Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A way to keep track of time spent on a project.

Anytime there’s movement in the project a clock is started. Maybe even categorized time. So you can see how much time was spent rendering, coloring, cutting. Maybe Other stats too like total footage in project. Maybe even how much footage you looked through so you could see if you missed anything.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Speedramp in Premiere Pro 2020 is a mess

Speedramping in Premiere cc 2020 let my eyes bleed like ****.
    No smooth, but cruel lagging while playbacking the speedramped clip.
    The rendered file however is fine.

Fix that as soon as possible, before I went out of blood.
    Thanks

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Motion Blur (Shutter Angle) To Default Motion Panel

It already exists in the effects>distort>transform tool, but it would be really great to incorporate it into the default motion effect, especially for quick GFX and title integration.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  30 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the TRACK MATTE effect with a "Motion Settings Affect Matte" Checkbox!

The Track Matte effect in Premiere Pro almost never works the way we editors need it to, and it's high time this essential effect gets fixed!

When creating a Track Matte, changing the Motion parameters of the clip the effect is applied to also changes the resulting matte. For example, if I zoom my clip to 120%, the clip zooms 120% but so does the matte. This makes it impossible to move a clip within a matte's 'window' without nesting.

The current way to get around this is to nest the clip, apply the Track Matte effect to the nest…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trim Previous/Next Edit to Playhead on selected clips

Please add the option for "Trim Previous Edit to Playhead" and "Trim Next Edit to Playhead" trim only with selected clips instead of trim all target track. People seem to use trim selected clip more often than trim track. Thanks

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. proxy media and full resolution media must have matching audio channels

I feel like you should be able to attach proxies to full resolution media based on video and not just audio - I have hours worth of proxies that a DIT made and the audio channels don't match the source files so I can't connect them.
    I can do this the traditional way, working with proxies, until picture lock, unlinking and then re-linking to full resolution media, however I'd prefer to have both on hand in Premiere.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro not using Dedicated GPU.

Premiere Pro is not using my Dedicated Graphics card: GTX 1080 6GB. It is using the CPU and my internal GPU, even if I set all the settings to use the GTX and add the card to cudasupportedcards.txt.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CALCULATOR TIMECODE

It is always necessary in TV work, the duration of several blocks of a program to match the programming times. I think that implementing a calculator in Premiere would be very useful.

Siempre es necesario en trabajos de TV medir la duración de distintos bloques de un programa para cuadrar con los tiempos de programación. Creo que implementar una calculadora en Premiere sería muy útil.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warning of disabled tracks or unanalyzed effects before export

To prevent accidentally exporting with a track disabled, show a warning before export

Show a warning if Warp Stabilizer is not analyzed before export

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Continuously Rasterize Vector Graphics Option (AI, EPS, Ect)

Vector graphics are rasterized as they are imported. Scaling them larger than 100% results in a blurry graphic. After Effects offers a "Continuously Rasterize" option, and Premiere should offer the same. It could be an option under Interpret Footage.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show creation date information for sequences created.

Include a creation date for sequences. Could this be a column in the metadata display?

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a remove disabled clips option in the sequence.

It would be great if there was a option to delete all clips in a sequence that are disabled.

Working in film trailer marketing we edit offline material with watermarks and have to prep/clean up a lot of sequences before delivering to the studio finishing house where they have the clean footage and export the finals.

Assistant Editors have to clean up the sequences and organize the audio by dialogue,sfx, and music. A lot of the times there are a bunch of old sfx or dialogue lines that are still in the sequence but not being used.

It would be…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. mute source audio button

A simple audio mute button on the source monitor.

It's REALLY time consuming to have to turn the volume down every time I want to scan source footage with audio. If you forget, it blares noise at you and you clients. Ever shoot in a factory or loud crowd or sporting event?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix issue of workspace customization not saving

Workspace options i set to appear set to be hidden does not save. Even if you delete the workspaces you'd like to appear in the bar, when you reopen the program, the bar reverts to the default workspace customization of everything included

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base