Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reveal Sequence in Project not working properly on Mac in 12.1

Hi, this is on Mac OS X 10.13.3 Premiere 12.1

It used to be (in the previous version of Premiere) that when I used "Reveal Sequence in Project" if the item was not within the bin currently open in the Project Panel, it would open a new panel at the root location of the sequence and display it.

Now in 12.1 it simply does nothing unless I manually open the enclosing bin in the Project panel. Otherwise it just does nothing, with no feedback or anything.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. replace font

This is SUPER annoying that the Adobe folks didn't think of this. I opened a file, and it said something along the lines of...."You don't have the font futura bold, so I've gone and replace it with Futura regular for you." Of course, I have futura bold, but I got this file from someone with a Mac, and I'm on PC, so it's not thinking it's the same font. I guess Futura regular is the closest thing to Futura bold. Ha.

But then I noticed....OK, well, you did exactly what I want to do. Just let me choose which font…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Color Labels to Sync between users in Team Projects

The way I communicate which assets need replacing and which assets don't is through color labeling. Team projects reset labels each time I re-open the team project sequences.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have option to use proxies for faster export

Would save a lot of export time to have a "Use Proxies" option when exporting, rather than using original media. I am currently working with 8K R3D files and my export for a 10 minute clip takes almost 2 hours for a 1080 work in progress cut. Would much prefer a lower res output using proxies to save time.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Built-in option to delete media cache

There's a lot of problems where "delete your media cache" is the suggestion. There should be an option within Premiere to fully clear the cache rather than having to do it from Finder/Explorer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bug in captions/subtitles - can't use Export to Media Encoder with caption burn in enabled

It's a bug in your software, when exporting right out of Premiere it works to have the captions set to burn-in, if you choose Send to Media Encoder it will never work. No matter what you do you cannot get those captions / subtitles to burn in.

This is bad because it ties up your whole editing system just to export media one by one when you need burned in captions or subtitles.

12.0.0 build tested, bug everytime
    12.0.1 also has same issue

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to align text within a text box (not just aligning the box itself)

Currently in EG text boxes can be aligned within the sequence area. I have run into time where I am trying to center text within the top half or bottom half of the screen. Since there are no guides in Premiere, the easiest thing would be to make the text box the size of the area you want to center the text, and center the text within that box. Or align to the bottom, or whatever is needed. Adding the ability to create guides would solve this issue, but one should also have basic text control within the text box…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug - Audio intermittently muted until solo button activated and deactivated

Some audio tracks will intermittently stop playing back, however if you solo and unsolo a track (any audio track will do), the audio starts playing back as normal.

This started as of 12.1, and continues.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Some audio stops playing back.
    2. Solo an audio track.
    3. Unsolo that audio track.
    4. Sound plays back as expected.
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

The issue could occur when an audio track was muted in a sequence and then the v12.1.1 project was saved and closed. When you reopened the project, the UI for the sequence no longer showed the audio track as being muted as the UI reset the toggle to show it as on. When a user would play back the sequence , not all of the audio tracks would appear to play causing them to possibly think it was a caching issue or codec related issue. Premiere was actually playing the sequence back correctly as those tracks were muted from the previous save state but the UI bug caused the issue where there was no indication that the track was muted.

Solution: (the Fix)
    Once a v12.1.1 project shows this UI behavior it needs to be corrected and resaved. Note v12.1.2 will not correct this issue simply by opening the project…

9. Issue with Background color with Closed Captioning

Check the deities of the issue on Premiere pro-Forum -

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10343982#10343982

In ver 12.1.1 I was unable to change the background of the captions from transparent to opaque.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Markers on clips and timeline disappear, please fix!

I made the markers, saved and closed but then when I opened up premiere pro again they show for a second then disappear... please fix this!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. version 12.1.1 turns my 60i footage into 14.99fps. when i go back to 12.0.1 it processes the footage correctly to 30fps.

version 12.1.1 turns my 60i footage into 14.99fps. when i go back to 12.0.1 it processes the footage correctly to 30fps.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Projects open in new window option.

Option to open a second project in a new window, or like it does now, new panels mixed in with the current project. If I want to quickly open another project to get an export going, or make some quick changes, I don't want the chaos of multiple timelines and project bins all blended into the same window of panels. SHould be able to open it as if you are opening a new premiere pro app.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: Premiere Pro 2019 alpha channels not rendering transparent

clips with alpha channels in the timeline are not rendering transparent on export to Prorez 422

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProRes Export for WINDOWS

a lot of company's use ProRes as in house codec, so it's good to export ProRes ... from Windows

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can No Longer Import Elgato Game Capture HD MP4's

With the most recent update we are no longer able to import MP4 files rendered from our Elgato Game Capture devices.

See thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10330170/

Was advised to post here from this tweet: https://twitter.com/AdobeCare/status/986656431276470272

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Generating keyframes for audio ducking freezes premiere

Steps to Reproduce Bug:
    1. Set my music clip as audio track from Essential Sound panel.
    2. Hit auto-match and then enable ducking on dialog clips.
    3. Hit generate keyframes.

Results:
    Premiere freezes forever. Only solution is to kill the app from the task manager.

Expected Results:
    To work as intended.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 10 bit CODEC from Canon XF705

Support the new 10 bit CODEC from Canon XF705 Camera (month #6 we've been with you on this)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Canon XF705 HEVC-MXF 4K files have very choppy unusable playback even at 1/8 resolution

Thank you for including HEVC-MXF support in your recent update. However at 4K the files are still unusable, even at 1/8 resolution I get choppy playback (works fine at 1080) which means I can't edit. I have a 2 day old iMac Pro with upgraded memory, processors, and video cards.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base