Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

446 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color Coded Sequence Tabs

Being able to color code tabs when you have multiple sequences open.

237 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

127 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zooming into monitors using ALT + scroll

The ability to zoom into the program/source monitor by ALT + scrolling into the specific location of the pointer (like in Photoshop and Illustrator). You can already do this in the timeline, but in the monitor for some reason this doesn't work

125 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Workspaces Panel changes are not saved

Changes made to the Workspaces Panel via "Window/Workspaces/Edit Workspaces.." are not saved after restarting Premiere.

Verified via the forms and with Adobe Community Professional.

108 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

89 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Preview the Color Label Options

Display small color swatches next to the name of each color label in the context menu. It's not easy to remember the difference between Caribbean and Cerulean!

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

70 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CALCULATOR TIMECODE

It is always necessary in TV work, the duration of several blocks of a program to match the programming times. I think that implementing a calculator in Premiere would be very useful.

Siempre es necesario en trabajos de TV medir la duración de distintos bloques de un programa para cuadrar con los tiempos de programación. Creo que implementar una calculadora en Premiere sería muy útil.

58 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Modernize The Syncing Workflow With A Sync Panel

The syncing workflow could use a major facelift.

Merging Clips is a destructive form of syncing that just doesn't work that well. They also cause many problems in the conform and if sync is off they need to be completely redone, causing headaches and manual replacement throughout the project. Sometimes they bug out when you bring merged clips in fro another project and certain tracks get out of sync.

There is also the create multicamera source sequence which doesn't tell you this is the preferred method to sync clips. The negatives are that it is a cumbersome dialogue box with…

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Close Other Projects

Now that we can open multiple projects, it would be nice to be able to close all other projects. Currently you can either close the current one, or all projects.

Could work similarly to the Close other Timeline Panels function.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to remove the audio clip icon overlays for L, R, Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.

These are constantly covering up the waveforms, making it difficult to edit audio, unless you zoom in and/or increase the track height.
    Here's in image to show just how troublesome this can be:
    https://i.imgur.com/QwzkSeO.png

The ideal solution would also have an associated shortcut, for easy toggling on/off, just as we have for audio track names.

This is item 96 on my spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A keyboard shortcut to ONLY delete transitions

Currently, the only way to delete transitions is to zoom in and manually, carefully select them, one at a time, while holding SHIFT, and then pressing delete.
    It would be far easier to just be able to select clips normally, and then hit one key that only deletes the transitions on those clips, while leaving everything else intact.
    Technically, the Palette Gear does have this feature (they put it in at my request) but that's the only way to get it, currently.

This is item #5 in my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Team projects for all full CC licenses.

I currently have a Creative Cloud One year Membership in which I can't utilize team projects. I work in collaboration with other editors but we live in different areas and finance our own equipment and software. We all have full CC memberships but can't collaborate efficiently.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. cursor disappears

Our news dept just switched over to multiple seats of Premiere Pro. They are regularly experiencing a bug that I have found online evidence that dates back to at least 2016. The visible cursor intermittently disappears. It works elsewhere within Windows 10 however is not visible within Premiere. Only a restart of Premiere restores the cursor. We have not been able to identify a pattern to causes the cursor to react this way. This alone is rated the highest irritant of using Premiere when they were polled for their reaction to Premiere after 2 weeks of use.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. my mouse disappears when using lumetri in premiere pro cc 2018

BUG: my mouse disappears when using lumetri in premiere pro cc 2018

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base