Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

376 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  72 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ACES for Adobe

The Creative Cloud suite really, REALLY needs to incorporate the Academy Color Encoding System, commonly known as ACES. ********, what an excellent way to manage color!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linking LUTs by name rather than by position on LUTs list

I work with a couple of LUTs and use a home and work computer. I have the same LUTs I need on both computers but I have more LUTs on my home computer. The problem is I will use a LUT at work and even though I have the same LUT at home when I open the project at home it applies a different LUT to the shots I have already colored. For example, lets say I have a LUT named "Color" and it is the first LUT listed in my lumetri list. When I open the project at home…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expanded Lumetri - Node Based Effects and Color

This technique would incorporate, in the back end / behind the hood of premiere, The Flow Chart from Encore/After Effects, Adjustment Layers (in the Expanded Lumetri panel), Masks, Tracking, and dynamically linking the "Adjustment layers" to effects in the Effects Control Panel to make adjustments in the Effects Control panel as well.

This is basiclly a way for Premiere to introduce 'Nodes' while maintaining it's current Effects Panel. The one issue I find with this is parallel nodes. I'm not sure what the stack order would look like in the Effects Control Panel. Each 'Node/Adjustment Layer' should allow for tracking…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LUT Organization

I think it would be awesome to have a better structure for LUTs. I wish it were more organized with the option of having folders. Lightroom has something similar to where you can have folders holding presets, but when I want to use a LUT in Premiere Pro, I have to pick through the long list I have aquired, or go through the browse option and go through those folders one by one. I would like to have that organization that I use in Finder (osx) within Lumetri. I've loved some of the additions to cc2019 and think this could…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. LUT Management via CC Assets Panel

LUT management is very challenging within Premiere. Many users try to simply place the LUTs inside the folder rather than import them via Pr which leads to instability.

Recently I reopened a job (that was finished 2 years ago) in order to create language versions and the LUTs were not in the same order as the new version of Premiere. The wrong LUT was being used in the new Pr version. I believe it is something to do with the numbering order of the LUTs (just a guess).

What we need is a reliable LUT management solution which would be…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ReLink LUTs

Sometimes when I open a project my luts just go offline making all the my clips appear black unless I disable that lumetri colour effect. I would love if there was an easy way to relink LUTs in the same way you relink missing media.

The process of manually re-adding each LUT clip by clip can take hours and is a serious killer for me!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vignette placement

We really need to be able to move the center point of a vignette to a part of the frame other than the middle

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent color shift on export from premiere on MACOS

A common issue I've seen here. When exporting a sequence from premiere the color shifts dramatically in the majority of playback programs. Quicktime, Vimeo, Youtube etc. VLC works fine but not everybody is using VLC. Makes for lots of wasted time on color grades.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add batch changes of specific RED metadata.

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space of my footage without affecting individual ISO settings or white balance. This is vital for using LUTs!

There is also no way to batch reload RMD settings for the footage in my project. Using another program to tweak metadata becomes unviable.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Lumetri Color creates garbage glitchy lines at certain frame sizes

Glitchy white or black lines sometimes appear on screen when rendering (and in the final render) when using Lumetri Color's Black and White sliders. It happens only when your sequence is certain dimensions.

Here's one way to reproduce the bug:

• Create a sequence in Premiere that has these Sequence Settings: 4676 x 2338, Square Pixels (1.0), No Fields (Progressive Scan)

• Create an adjustment layer that matches the sequence size and place it on the timeline

• Add Lumetri Color and change "Whites" or "Blacks" in the Basic Correction section to anything that's not 0

• Place any piece of footage underneath, and…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add dehaze control to lumetri color

Add the dehaze control from LR and Camera Raw to Lumetri color in Premier Pro. I'm currently opening video in PS and applying dehaze with Camera Raw filter. It's incredibly slow and crashes most of the time when exporting the vide from PS - so it's basically unusable, but it would be nice to have it built into lumetri color as a tool.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: Opening Lumetri Scopes causes Premiere to crash

When opening Lumetri Scopes from Window Menu premiere instantly crashes.

PPro 12.x / W10 x64

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere color management for 5K iMacs

I just got my new iMac Pro and quickly discovered the problem of Premiere's color management (or lack thereof) on the 5k wide gamut iMac displays. Very inaccurate, oversaturated color. The newly added "Enable Display Color Management" setting does not solve the issue. It makes colors a bit less saturated but darker and more contrasty, still not at all accurate. We have these nice color grading tools in Premiere now, but they're useless without color management options for accurate monitoring on the new iMac displays.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG Adding LUTS to "creative" and "technical" folders is shift existing LUTS List

Here's the issue. I download a pack of LUTS, some are technical others creative. I install them on my MAC under Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/adobe Premiere Pro cc 2018/Contents/Lumetri/Luts

Works great when I relaunch premiere and now they show up on the drop down list within Lumetri.

However, if I add new LUTS, not replacing mind you, just adding new LUTS and I open an existing project the wrong LUT is on my clips or adjustment layer.

It's acting as if Premiere instead of reading a LUTS file name it is retrieving the order of the LUTS. So if…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lumetri Color Controls via Midi Controllers:

I think it would be really amazing to be able to control Lumetri Color Controls using a MIDI Controller / Device. I know we can use it within the audio aspects of Premiere, so if it were to be carried over to color correction / grading it would make premiere my choice NLE. My current NLE i do this with is Davinci Resolve, but I have to go a super roundabout way to implement midi (i.e. using bome midi translator) which is a bit of a hassle. I'm sure this is a lot more difficult of a request that I…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic scene detect and effect instancing.

For using Lumetri to grade existing videos, scene detect as in other grading apps would be a huge time saver.

As would the ability to apply instances of the color grade to similar shots. They can be pasted clones of the effect with a chain icon to represent the link. Adjustments to the grade will effect all the copies of it applied in the edit. Clicking the chain icon will un-instance the effect for the selected clip.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable Lumetri Panel from activating "Selection Follows Playhead"

I have the Lumetri panel always open in a group of tabs, but it's not the panel that's shown/active (usually it's the Effect Controls Panel).

Often I'll need to tweak color using Lumetri for a slight exposure boost or white balance shift, so I click the Lumetri tab, make the edit, then click back to Effect Controls tab showing on top of that panel group.

But this still leaves the Selection Follows Playhead on and I have to go disable it every time.

The best would be a preference for this behavior - whether it's auto-enabled by Lumetri's activation or…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Incorrect color in Adobe Premiere Program monitor on 5k iMac retina display

I'm using a 5k retina iMac. I'm a long time Adobe Premiere user. I'm noticing that the color in premiere program monitor looks nothing like the color of the files I export. I've read that its a problem with the 5k iMac's wide color gamut. This is not an issue in final cut pro. Will this be corrected soon? I've read about work arounds where people put a lut on the timeline to simulate the export or they have to use a second monitor with rec 709 color space as a work around.

This is a huge problem. I make…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Essential LUT panel or better LUT preview and handling

There is an option to scroll LUTs in Lumetri panel by clicking the sides of the preview picture, which always resets to the first LUT in the list once you double click the picture to apply the LUT.

It can also crash Premiere if you click fast and LUTs have big resolution. This happens usually after 50-70 clicks.

My proposal is to improve this and to have
    an option to pick favorite LUTs.

May be there should be another panel for this with some folder browser and hover mouse preview.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base