Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,522 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

548 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

2. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

373 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CinemaDNG

Premiere Pro does not properly support CinemaDNG media. For starters, not all versions can be imported, specifically the media coming from the Blackmagic Ursa cameras.

But even for the versions that can be imported, support for the format is still lacking to the point of unusability.

The Media Browser will not see all the clips at the same time. We're forced to go into every individual clip folder for import duties. This is untenable.

The RAW controls available are limited to Temp, Tint and Exposure. The controls that are possible and must be implemented are:

White Balance
    Color Space
    Gamma …

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DNG RAW 3:1 and 4:1 support for codec

Updating the Codec support for DNG Raw including support for 3:1 and 4:1 compressed version of Cinema DNG files. With the new Blackmagic Pocket 4K camera using these file This will soon be a deal breaker form many smaller video companies, independent film makers and individuals.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Project Manager in Premiere

I would like a simple, effective way of consolidating an edited project. Quit forcing me to conform my footage to a single format!!!!.

FCP 7 had the option to simply trim and not transcode source material for a media managed backup, and this was available over 10 years ago!!!!!

Why will adobe not add this feature? I could trim the project, and not lose any quality from my source material through re-encodes! I would love to have this as a feature!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD IT ASAP!

When working on a project with multiple formats, resolutions and codecs, your Project…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. blackmagic DNG 4:1 support

add compressed raw support for ursa pro dng filles with 3:1, 4:1 compression

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support of Smart Rendering for H.264

It would be very helpful for me if you would support smart rendering for the H.264 format

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to rewrap AVCHD material to other formats (MOV etc.).

Recently, recording on tapes has decreased, and recording on cards has been increasing rapidly.
    In particular, it is often recorded in AVCHD.
    However, AVCHD is very cumbersome because multiple clips are stored in one file.
    I can not handle clips as single files. There are several disadvantages associated with this.

1. It is inconvenient for delivery because the clip can not be treated as a single unit

2. When migrating projects with multiple editing software such as AAF and XML, file management becomes complicated and difficult to handle.

3. It is very confusing because each card has a clip with the same name…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CDNG support

Full support for Cinema DNG files, fast workflow and import. As the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K comes it needs a support.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. raw 3:1 support

I shoot on a Blackmagic camera and I still can't import/use raw footage with a 3:1 compression natively inside of Premiere pro. Are there plans to implement this in the future?

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support frame rates greater than 60FPS

It would be helpful to video formats that can support frame rates at 120 or 144FPS. Such frame rates are admittedly rare, but with gaming being as popular as it is there is a real potential for its use.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe RAW support for DNG files

Just like in AE when you import a DNG files you can use the adobe camera raw function, that would be incredibly helpful to use with Premiere CC as well

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it native

Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it natively, as these cameras are designed for independent filmmakers , the whole idea is to get a project done with lil resources and less heads involved. would really want u to consider and get these files be able to import and edit natively.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4K HEVC Variable Frame Rate - iPhone HEVC not working with PPro 13.0.2 (or 13.0.1) aka PPro CC 2019

PPro is recognizing my footage as Variable Frame Rate (see this in footage properties).

File Path: X:\20120229 TR2016\20181204 FFR Fluid Fuel Reactors eBook\Gord Pimping FFR\IMG_2042 Gord **** FFR AirPodMic 4K MoviePro.mov
    Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 1.38 GB
    Image Size: 3840 x 2160
    Frame Rate: 30.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
    Total Duration: 00;08;47;27
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
    Alpha: None
    Video Codec Type: HEVC 4:2:0
    Variable Frame Rate Detected

...however unlike other Variable Frame Rate clips shot in H264, I'm NOT shown a Variable…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Op-Atom MXF files with Correct Timecode

Premiere pro is already able to load DNxHD Op-Atom MXF files, but it links audio to video for each instance of the file. For example; FILEA01, FILEA02, FILEA03, FILEA04, and FILE_V01 will all load into the project browser, and each will include 1 video track and 4 audio tracks. Honestly, we don't mind that, as it's helpful to have everything connect while editing.

The issue is that at the moment Premiere cannot read the correct timecode from Op-Atom MXF files. Perhaps there is some inherent difference in how Op-Atom and Op-1a files are created, but for…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. High quality x264 encoder

Why there is no high quality H.264 encoder within Premiere/MediaEncoder?

x264 provides much better quality at same or even lower bitrates.
    This would make it much easier for encoding to webservices without losing so much quality and using so much bandwidth.

This is must if you are directly sharing files from ME to your website. Almost every proper videohosting site (Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo etc) encodes their H.264 complaint videos with x264

If you are going to add this encoder, please make sure it actually is to specs according to H.264 standards.

If you want easy way to see difference, just…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I vote for the Social Publishing Panel

I vote for the Social Publishing Panel

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add support for DNXHR 444 codec within Premiere.

Seems that DNxHR 444 files show incorrect video levels compared to both Resolve and VLC.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base