Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the timecode effects

it's a simple effect, and yet for years it has been plagued with bugs, mainly the export doesn't match what we see in the timeline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metadata Burn-In

PPCC Beta: Metadata BurnIN: Would be really helpful to have a text field before each bite option to name/explain the timecode/data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow import of settings/keyboard shortcuts/workspaces from v14 (2020 release) to v15 (2021 release)

I was just informed by Rohan on Adobe's support team that Premiere v15 (2021 release) cannot import settings such as customized keyboard shortcuts and workspaces from the previous v14.9 (2020 release). This seems like a huge oversight in Adobe’s development, if you cannot import from previous versions. Having to recreate settings wastes a lot of time for professionals using their software, and leaves me not using Adobe’s current releases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug - Opening Older Projects in 14.6.0

I'm having issues opening non-production projects in 14.6.0.

I have mainly been working with projects inside a production.

If I quit PPro and attempt to open an older (14.5?) project which is not a production, PPro just hangs.

If I open a production, close that production, and then (with PPro still running) open the projects in question ... they work.

Please resolve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jason S (Adobe) commented · July 21, 2021 10:05 AM ·

This is a known issue that we haven’t been able to tackle yet, unfortunately. I’ve increased the priority and will ensure that the fix will be in the next release (I’ll post here once the fix is available in the beta builds). My apologies for the inconvenience.

6. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MOGRTs support blending modes set inside AE when creating them

I have created a style look in AE that uses blending modes on solid layers with generators. They look great in there when I add a clip under the design and use pass through in the layer settings. However when I export them as a MOGRT they break when trying to use them inside of Premiere because Premiere does not support using the blending modes set inside of the AE project. This is a big snag because now the only solution I can find is to recreate the look in Premiere and save it as a project so that our…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adjustment layers in After Effects authored mogrt files.

For titles or graphics that sit on footage, I often apply tints, blurs and other effects to obscure the background image.

Currently, as I understand, adjustment layers do not have an effect on media outside of the mogrt.

It would be fantastic if we could include adjustment layers in AE authored mogrt files, which then effect the footage on layers below when used in Premiere.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Open Captions - Italic tags <i>...</i> not recognized on two lines of text

When I import an .srt file with all some of the text italicized, I see <i>...</i> tags instead of italics in the burned-in subtitles.
    When there is one line of text or one word tagged it comes out as italic.
    When the whole sentence is marked as italic and it's on two lines, Premiere Pro doesn't recognize the tag and displays in in Regular font
    with <i>...</i> tags.

In order to display italics on both lines of text in one subtitle, each line has to be tagged <i>...</i> separately.
    Please, fix the error, so when a whole block of text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export captions as .vtt (WebVTT) files

I'd like the option to export closed captions as .vtt files. Some of my clients only accept this format, and doing it manually or with different software is either very time consuming or costly.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add translucent background effect for closed captions.

While Closed Captions shows the option for a translucent background, I can't select anything except for opaque. This makes it difficult for my viewers to see what's going on behind the captions. Research showed that this is a wide-spread problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Speech analysis for auto captions/transcription

Speech analysis for auto captions/transcriptions. Need to create subtitles/captions for long formate videos and it would be nice to have speech analysis to automatically create a script from the video audio. Even if it's not 100% accurate as long as it has a built in editor to review and make corrections if needed. hope to see this feature in upcoming updates.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base