Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!

237 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

59 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track mixer - Add ability to save mixer states, create presets, and copy effects between slots and tracks

-Save mixer state - either as a preset or open a dialog box to copy it to another sequence

-Create & save presets for the track mixer effects

-Drag/copy track effects to a different slot or separate track.

236 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  50 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

221 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

4. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

218 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

5. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

206 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. P. Pro not using correct graphics card

Myself and others have found that P. Pro is not using the correct graphics card when exporting. I understand that not all export material is exported using the graphics card, and that exporting is a highly CPU entistive process, but we have found that the program will use the integrated graphics. Even the P. Pro GPUSniffer lists the dedicated graphics card first in the command prompt, but the integrated graphics is still used. More information and troubleshooting steps that have been talked can be found in the following forum/link.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10369694#10369694

192 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. multiple projects

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Open a Project

2. Open another project

3. Look at your screen

Results:

Multiple projects are open and it is very difficult to understand which project is which. It is much too easy to close the wrong project or affect an asset in the wrong project. Many users complain that the workspaces also change when if this is a workflow you want people to use then the workspace should stay the same throughout. A few suggestions:

1. Let the user disable this feature. It does not make sense for all of your users.

2. Make the highlighted/active project very obvious.…

181 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

167 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

161 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please DO NOT eliminate the Legacy Title creator in future updates.

Adobe tends to update with only the highly skilled pro in mind. But there are many advanced amateurs like me who DO NOT want to lose Legacy Title creator.

160 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  86 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

159 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to save audio track effect presets.

Ability to save audio track effect presets.

147 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Proxy workflow - interpret footage

Please make the "interpret footage" feature pass down from hi-res native footage to attached proxies. For example, if native camera footage is interpreted from 60fps down to 23.976fps, then the 60fps Premiere-generated proxies should be interpreted that way as well.

146 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CinemaDNG

Premiere Pro does not properly support CinemaDNG media. For starters, not all versions can be imported, specifically the media coming from the Blackmagic Ursa cameras.

But even for the versions that can be imported, support for the format is still lacking to the point of unusability.

The Media Browser will not see all the clips at the same time. We're forced to go into every individual clip folder for import duties. This is untenable.

The RAW controls available are limited to Temp, Tint and Exposure. The controls that are possible and must be implemented are:

White Balance
    Color Space
    Gamma …

137 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

136 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Zooming into monitors using ALT + scroll

The ability to zoom into the program/source monitor by ALT + scrolling into the specific location of the pointer (like in Photoshop and Illustrator). You can already do this in the timeline, but in the monitor for some reason this doesn't work

135 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to replace Media without After Effects in *.mogrt templates

Ability to replace Media (like videos or photos) from Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro in *.mogrt templates

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  39 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to use proxies or source clips when exporting

I use Premiere generated proxies with a baked in Rec709 LUT for my projects. For previews it would be nice to have the option to use these proxies and not the source clips when exporting.

Yes, you can choose to add a LUT in the export dialoge, but since I'm working with different cameras and log formats this is no option for me.

120 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

114 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Workspaces Panel changes are not saved

Changes made to the Workspaces Panel via "Window/Workspaces/Edit Workspaces.." are not saved after restarting Premiere.

Verified via the forms and with Adobe Community Professional.

114 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base