Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A way to keep track of time spent on a project.

Anytime there’s movement in the project a clock is started. Maybe even categorized time. So you can see how much time was spent rendering, coloring, cutting. Maybe Other stats too like total footage in project. Maybe even how much footage you looked through so you could see if you missed anything.

62 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Warning of disabled tracks or unanalyzed effects before export

To prevent accidentally exporting with a track disabled, show a warning before export

Show a warning if Warp Stabilizer is not analyzed before export

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CALCULATOR TIMECODE

It is always necessary in TV work, the duration of several blocks of a program to match the programming times. I think that implementing a calculator in Premiere would be very useful.

Siempre es necesario en trabajos de TV medir la duración de distintos bloques de un programa para cuadrar con los tiempos de programación. Creo que implementar una calculadora en Premiere sería muy útil.

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edge rendering issue on close captions

In Premiere Pro CC 12.1.0 on Mac OSX 10.13.4 there are issues in rendering close caption edges on some characters. The problem appears with the majority of fonts.

59 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  24 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

58 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix issue of workspace customization not saving

Workspace options i set to appear set to be hidden does not save. Even if you delete the workspaces you'd like to appear in the bar, when you reopen the program, the bar reverts to the default workspace customization of everything included

58 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background Rendering

I'd like to add the ability to continue working while sequences get rendered within Premiere Pro. Rendering would remain user initiated, and NEVER occur automatically. However, once a user initiates a render, we would be able to continue working. I imagine a new Render window along with the Project, Media Browser, Effects, Info, etc., where we could see the status of all initiated renders; pause, resume and cancel them; rearrange their order, etc.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mute source audio button

A simple audio mute button on the source monitor.

It's REALLY time consuming to have to turn the volume down every time I want to scan source footage with audio. If you forget, it blares noise at you and you clients. Ever shoot in a factory or loud crowd or sporting event?

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to add and modify Lumetri Color to the group of clips

When I have a group of shots from the same location I should be able to add and modify the Lumetri Color Effect for all of them at once. Regardless of their position on the timeline. You could add it in the Lumetri panel next to the Master tab. Design three buttons here. Default “Clip” level button. “Master” level button and a “Group” level button. I think this is doable and would make the color correction/grading process more efficient.

54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Any "Save As..." dialouges can premanently freeze Premiere

Any action that spawns an Explorer window can cause Premiere to permanently freeze. It will never recover, and must be shut down through Task Manager. These actions include:
    -File > Save as...
    -Clicking the OUTPUT name in the Export Media window.
    -Clicking "browse" on the Export Frame dialogue box.
    -Even hitting the little "setup..." button on the Image Matte Key effect.
    -Using Explorer rather than Media Browser when relinking footage.
    -Double clicking a blank area of a bin
    -And many more.

This has happened to me in Windows 10 and 7.
    (Doing "Reveal in Explorer" does not cause this freezing,…

54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make CC library colors available in Premiere

The essential graphics tool is almost useless unless we can use the colors feature of our Creative Cloud Libraries in Premiere. Please enable Libraries Colors in Premiere!

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Several bugs with captions in Premiere Pro; AME won't render captions

Captions are very difficult to work with in PP. Why can I not change the format of all captions at once? I have to click each individual caption to change the format. I also wish captions had import settings, they default to 10000fps/SD size when importing into an HD project. Media Encoder just doesn't want to render open captions even when "burn captions" is selected. Bugs wise, all kinds of problems, for example, captions are not updated to reflect new styles applied or changes to the text. Captions on different tracks not appearing when track is made visible, etc. So…

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Continuously Rasterize Vector Graphics Option (AI, EPS, Ect)

Vector graphics are rasterized as they are imported. Scaling them larger than 100% results in a blurry graphic. After Effects offers a "Continuously Rasterize" option, and Premiere should offer the same. It could be an option under Interpret Footage.

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG REPORT: CC2019 Dynamic Link to AE broken

Currently, Premiere 2019 will read and play comps dynamically linked from AE that were created prior to the CC2018 version. Comps made in 2018 WILL NOT play (Media pending error) in Premiere CC2019.
    Also, fonts used in MOGRT files are not correct in Premiere CC2019 - and yes, I'm using typekite fonts.

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show creation date information for sequences created.

Include a creation date for sequences. Could this be a column in the metadata display?

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow keyboard shortcuts for effects

I would like the ability to make keyboard shortcuts for various effects that I commonly use. The same way that there is a ‘default transition’ shortcut.

Thanks!
    Will

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better Proxy Relinking

Many times i have had to manually relink proxies.

Premiere needs better file recognition to be able to relink proxies encoded externally or internally. understanding _Proxy endings an din general relink proxies automatically, more often.

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base