Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better support for files with closed captions

Closed captions in mxf files generated from other systems do not import into Premiere. No caption stream is present on import although captions show up in other applications. Thread addressing the issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2541515. Files with sample mxf and media info: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ildad31v6y5g0xh/AAC2186Hku-jQ4wsJk2FX7Tta?dl=0

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a way to mass edit captions/subtitles!

We need a way to be able to edit ALL lines from an imported .srt file at the same time...

like formatting the background, font, size, placement... all at the same time.
    (As opposed to currently where we need to do one line at a time)

Depending on the change needed and the talking speed of the speaker... It takes at least 30s-90s per minute of video to edit them one line at time...

which is a huge waste of time!

Please implement this functionality... it's should be too hard to fix from a software engineering point of view.

and…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. keep the characteristics of the formatted text

After I set the font, size, edge, color, alignment, etc. on open captions, I export it as a new .srt file and I import this new file into the same project, or a new project on another computer and all the formatting is gone. It is very painfully to do it all over again every time - color, the size, the font etc. I even tried to open the same project in which I did the formatting on another computer, and the formatting goes back to default. Please fix this. Also, I get this bug both on windows 10 and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base