Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To add support for .mkv or Matroska video format

It would be great if you can add support for .mkv or Matroska video format

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix mp4 Importing

Summary of problem - mp4's import some okay and some with just audio only. Seemingly random as to which mp4's will work.

This is happening in the latest build of CC18 (4/18/18). It was NOT happening in the previous build of CC18.

thanks

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reveal in Media Browser

Similar to "Reveal in Project" or "Reveal in Finder/Explorer" it would be nice to have an additional "Reveal in Media Browser" option that opens the chosen file in Media Browser, including showing the folder path in the left hand column.

One of the common uses of "Reveal in Finder" is to quickly find other takes from the same card/folder that have not yet been imported. Because some file types can not be natively previewed in Finder or Explorer (eg RedRaw, or ProRes on a Windows machine), it would be much easier to reveal the files directly in the Media Browser…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Properly detect and import .avi files with multiple audio tracks

Reproduce this issue by recording an .avi with multiple audio tracks - likely with DXTory. Then import the raw video into premiere. Only one audio track will be shown. Right-clicking the footage and selecting properties shows that Premiere can see the additional audio tracks.

To use the additional tracks, install VLC media player and return to your original raw footage in windows explorer. Right-click, select 'export audio stream'. Then import those .wav files into Premiere and sync them individually against the original material.

This is TERRIBLE workflow. As someone with 4 audio sources per clip, I spend ~5 minutes exporting,…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live (Dynamic Link) Bins

PROBLEM: Due to the nature of my work, I slow get footage for different projects over a couple weeks or months. As I get new footage/music/foley for a project, it seems pretty old school to have to import each set of files into my windows folder structure then manually import the files into premiere to match that folder structure.

IDEA: Allow for the import of a folder tree into the premiere project panel to be displayed as bins. After that's done, you can have the preference to (1) update the bins on project open (2) auto update the bins every…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve and Consolidate the Appearance of Duplicate Media

I can't tell you how many times I've imported a sequence, NOT clicked "Allow Importing Duplicate Media" and ended up with duplicate media anyway. Media that is clearly in my project.

Furthermore, deleting media that I know is a duplicate removes the clip instance in the timeline, so I'm forced to keep both copies.

It would be fantastic to have a feature where Premiere scans your project for duplicate media, media that is clearly, or nearly, identical, and allows you to choose which one to keep.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import problem after update to CC 2019

Hello, have problems with import files "The compression type is not supported". With CC 2018 it worked smoothly. Nasty are from the Mavic 2 pro:
    Vollständiger Name : Q:\Import\2018\2018-10-Mavic2-Test\2018-10-05_Flugfeld_Mavic\DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0057.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format-Profil : Base Media
    Codec-ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
    Dateigröße : 2,73 GiB
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Gesamte Bitrate : 100 Mb/s
    Kodierungs-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Tagging-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Kodierendes Programm : Lavf56.15.102
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format-Profil : Main 10@L5@Main
    Codec-ID : hvc1
    Codec-ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Bitrate…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Importing New Files Into a Bin that is Already Imported

I'd love it if there were a keyboard shortcut to update my imported folders to add media that is now in the folders that wasn't previously in there during the previous import.

I oftentimes add files into a project and have a file structure implemented physically on my computer. I start a project and do an initial import with the media that I currently have (which includes the all important file structure) As I continue the project, I need a pieces of media here and there, so I create it and save it on my computer in the folder that…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Images now upside down after upgrade

Just upgraded to PP CC 12.1.1 (Build 10) from the previous release. In my sequence, there were videos imported from a phone as MP4 (h.264) files. The videos are now upside down. I now have to go through and re-orient all my small device video clips. Don't know if this is some unexpected "feature," or whether I should expect this from now on. A tad frustrated.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import After Effects Composition - Bug + Improvement

When I import an After Effects Composition I click the desired comp, then OK, then the "Import After Effects Composition" window appears again so I have to go through the process again...

Can you also please make it so we can select and import multiple comps at once?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug importing After Effects April Update: 12.1

When I try to import an After Effects composition it makes me select the composition twice before importing.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ingest camera metadata

Has anyone ever seen camera metadata in Premiere from non-raw footage?

Almost any camera today records metadata like model, serial no., ISO, white balance, etc. Premiere has had an extensive metadata system for over 5 years... and you'd think that developing codec support for any cameras that come out would include interpreting those metadata fields.
    It's one of those "how come this hasn't been implemented 5 years ago?"...

I worked mostly with Sony and Canon cameras, so they're the ones I've seen without metadata.

This feature request would cover
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34710376-read-acquisition-metadata-for-clips-from-sony-came
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34200172-fs-7-metadata

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FS-7 metadata

Please import all the FS-7 metadata

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Active Folders

It would be great to see an "Active Folders" option which allows Premiere Pro to automatically update imported folders within a project.

If, during import, an entire folder is imported as a whole into a project, it should allow the user to toggle on/off "Active Mode" - in "Active Mode", the bin within the Premiere project will constantly monitor and refresh the contents of the bin to match what is contained in the corresponding folder on the hard drive.

As an example, a user might have a "Stock music" folder on their hard drive which they import into their project.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere Pro import marker colors in FCP XML files.

Currently, Premiere Pro ignores marker colors in FCP XML files that are imported. It would be helpful if it would import the color as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import

Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import, so if you or your assistant editor has created a folder structure in the finder with empty folders to be populated with media later on in the production workflow (i.e. Final mix stems, color files, graphics), those empty folders won't disappear on import from the finder or from Media Browser.

This is an essential organizational tool.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base