Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

38 results found

1. Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

• Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
    • In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
    • iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines. Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)
    558 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi all, 

I'm closing this issue. The reason is that since this post was first created, we have made major improvements in how we use available hardware and, in particular, GPUs. Common video codecs are now GPU accelerated and we regularly add more. (For example, AVC Intra in v23; ARRIRAW in v23.1.)

Improving performance is ongoing work and it's work that has a high priority for us. If you've got specific areas you would like to see improvement in (e.g., particular video formats or processor types), please create a new idea. 

Thanks,

Fergus

2. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. what is the official standpoint on multithreading / multicore?

i just had contact with support regarding super slow rendering times – they referred me here.
    i convert an h264 to a cropped png sequence, no effects applied (except the cropping).
    if i do this in premiere or ae, it takes at least 2 hours and only utilises a fraction of my cpu. if i do the very same operation via ffmpeg (cli), it's done in less then 7 minutes. attached you'll find screenshots of the two procedures, note the render times (as said, same task, same machine, same result).

is this expected behaviour (because cc simply does not work…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix whatever makes Premiere randomly crash constantly

SO sick of Premiere crashing. It is seemingly random so I cannot give any specific reasons.
    Sometimes I haven't touched anything and the whole thing just closes (doesn't freeze, just disappears as if the program isn't open).
    Sometimes it freezes while just hitting the space bar, sometimes when I save it crashes ie. it doesn't save and I lose everything!

As of the last update it hasn't been saving properly either (I have autosave set to 10mins but also manually do it constantly) so I have lost hours of work and a whole head of hair. It's doing my head…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  5. Poor Performance in Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.1 and 12.1.1) with ProRes footage

Full report is detailed here: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/Poor-Performance-in-Premiere-Pro-CC-2018-Ver-12-1-X-with-ProRes-footage-1150/

The short of it is that with the 12.1.0 and 12.1.1 versions of Premiere Pro, I'm seeing up to 35% longer export times and up to twice as many dropped frames during live playback with ProRes 422 HQ and 4444 footage compared to version 12.0.1. As far as troubleshooting, here are the steps I have already gone through:

1) Reinstalled Premiere Pro
    2) Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (and Premiere Pro again)
    3) Reset Premiere Pro preferences
    4) Created fresh .prproj files
    5) Tried older GPU drivers (397.31, 390.77, and 388.71)
    6) Tried both a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  6. improve stability and performance - 2018 crashes constantly and is extremely slow

clicking on the color tab crashes permiere pro 2-18.1.1

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  7. Crash every time I switch work space to "Color" workspace

Crash every time I switch work space to "Color" workspace

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  8. Bugs on the new Premiere Pro update

Hey guys,

So I recently did the new Premiere Pro update through the CC app , and ever since , stuff like this have been happening:

Every time I render graphs , either png files, psd or even jpeg , they come like if they were inverted or something.

Files come like they were overlayed ad they are not on the original project

In addition, I'm not able to import any avi or quicktime animation files , which is weird

Any ideas?
    It's been a nightmare to be honest

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  9. Every **** update you break something. You could improve PPro by not improving it. Like not breaking my GoPro shots

Your 12.1 "update" has broken functionality for Apple XDCAM EX files...they do not re-link properly. FIX THIS, DAMMIT!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  10. Update 2018

The 2018 04 Update copletely F***** up ProRes playback on my Windows 10 Zbook Studio G3.
    It's completely unusable right now

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro CC 2019

Premiere Pro CC 2019 wont read video clips like 2018 version. What has changed with the system and is there a future update to smooth the the thins up Same video clips run on Da Vinci Resolve smoothly but not the CC 2019.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  12. fix render bugs

Fix render error when adding mattes or overlays to timeline. I keep getting artifacts and extra video bugs everytime I add a matte or a crop to my video. It does this on export and sometimes on playback. Cannot get around it. Please fix!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FASTER

Premiere needs performance improvements, especially into the exporting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to fix issue with searching imported project assets in Premiere CC 13.0.2 (Windows 10)

SEARCH BAR: Search lags or fails to produce results when searching connected media. This is causing major delays in production due to having to locate assets manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Pro not working in High Sierra for Imac (LATE 2014)

premiere is not responding. Will load projects, but seemingly overnight the workflow went from fantastic to unworkably slow

Have taken computer to Apple support for hardware and software wellness check and there is no issue with the machine.

steps to resolve: ( we have tried so far)
    -Uninstalled, reinstalled program.
    -Updated to most recent version
    - check connection to media of Raid speed (very good - works great in other Adobe programs, AE, PS)
    -Used Adobe Cleaner to Uninstall Creative Cloud and wipeout any lingering Adobe drivers, installers etc. THEN reinstalled premiere .
    -reset computer to factory settings and deleted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. April Update:

April Update: Very strange glitches happening with 3rd party .mov alpha channel files

I have recently been using alpha channel .mov files from third party sites in some edits within Premiere. So far, I will experience very random glitching with these files such as frames from other clips bleeding onto them and overall flickering. This also is happening in After Effects as well. I have found a workaround for now which is to transcode the files with a different alpha friendly codec. A fix for this ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere is sooooo laggy on Apple MBPro M1 Max 64GB

For some reason (seen this on other forums) Premiere cannot handle even the simplest editing without lagging HORRIBLY on the new M1 Max on my MB Pro which is spec'd out with max memory.

Davinci handles even the most complex clips with effects and color grading flawlessly, I don't understand why Premiere is so buggy it is the biggest headache, I'm doing simple text overlays and I want to chuck the whole thing in the trash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

Hi Jon,

This is definitely not expected and not what we're seeing with most customers. Here are a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure you're using the latest version of Premiere Pro - that's v22.2.

2. Delete your media cache: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

3. Temporarily disable plug-ins and extensions by moving them out of their folder and putting them in a folder on your desktop. Plug-ins are here: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore; extensions are here: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/Extensions

You should be getting excellent performance and if not, I'm sure it's something we can help with.

Regards,

Fergus

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FIX PROGRAM VIEW WINDOW CRASH!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I tried using premier in the last month the program view window froze within minutes. Everything else was fine like I was able to make changes to timeline but I couldn't see any of those changes. The only way to fix it was to close the whole program then reopen which took more than 20 mins to close saying the program wasn't responding then finally giving me the close program option. Then when I opened it again I had the same issue after a few minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you encountered this problem. There's nothing actionable in your post; if you can reliably reproduce the "program window freezing" issue, please give us step-by-step instructions on how you're able to do so, and we'll pursue the issue further.

20. Please make synchronize (by audio) and audio peak file generation multi-threaded processes.

Please make audio processing multi-threaded. Currently, generating peak files, synchronizing by audio, and rendering audio tracks are all single processor tasks, which makes these tasks really slow even on blazing fast multi-core machines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base