Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix issue of workspace customization not saving

Workspace options i set to appear set to be hidden does not save. Even if you delete the workspaces you'd like to appear in the bar, when you reopen the program, the bar reverts to the default workspace customization of everything included

58 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow keyboard shortcuts for effects

I would like the ability to make keyboard shortcuts for various effects that I commonly use. The same way that there is a ‘default transition’ shortcut.

Thanks!
    Will

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This Action Will Delete Existing Keyframes warning... WHY?

Why is there a pop up warning when deleting keyframes in Premiere 'Pro'. Are Pro users not savvy enough to know what they're doing and need a warning EVERY SINGLE TIME we delete keyframes?

There is no warning like this in After Effects. Why in Premiere?

I've requested this be removed since CS5. How does this annoying pop-up still exist?

At least give a preference toggle to turn this off. Seriously.

Over 7 yrs, come on Adobe! Give your Pro users the benefit of the doubt in this 'Pro' application. YES I KNOW I AM DELETING KEYFRAMES.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/801578

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Space, Gamma and HDR

Premiere Pro needs to ability to set the Color Space and Gamma of individual sequences. Rec 709 for HD, Rec 2020 for UHD, P3 for Cinema work, etc.

There does need to an an HDR switch for Color Spaces that support it.

Mercury Transmit needs to respect those settings and output without alteration or conversion.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. be able to change the default marker color

It would be very helpful to be able to change the default marker color

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ligature

Please add an option to turn on or off ligatures into the various text edit controls. Currently:
    The caption tool has ligatures turned on when importing a file and reportedly ligatures off if entering new text. No option to toggle.
    The new title tools has ligatures turned on and no option to toggle.
    The Legacy Title tool has ligatures turned off and no way option to toggle.
    The use of ligatures or not as desired in a consistent way requires workarounds particularly when it comes to captions, diminishing the usability of the caption feature.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10585290#10585290

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Autosave when idle for 30 seconds

Avid doesn't interrupt you when you're working in order to autosave.

You can select an autosave of, for instance, 5 minutes in preferences, which means at the 5 minute mark it will wait to be idle before autosaving.
    A second 'force autosave' preference is available. If you set that to say, 10 minutes, it would stop you working (like Premiere) and force an autosave.
    It is so annoying to be away from your desk only to sit down and get an autosave.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Second auto-save location

Would love to be able to set two locations for auto-save files. We keep our team in sync by saving into a synched Dropbox folder, which works perfectly - however, for added backup some editors like to keep copies of their projects in an unsynched folder on their own backup drive as well. It would bring us peace of mind to have projects automatically backing up in that optional second location.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ease In & Out Hotkey Option

Hi, please add the option to set Hotkeys for Ease In and Ease Out of Keyframes! I don't know how many hours of my life this has allready cost me, always having to right click and chose Ease In or Out! PLEASE make it happen!

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The option to have keyframes use linear spatial interpolation by default, instead of auto beizer!

After Effects has this option, and for good reason! Auto bezier leads to all sorts of unintentional movement. This is especially newb-unfriendly.
    This is Unique ID 148 on my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. An option to leave the folders in the effects panel the way they are after closing a project

I hate that I have to reopen all my most important folders in the panel every time I reopen a project.

I realize that some users might prefer having them all closed at default, so having this as an option rather than a permanent feature would probably be better.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workspaces not working

Saved Workspaces do not work in Premiere Pro. When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

It was suggested that I file a bug report.

Here's the original thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2514315

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.

System requirements, especially ideal loading of memory increased from 2019.
    It is a pity that it only works on high spec machines.
    There are many reports that the response at the time of reproduction has become extremely bad.
    Especially when editing the AVCHD material with a long length, the response becomes severe.
    This is worse than the previous version, so the user's reputation is very bad.
    I'm still convinced that the newly added function is bad response, but it is quite hard for the user if the general function that did not have a problem with the previous version got…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a way to change the default pen line parameter in the sequence

Right now, it defaults to opacity. When I have a sequence come in that is needs heavy remapping, then I have to right click on every fx box on the clips and change it to time remapping. Over time this adds quite a bit and it would be cool to have a global parameter change that would allow to change all clips at once to time remapping instead of opacity. Then you could bounce between the two.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for sharing custom sequence settings

Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for importing or sharing custom-made sequence settings with other people. This would be similar to the import preset button in the Export window. It would help for sharing a custom-made sequence preset with a group of people.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base