Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. auto scene cut detection

It would be great to have an auto scene cut detection feature like in DaVinci Resolve. It would save a lot of time for working with a compilation of clips in the same video file, as well as give an upper hand for colouring footage straight in Premiere Pro. Being able to do apply this to a clip in the timeline would be supremely helpful.

102 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

101 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

101 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

4. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

100 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to use proxies or source clips when exporting

I use Premiere generated proxies with a baked in Rec709 LUT for my projects. For previews it would be nice to have the option to use these proxies and not the source clips when exporting.

Yes, you can choose to add a LUT in the export dialoge, but since I'm working with different cameras and log formats this is no option for me.

100 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Instant Auto Save

Premiere Pro needs the option to save every keystroke, every edit, every change we make in our project instantly and continuously to the hard drive so that crashes will never again cause lost work.

100 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. reveal in timeline

It'd be nice to have a feature just like the 'reveal in project' and 'reveal in finder' but 'reveal in timeline'. For example if you want to modify a clip but do not want to search it in your timeline.

98 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhance Markers Panel

The markers panel is missing a lot of useful functions. It could allow you to:

• delete markers

• change the color of a marker

• change the type of a marker

(without having to double-click)

96 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

95 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

95 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

95 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need an "Analyze all" button for all Warp Stabilizer and Morph Cut effects in a Sequence

I very often modify clips later that have had Warp Stabilizer applied to them (especially when adding transitions to a sequence last). I then have to go back through very long sequences, perform an effects search, and manually click Analyze. It would be great if there was an "analyze all" button to analyze all effects in a sequence including Morph Cut. Thank you!

93 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

90 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to replace Media without After Effects in *.mogrt templates

Ability to replace Media (like videos or photos) from Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro in *.mogrt templates

89 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  27 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

87 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Write Warp Stabilizer data to external file

Warp Stabilizer is known for its insane impact on project file size - right now I have a project with some stabilized footage, and the project file size is 850 MEGABYTES. It's crazy, and now imagine this thing autosaves every 10 minutes - it takes about a minute just to save it. This makes this plugin unusable. And the solution is pretty simple - keep stbilization data outsude of the project file, like other stabilization plugins do. The plugin should create an external file for stabilization data in the project folder, and update it only when reanalyzing footage. I guess…

87 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove proxies

An option to remove proxies from clips. Otherwise the only choice is to delete the proxies, but then the program is constantly bugging you for them when you relaunch. I'm having an issue where I replaced proxy files with new transcodes, but the system still shows them at the wrong size in the timeline (match framing shows them as they should be). I'd love to be able to simply delete the originals and start over, but it isn't possible.

85 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
    While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

20. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

81 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base