Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12649 results found

1. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Write Warp Stabilizer data to external file

Warp Stabilizer is known for its insane impact on project file size - right now I have a project with some stabilized footage, and the project file size is 850 MEGABYTES. It's crazy, and now imagine this thing autosaves every 10 minutes - it takes about a minute just to save it. This makes this plugin unusable. And the solution is pretty simple - keep stbilization data outsude of the project file, like other stabilization plugins do. The plugin should create an external file for stabilization data in the project folder, and update it only when reanalyzing footage. I guess…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Present an error message before output when a Warp Stabilizer watermark is on a clip

If you have altered a clip with the Warp Stabilier and your clip now has a Warp Stabilizer "Frame not analyzed" watermark warning, Premiere Pro should warn the editor this is there before and output. This would avoid this watermarked shot being rendered into an export before the editor could fix it.

In fact any undesirable thing like a watermark banner should be presented to the editor before an export. In the end I would rather have a shot export WITHOUT the Warp Stablizer at all than to have it export with a watermark.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Premiere Pro not using Nvidia GPU for rendering

My laptop has an Intel integrated GPU and a Nvidia Gtx960M GPU, however premiere pro will only use the Intel GPU for rendering, even if I have set the renderer to be CUDA and forced premiere to use the Nvidia GPU in Nvidia settings.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display audio waveforms for nested audio clips

Display audio waveforms for nested audio clips

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export captions as .vtt (WebVTT) files

I'd like the option to export closed captions as .vtt files. Some of my clients only accept this format, and doing it manually or with different software is either very time consuming or costly.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the TRACK MATTE effect with a "Motion Settings Affect Matte" Checkbox!

The Track Matte effect in Premiere Pro almost never works the way we editors need it to, and it's high time this essential effect gets fixed!

When creating a Track Matte, changing the Motion parameters of the clip the effect is applied to also changes the resulting matte. For example, if I zoom my clip to 120%, the clip zooms 120% but so does the matte. This makes it impossible to move a clip within a matte's 'window' without nesting.

The current way to get around this is to nest the clip, apply the Track Matte effect to the nest…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ACES for Adobe

The Creative Cloud suite really, REALLY needs to incorporate the Academy Color Encoding System, commonly known as ACES. ********, what an excellent way to manage color!

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base