Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Premiere 14.0.1 Playback preference changes after application restart

PP 14.0.1, OSX 10.14.6

Preferences/Playback/Audio Device - set this to Blackmagic playback.

All is good.

Leave project, restart Premiere and the Audio Device has changed to Adobe Desktop Audio.

The preference needs to not reset on application restart.

Note that this bug was in 14.0.0 but was not fixed in the 14.0.1 update. This bug has been independently verified on different Mac hardware.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you test updates before launching them? Community would really appreciate it.

Support for H.265 D-log for DJI drones is all the sudden not supported and I have to convert in Encoder to import my clips now.

Crashing all the time now, I have lost over 4 hours of work at this point due to random crashing since I updated to the 13.1.3

I pay over $50 a month to you guys to get this right, my work relies on this.

Are you guys ever going to get yourselves together or are you going to wait till Davinci Eclipses you and everyone leaves? They are on the edge of killing adobe for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do test, thanks.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

3. Data linking in MOGRTs for Premiere Pro broken

data driven workflows no longer work in Premiere Pro since 13.1.x releases.

MOGRTs exported from After Effects containing tsv data no longer pass data values when being read by Premiere Pro.

Premiere can see the data layer and see the values in the data layer when browsing the data. but none of the values are used by the MOGRT in the timeline. All examples of data in MOGRTs from AE 16.1.x are no longer working in PP.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prores bug on OSX using ExFat exernal drives

I found a bug on at least High Sierra and Mojave in all versions of Premiere Pro 13.x (2019), which happens when trying to edit prores files off an external hard drive. If the hard drive is formatted as ExFat, your timeline playback grinds virtually to a halt, and editing is impossible. As soon as the same project is copied to a drive formatted to MacOS Journalled, it plays normally.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There is font sync error in the News Intro. I cannot edit the text layer in this preset for size.

Please address the font sync errors. I cannot resize the font or change it within the News presets from Essential Graphics.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug report

Upon convert a team project to a regular project, I have random files that became unlinked. When trying to relink them, the file name has change to something like id:locator ...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. h264 obsolete or oversight????

You don't support exporting the h.264 codec any more??? Are you kidding me? I updated my software in the middle of a project (like an idiot) and now I have to use a second program to export my final assets to the desired masters. dv25 and dv50 are going to be the future I see???? What's going on down there?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. keep the characteristics of the formatted text

After I set the font, size, edge, color, alignment, etc. on open captions, I export it as a new .srt file and I import this new file into the same project, or a new project on another computer and all the formatting is gone. It is very painfully to do it all over again every time - color, the size, the font etc. I even tried to open the same project in which I did the formatting on another computer, and the formatting goes back to default. Please fix this. Also, I get this bug both on windows 10 and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Productions - Project Locked After Crash

The Productions panel says a project is locked after I was working on it and Premiere experienced a random crash. I'm editing a half-hour program with 10 TB of footage, so I love being able to split up my project files with Premiere Productions to reduce the overall amount of crashes. However, this bug is pretty annoying when it says a project is locked because "zack" is working on it. I'm Zack, and I'd love to be working on it, but can't because it's locked.

Specs:
    Premiere Pro: 14.3
    Mac Pro (2019)
    16 Cores, 96 GB ram, Radeon Pro Vega…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't find crash logs for Premiere 14.1?

Hi! I wanted to see if I could get a hand finding my crash logs?

I'm in the process of developing a PR panel and it would be incredibly useful to have access to.

I've spent a lot of time researching for where I can find any sort of crash logs, but have had no success.

This path leads to a dead end for me at LogTransport. (See SS attached)
    I have hidden files turned on.

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨[Your Username] ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Logs⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨LogTransport⁩ ▸ ⁨Archive⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro [brand version e.g.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Productions - Disable project-locking for media imports?

I am very excited to implement Productions into my collaborative Premiere workflow. This Adobe article describes perfectly the Media Project > Timeline Projects hierarchy I wish to implement: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/how-clips-work-inside-production.html

^ This article does NOT address how editors working simultaneously can import media into the production, in the likely event that another editor currently has that Media Project open. In order to keep ALL MEDIA in one dedicated project, I feel project-locking would need to be disabled for that project. Otherwise, editors would be constantly opening and closing the MEDIA PROJECT to import assets along the way.

MY DREAM is to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bug report in pr 2020

IN WIN10: Using the Red Giant universe3.2.2 plug-in in pr2020, I can directly drag to add an effect, but when I select open dashboard in the effect control and double-click to add a detailed preset, pr2020 will instantly crash, and the new old title will cause "Low Level Exception Occurred in: Adobe Player "At this time I use GPU acceleration, when I switch to only software accelerated rendering, the material will be normal

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere is not linking to Audition

Attempting to edit sequence from Premiere in Audition leaves you with a blank page in Audition. This must be a glitch and needs to be addressed!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After Effects text disappears when changed in Premiere

After Effects text disappears when it is changed in Premiere. I've tried this on multiple PCs and the same thing happens. I've talked to support and the same thing happens on their computer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Y’all!

I’ve been sitting on the news of this fix with bated breath for what feels like an eternity. We’ve gone live with the latest release of Premiere Pro version 14.0.2 and Live Text Template workflows are back in action!

Apologies for the disruption in your workflows and thanks so much for your patience!
    Dacia

16. "MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。

"MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。
    下記の条件に全てあてはまると再現します。
    ・元の値は小数点が含まれていて、入力した値が整数である。
    ・元の値と入力する値は、四捨五入すると同じ値の整数になる。

(例)
    元の値  (入力値)  返される値
    1.4 (1) 1.4
    1.5 (2) 1.5
    1.6 (2) 1.6

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Motion graphic template's outro animation stops working after reloading project

As a motion design template I use an after effects composition with responsive design segments - intro and outro. When I reload the project in Premiere Pro,the outro animation disappears and my motion graphic ends with a regular cut. This problem exists since the beginning of Motion Graphic template's functionality.

Also, this problem appears when I cut a template's clip into two pieces - each piece doesn't have a new outro/intro, but it starts/ends with a regular cut. Once I loose an intro/outro segment, there is no way to get it back, other than dropping a new template on a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 has new functionality to help resolve issues that happen when the retiming of a Responsive Time Mogrt gets out of whack.

We’ve added a new function called “Reset Duration” in the Graphics top bar menu, which will use the length of the track item in the timeline as the single source of truth for how long the Mogrt should be retimed to. So if anything ends too early all you have to do is select the Mogrt in the timeline, use the Reset Duration command in the top bar Graphics menu, and voila!

This will also work with multiple selections at a time.
    No more manual re-trimming or redundant work.
    And will work when you slice a Responsive Time Mogrt in half. Both halves will become whole when using Reset Duration.

The primary source…

18. edit Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

Create editable Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

This way, you can change your mind about a title or subtitle after the fact, change the style, and it will reflect everywhere that style is used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Importing individual PSD layers with transparency are corrupted within Premiere 13.1.5

I have multiple layers within a photoshop PSD file with different drawings on a transparent background. In my case, using different mouth drawings to animate within Premiere.

Upon importing the individual layers within Premiere, the files display completely corrupted. See attached screenshots.

Tried deleting the caches of Premiere and Photoshop, tried restarting, tried re-installing both programs.

Importing these individual layers within After Effects works fine, but not within Premiere. I have been using this workflow successfully for years, and only within the past few weeks has it been a problem.

I'm working on a Mac using Mojave.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: ProRes wrong colors in MOGRTs

When importing MOGRTS that use ProRes encoded Assets, the Assets look washed out (brighter) than they are supposed to. Importing the ProRes file directly in Premiere does not lead to this problem.

This breaks some MOGRTS of mine, some of them actively selling on Adobe Stock so this is a big inconvenience for Adobe Stock customers and should be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base