Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do use our own software, thanks!

If you’d like help with those major issues, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

2. Render & Replace should include effects

There should be another Render & Replace function that operates like how Freeze effects work in other applications.

It would be the equivalent to marking a section of your timeline, exporting it, re-importing it, and replacing it on the timeline. But it would also have a function to return to the original clip (so we don't have to keep the disabled original on another track) and would also include an option to choose to delete the "frozen" clip from the drive if we no longer want it.

This would solve so many issues with stacking effects, export errors, and would…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows ProRes encoding

Cineform is nice, but ProRes is still inescapable and necessary, sometimes specifically required as a deliverable. What would it take to get ProRes encoding on Windows?

I'm talking about real ProRes, not a reverse engineered ffmpeg/miraizon type.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ADD UNDERLINE OPTION TO ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS

Underlining text is one of the most basic tools and clients request this ALL THE TIME (I do video editing for research reports) – how is this still not an option????????

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve captions-tool.

The captions-tool is now only for when the edit is definitely locked. What if the sequence needs to be changed after the caption-file is made? If a new scene is spliced in, we need to move all textcaps, making room for the new ones. But now we can only move them one by one, in stead of selecting many text-caps and move them all in one operation. (Using two or more caption-clips in one sequence is very buggy.)

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adaptive noise reduction effect

The adaptive noise reduction effect doesn't correct the beginning of the audio clip.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now officially available.

You can gain access to this feature via the Essential Sound Panel in Premiere Pro, but it is also available as an Effect that you can add to your footage manually.

The same Effect has been implemented with the latest version of Audition, if you send your sequence to Audition for audio sweetening, it’s a non-destructive setting that is completely transparent to Audition and it remains fully adjustable.

Here’s an overview of what else is new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:
    https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere/features.html

Thanks for your feedback – keep it coming!

Cheers,
    Patrick

7. Proper color management for P3 displays

Colors appear incorrect on wide gamut displays such as the iMac 5K. Please implement proper color management as already exists in Photoshop and After Effects.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. audio hardware

Please add default audio output to match window system audio output devices options.

That will be useful for some users like me. when I switch my audio output devices on windows, PR will use the same device for audio output.

win 10, PR CC2018 v12.0.1

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Canon XF705 (MXF) file format

Please allow Premiere Pro to accept the Canon XF705 (MXF) file format. It's H.265 HEVC. Over a month since release, with no ability to edit.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  74 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track"

This is NOT "COMPLETED". The problem still persists with this latest build. Please, please get this thing sorted. This program is becoming worse than useless for professionals.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Apple's new Afterburner card for ProRes acceleration.

Support for Apple's new Afterburner card please. The new Mac Pro is build for the community Adobe wants, so it would be a wise to support the Afterburner card..

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Close Other Projects

Now that we can open multiple projects, it would be nice to be able to close all other projects. Currently you can either close the current one, or all projects.

Could work similarly to the Close other Timeline Panels function.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. font for MOGRT

Please allow us to change font for the MOGRT That come from AE

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can author a new segment in any MOGRT that can allow for changing font characteristics. Note that this requires exisitng MOGRTs to be updated with this functionality if it’s desired, and that it can be turned off in AE if you’d like to make sure the user of a MOGRT in Premiere Pro stays on brand.

Here’s an overview of what’s new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:

Cheers,
    Patrick

14. Why are we using User Voice for Bugs?

Why are we using User Voice now for Bugs? If there odd ball bugs no one ever votes for them . Keep new features and bug tracking separate.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds great to us! :)

If you can reproduce a given problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

15. The selected Lumetri "layer" will connect to the controls in the effects panel.

If you select a Lumetri Color Effect, in the Video Effect Window, the corresponding inputs and values should populate into the Lumetri Color Window.

Currently, the sliders and controls in the Lumetri Color panel will only link up to the bottom-most Lumetri color effect in the video effects panel. However, this isn't the best workflow because if you have a number Lumetri effects applied to the same video clip then you have to keep rearranging layers if you want to access the sliders in the Lumetri Color Window. (And yes I know you can open up the effect and access…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now select from multiple Lumetri layers directly from within the Lumetri Panel. It’s also possible to add new layers from the same menu, and you can rename them as well.

Here’s an overview of what’s new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:

Cheers,
    Patrick

16. Bug report:: BIN filter greyed out in Project Window v12.1.1

After upgrade to v12.1.1, the filter bin is greyed out in Project window.
    - Tried to clean up cache but doesn't resolve this issue.
    - create Search bin works.
    - All my projects have this issue. It was working normally but somehow, it is not working now.
    - Create a new project and which contain only one video file, has the same issue.

My system Win 10 x64.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Postscript fonts don't work after updating to 12.1.0 (Build186)

After updating to Premiere 12.1.0 (Build186) as well as After Effects 15.1.0 (Build 166) postscript fonts are not recognized in either application.

I should know better than to update in the middle of a project, but seeing as it was only a point release, I thought I was safe. What gives Adobe?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import multiple .mogrts, add a group of .mogrts to a library instead of one by one

1. Can only import one .mogrt at a time. I just bought a pack from Motion Array with 17 type templates, and had to import one at a time

2. Once they were all imported into my overly cluttered EG panel (without the folders or list view it used to have), I tried grouping all the added templates and doing right click > add to library. Didn't work! Can only do one at a time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix latest sound bug which mutes soundtracks randomly when Premiere is opened.

This bug has been reported by lots of people including me. When the latest version of PP is opened, some soundtracks are randomly muted and can only be enabled by clicking 'solo' twice. Hence before exporting it's necessary to check that every soundtrack is working. This is a new bug. Please don't keep adding more features if you introduce more bugs. It wastes too much time.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base