Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Zooming into monitors using ALT + scroll

The ability to zoom into the program/source monitor by ALT + scrolling into the specific location of the pointer (like in Photoshop and Illustrator). You can already do this in the timeline, but in the monitor for some reason this doesn't work

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT

It would be extremely useful to be able to keyframe the controls in Premiere Pro for a MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) created in After FX. I create a template in AFX, add it to CC libraries, I can import this into Premiere and adjust the controls, but I can't keyframe them. This would take the power of MOGRT's to a whole new level.

I have extensively documented the process I'm trying to do here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/255599

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save thumbnails cache for project panel thumbnail view

The processing of thumbs at each opening of the project is really distressing. I would like to have the option to save these metadata at disk for faster start.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient

New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient. Please go back to the drawing board on these "new features" they do not help content creators.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG REPORT: Time remap of nested sequence results in black/empty video using GPU

Only work-around seems to be to switch to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" which is brutal with 4K nested sequences.

This has been discussed for years on the Adobe Forums
    https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=time%20remap%20nested%20sequence

but I did not find it listed here, so I am posting it now.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need an "Analyze all" button for all Warp Stabilizer and Morph Cut effects in a Sequence

I very often modify clips later that have had Warp Stabilizer applied to them (especially when adding transitions to a sequence last). I then have to go back through very long sequences, perform an effects search, and manually click Analyze. It would be great if there was an "analyze all" button to analyze all effects in a sequence including Morph Cut. Thank you!

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Timeline Snap options

Right now the timeline Snap feature has no options - it works for all assets, and clips snap not to each other, but to TRANSITIONS, leaving gaps and unsynced layers, it's very annoying. Users have to manually check every clip for whether it snapped to other clip's border, or to it's transition border.

It would be great to have an option to disable Snap for transitions or for keyframes or for other types of assets, like we have in "Snap to" feature in Effect Controls panel.

Link to the discussion on Adobe forums https://forums.adobe.com/message/10377154

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Workspaces Panel changes are not saved

Changes made to the Workspaces Panel via "Window/Workspaces/Edit Workspaces.." are not saved after restarting Premiere.

Verified via the forms and with Adobe Community Professional.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  61 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enhance Markers Panel

The markers panel is missing a lot of useful functions. It could allow you to:

• delete markers
    • change the color of a marker
    • change the type of a marker

(without having to double-click)

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Arabic Typing in Montion Graphics Templates

Hello
    Please Support Arabic Typing in Montion Graphics Templates

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try out the current Premiere Pro Beta, which includes a universal Text Engine in Premiere Pro and After Effects. With this feature, there are no longer separate text engines for Latin/East Asian and Middle Eastern/South Asian found in the preferences. This means we no longer force the user to choose based on the script they want to use – all text layers should now be interchangeable.
    Also, the Paragraph Direction buttons in the Essential Graphics panel for graphics created in Premiere won’t ever be greyed out now so it is very easy to change any text layer between Left to Right and Right to Left as needed.
    You can find beta versions of apps in your Creative Cloud Desktop app. On the left, under Categories, click on Beta Apps. There you can install a separate version of Premiere Pro which does not overwrite your regular installation of Premiere Pro.…

18. reveal in timeline

It'd be nice to have a feature just like the 'reveal in project' and 'reveal in finder' but 'reveal in timeline'. For example if you want to modify a clip but do not want to search it in your timeline.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Preview the Color Label Options

Display small color swatches next to the name of each color label in the context menu. It's not easy to remember the difference between Caribbean and Cerulean!

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to remove new Header Bar (22.3) from window

I'm a shortcuts person, and I like customizability. Please make the new Header Bar feature of Version 22.3 optional. I have no use for any of the buttons or information on the header, all of which are redundant and can be accessed either through the toolbar or via keyboard shortcuts. I appreciate that the Header may be convenient for new Premiere users, but for power users it is wasted screen real estate.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base