequence

In Final Cut when you were watching a sequence and decided you wanted to add footage, or change something or fix a cut, and you went into change said things. The playhead would immediately stop where it was. Not continually play down the entire sequence and move past where you are currently working and not be able to do so. Can you add a preference to STOP playhead upon changes? something to that effect. i cannot get used to it just playing and moving past where i want to stop and work. its not efficient at all

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere pro display Prores 10 bit with wrong levels (too dark)

Using Windows with nVidia Geforce and CUDA.

• maximum bit depth allows prores 10 bit to be correctly processed

• without maximum bit depth (DEFAULT OPTION!!!) the image is dark (maybe shown as 8 bit or wrong luma levels?)

• with HQ playback OFF during playback the image is always dark

• with HQ playback ON it's good during playback if maximum bit depth is enable

• EXPORT PREVIEW ALWAYS SHOWS WRONG IMAGE even if "render at maximum bit depth" is checked. (bug)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: 13.1.2 Export Applies Full to Limited Range Lumetri to Everything

What seems to be happening, is that when I export, the colour looks like I have applied the lumetri technical preset "Full to Legal Range". When looking at the lumetri scope on a file that I have exported, the waveform shows that the range from black to white has been constricted as if that preset was applied, even though I had not.

I tried applying the "Legal to Full Range" preset to my original timeline before export, and the waveform shows black being below zero. But after export the output file looks like I expect and when I bring it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio plugin doesnt' work!!!

After the last update the audio plugin window did not appear (where i select audio effect for add it in my workstation). I installed Premiere again but the window still doesn't appear. What should i do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The copy to clipboard for the keyboard layout isn't working anymore

The copy to clipboard feature to allow copying of the keyboard layout (with all the green/blue etc triangles) isn't working anymore since the latest update. Also, could you choose better colours for this layout please? The current colours make it very difficult to read the text when you send the diagram to a colour laser printer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clip Fx Editor draw window size isn't full (Compressor or MBC)

When adding the Compressor or MultiBand Compressor, you must 'edit' to get the window and it is drawn too small, not exposing all controls. Why? I have to resize it every time on W10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media Browser XML Thumbnails

Is there any reason Media Browser has to show the XML files by default? I know that I can set it to only show MXF, but if I happen to then navigate to a folder with MOV or MP4 I have to change it again to show "All Supported Files". I would prefer to be able to navigate to an MXF folder structure without seeing the pointless XML files contained within, especially since they're not even importable anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow clip swapping in vertical space.

This would help fix an occasional annoyance. What I would like to be able to do is to be able to swap the contents of V1/A1-A4 and V2/A5-A8 in the associated screenshot so that B001C025 is now V2/A5-A8 and A001C023 is now V1/A1-A4. This should work with whatever linked video audio there is (in my example, my clips have 4 audio tracks, but it should swap regardless of how many tracks of audio there are). I would want the clips to stay exactly where they are in time, just swapped in vertical space like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. FRAME HOLD IS BROKEN

Frame hold is broken in latest update doesn't work the first instance after reapplying frame hold second time then it actually works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2017 changes to SOURCE, BROWSER & PGM screens: adding the pulldn menu to access the method of simply resizing images, videos IS CUMBERSOME!!

AM i really in the extreme minority to keep something SIMPLE!
    Ver 15 had a very intuitive way of resizing still and live video images which made it FASTER to do creative layering.
    Now we have to readapt to 2017 pulldowns hidden everywhere for many BASIC editorial functions.
    THIS IS ABSURD and COSTS TIME
    and guess what
    TIME IS MONEY!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. select clip then cut or slice into indiviual frames or clips on time line

I want to be able to select a clip on my timeline then have it cut into individual frames or cut ( ie. Slice a clip into frame or cuts)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug report: Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.11.4+ break Premiere Pro playback

I've just recognized an issue we have with Adobe Premiere Pro (tested on all versions from 12.1.2 up to current) where playback in a timeline gets paused randomly after anywhere between 2-5 seconds of playback. I tested with ProRes 422 and 422 HQ files and R3D files.

We have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card installed into this Mac Pro. So when I uninstalled the Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers, Premiere Pro ran flawlessly once again. When I reinstalled Desktop Video, I got the following results:

11.1: issue persists
    11.0: issue persists
    10.11.4: issue persists
    10.11.2: issue FIXED

So something broke somewhere…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug report: Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.11.4+ break Premiere Pro playback

I've just recognized an issue we have with Adobe Premiere Pro (tested on all versions from 12.1.2 up to current) where playback in a timeline gets paused randomly after anywhere between 2-5 seconds of playback. I tested with ProRes 422 and 422 HQ files and R3D files.

We have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card installed into this Mac Pro. So when I uninstalled the Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers, Premiere Pro ran flawlessly once again. When I reinstalled Desktop Video, I got the following results:

11.1: issue persists
    11.0: issue persists
    10.11.4: issue persists
    10.11.2: issue FIXED

So something broke somewhere…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Default Export Type Not Just From Same Timeline

I'd like Premiere to be able save a default export type instead of always making me pick. I get that when I re-encode an existing timeline it takes the last one, but I want a default across my project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dear sir, I work whith Premiere Pro edition april 2019: When I open Color Correction & I pool the icon of Contrast & Brigtness to Timeline,

Dear sir, I work whith Premiere Pro edition april 2019: When I open Color Correction & I pool the icon of Contrast & Brigtness to Timeline, the picture becomes black on one side, or white on the other side. I see that in Programe square. That mean I can't work with Brightness & Contrast!!!
    My name is Norberth Negru. In other side on my uppgrade I have`nt in Audio Efect : De Noiser (new) & De Reverb, Whi?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Opening Metada panel causes freeze crash spinning beach ball

Merely opening the Metadata panel keeps causing premiere to freeze with a spinning beach ball (mac).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base