Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

2. Premiere eats all RAM and processing power, more than its limited to in settings. 2019-2020.

I'm sure it's posted here often but want to make sure this is a primary focus for Adobe. Premiere 2019/2020 devours all RAM on my system (32GB, Mac, 10.14.6), even when it's supposed to be limited to X amount of allotted RAM. Leaving RAM for other applications does nothing and it completely takes over my computer. What is Premiere doing in the background that it takes all my machine's memory and power to process? Can we see these background processes? This happens every single time Premiere is opened even if it's the same project. What is happening? Please immediately fix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s some strange behavior!
    What setting are you using (in PPro Prefs —> Memory), for “RAM reserved for other applications”?
    What other applications are running?
    Do you have any third party extensions or plug-ins installed, and in use?
    About “a normal quit takes up to 20 minutes before the program actually closes”: During that time, PPro is properly releasing all the memory it used during the session. The fact that it’s taking that long suggests a problem with the actual memory, and/or some additional software interacting/interfering with PPro.

3. Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable.

Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DO NOT USE YET 14.3--> Catalina 10.15.5 Crashing with fresh install...

After almost 18 hours of troubleshoothing came to the conclusion that the latest update to premiere pro 14.3 is VERY buggy with the latest Catalina 10.15.5 update. DO NOT USE YET

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere 2019 and 2020 use all computer RAM and processing power even when set otherwise.

Even if you set X amount of RAM for other applications Premiere still uses everything.

Can someone please answer me as to why this is happening and what is being done to fix it? I'm one of many users experiencing this issue. Mac Mojave 10.14.6, Premiere 13.1.5 > Present. 32GB RAM.

This issue is happening to people with 64GB of RAM too, just using way too much and it completely locks up our machines.

What is the solve to fix this? If its an obvious well known solve please let me know here. Would appreciate it greatly, I've lost hours…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better Servers for Team Projects. Currently they SuuUUUCK! Teams is a great concept but it just doesn't work 50% of the time. Lame

Get TEams to actually work. A great place to start would be to get servers that can actually handle the process. Currently, I'm so frustrated with it's lameness I'm ready to abandon and find a better method to collaborate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Would you be able to describe in more detail what doesn’t work for you?

A good example would be “notifications take too long to show up on a co-workers machine”

As Team Projects doesn’t store any media on the server, it should be very quick to sync projects. Changes are always stored locally, so there should be no lag here either.

Once we know more we might be able to point you to ways to improve the experience – or indeed look at the back-end if the issue is related to something that’s happening on the server

7. Adobe has to answer for this

i pay for professional software and it's giving me amateur performance. Since the last updates premiere and after effects (and even other apps) are giving poor results. I'm literally loosing real money because of the delay on my deadlines due to the awful performance of my work tools (or work toys nowadays). is there any news on updates coming or something to repair this monstruocity?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mov files from iPhone keep resetting when rendering.

I've never had this problem before where the clip will stutter and just reset no matter how I trim it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Reset, to what? I take it these are variable frame rate clips?

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base