Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

2. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Audio Nesting

Currently audio will not nest. According to forums this is not a feature. Please enable audio nesting.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere Pro not using Nvidia GPU for rendering

My laptop has an Intel integrated GPU and a Nvidia Gtx960M GPU, however premiere pro will only use the Intel GPU for rendering, even if I have set the renderer to be CUDA and forced premiere to use the Nvidia GPU in Nvidia settings.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
    While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

12. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Present an error message before output when a Warp Stabilizer watermark is on a clip

If you have altered a clip with the Warp Stabilier and your clip now has a Warp Stabilizer "Frame not analyzed" watermark warning, Premiere Pro should warn the editor this is there before and output. This would avoid this watermarked shot being rendered into an export before the editor could fix it.

In fact any undesirable thing like a watermark banner should be presented to the editor before an export. In the end I would rather have a shot export WITHOUT the Warp Stablizer at all than to have it export with a watermark.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display audio waveforms for nested audio clips

Display audio waveforms for nested audio clips

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Optimize for high core count systems

You guys need to optimize your software to utilize more cpu cores.

It doesn’t make sense that a lower end cpu works better then a high end cpu.

If changes are not made.. I will cancel my membership and explore your competitor’s options.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save for a previous version of Premiere

Ability so save a project for a previous version of Premiere. The same way After Effects does.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ability to choose graphic card

us that need to work on the road and have the newer laptops with dual GPU's are currently grossly set back as Premiere prioritizes the internal Intel graphic card, instead of the Nvdia card that is also present in the laptop.
    It's a widespread problem (few google searches proofs that) and it would be nice to have it fixed. especially as it's a trend with a dGPU.
    thanks in advance.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base