Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12649 results found

1. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear your frustrations about color management and we are working on multiple improvements. 

I recently posted a note on Alister Chapman's excellent xdcam-user.com forum, in response to a post he'd made about color management in Premiere Pro. 

While my response doesn't go into details on our long term plans, it describes what we're doing in the short term to make handling of log footage easier. 

Here's what I wrote:

Hi all,

I’m a product manager at Adobe, on the video team. I thought I’d chime in to provide some info on what we’re doing.

Color management is not going away – quite the opposite. As HDR-capable cameras and displays are becoming the default, and shooting in log or raw is becoming the norm, color management is critical. Gone are the days of only Rec709, the one color space to rule them all.

You might have seen reports about HDR…

4. Need an "Analyze all" button for all Warp Stabilizer and Morph Cut effects in a Sequence

I very often modify clips later that have had Warp Stabilizer applied to them (especially when adding transitions to a sequence last). I then have to go back through very long sequences, perform an effects search, and manually click Analyze. It would be great if there was an "analyze all" button to analyze all effects in a sequence including Morph Cut. Thank you!

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG REPORT: Time remap of nested sequence results in black/empty video using GPU

Only work-around seems to be to switch to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" which is brutal with 4K nested sequences.

This has been discussed for years on the Adobe Forums
    https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=time%20remap%20nested%20sequence

but I did not find it listed here, so I am posting it now.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  63 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maintain folder structures on import

Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import!

Often I or an assistant editor will create a folder structure in the finder with empty folders to be populated with media later on in the production workflow (i.e. Final mix stems, color files, graphics). Currently if you import empty folders or folders with only one item in them, those empty folders disappear on import and the single item that was inside them is left outside any folder. This prevents planning and proper organization, and I'm not sure what the benefit of it is? Fewer folders? But I wanted those,…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  58 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For the Essential Graphics Text style, style preset windows like Legacy Title.

The style presets in the Legacy title were very easy to see and use.

The only way to display the Essential Graphics text styles is to show the icons in the project panel. We need a dedicated panel for styles that is easier to use.

The styles are managed on a project-by-project basis, so when you create a new project, the styles you've been using are no longer available.

Styles should be available at all times.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルのために、レガシータイトルのようなスタイルプリセットウインドウがほしい。

レガシータイトルのスタイルプリセットはすごく見やすくて、使いやすかった。

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルは、プロジェクトパネルにアイコン表示する方法しかない。もっと使いやすいスタイル専用のパネルが必要。

プロジェクトごとの管理なので、新規プロジェクトを作ると、今まで使っていたスタイルが使えなくなる。

スタイルはいつでもに使える状態にして欲しい。

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timeline Snap options

Right now the timeline Snap feature has no options - it works for all assets, and clips snap not to each other, but to TRANSITIONS, leaving gaps and unsynced layers, it's very annoying. Users have to manually check every clip for whether it snapped to other clip's border, or to it's transition border.

It would be great to have an option to disable Snap for transitions or for keyframes or for other types of assets, like we have in "Snap to" feature in Effect Controls panel.

Link to the discussion on Adobe forums https://forums.adobe.com/message/10377154

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Workspaces Panel changes are not saved

Changes made to the Workspaces Panel via "Window/Workspaces/Edit Workspaces.." are not saved after restarting Premiere.

Verified via the forms and with Adobe Community Professional.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enhance Markers Panel

The markers panel is missing a lot of useful functions. It could allow you to:

• delete markers
    • change the color of a marker
    • change the type of a marker

(without having to double-click)

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. proxy media and full resolution media must have matching audio channels

I feel like you should be able to attach proxies to full resolution media based on video and not just audio - I have hours worth of proxies that a DIT made and the audio channels don't match the source files so I can't connect them.
    I can do this the traditional way, working with proxies, until picture lock, unlinking and then re-linking to full resolution media, however I'd prefer to have both on hand in Premiere.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Arabic Typing in Montion Graphics Templates

Hello
    Please Support Arabic Typing in Montion Graphics Templates

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try out the current Premiere Pro Beta, which includes a universal Text Engine in Premiere Pro and After Effects. With this feature, there are no longer separate text engines for Latin/East Asian and Middle Eastern/South Asian found in the preferences. This means we no longer force the user to choose based on the script they want to use – all text layers should now be interchangeable.
    Also, the Paragraph Direction buttons in the Essential Graphics panel for graphics created in Premiere won’t ever be greyed out now so it is very easy to change any text layer between Left to Right and Right to Left as needed.
    You can find beta versions of apps in your Creative Cloud Desktop app. On the left, under Categories, click on Beta Apps. There you can install a separate version of Premiere Pro which does not overwrite your regular installation of Premiere Pro.…

18. Allow Audio Nesting

Currently audio will not nest. According to forums this is not a feature. Please enable audio nesting.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make it possible to register effects as "favorites" by default in the effects control panel

Please make it possible to register effects as "favorites" by default in the effects control panel

Effects Control Panel is where you want to register things you use frequently, like "crop".

エフェクトコントロールパネルに、エフェクトを「お気に入り」としてデフォルト登録できるようにしてほしい。

エフェクトの「クロップ」のように、頻繁に使うものを登録しておきたい!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  33 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base