Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For low income, general public, a return to one off purchases of your software, may bring back like minded people. Not everyone can afford l

As the strain on finances continues due to COVID 19 t, people on low income - I am 62, cannot afford a lifetime subscription and in the past, have saved up hard for a private / residential software, that should last them years. Your upgrade service was absolutely brilliant and made purchasing more affordable. I appreciated this going to fall on death ears, but have heart, not all of us can afford lifetime deductions from your bank account, with shrinking monthly finances at present. Besides, you may win back many people in the same boat as me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timeline limit. There seems to be a timelime limit to the length of timeline.

There seems to be a timeline limit. RE: length of timeline where no more clips are allowed to b added. I've reached a point in the timeline while creating a stringout where is doesn't allow me to add more clips. It should be to infinity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please make the official language turkish and give lifetime license for mac users give reasonable prices on program fee and transition effec

please make the official language turkish and give lifetime license for mac users give reasonable prices on program fee and transition effect packs

ADOBE PİREMİER PRO - PLEASE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adobe will continue to rely on the subscription model.

Also, we don’t sell transition effect packs; many third party options are available!

We’ve taken your “add Turkish” request under consideration.

4. Please work with Monogram CC to aggregate history items in Premiere Pro

Monogram Creative Console works well with Premiere, except for the lack of history aggregation. The turn of a dial to change a parameter registers dozens or hundreds of incremental actions, making undo clunky at best, impossible much of the time. The turn of a dial should register as one action (which can be undone with one undo). I know Monogram is working on this, but they can't do it without Adobe. Help!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PPro’s ExtendScript API operates outside the Undo stack, so it’s very unlikely that we’ll be able to make this improvement, before PPro moves to UXP extensibility (Sometime Soon™).

5. Stop interrupting edit sessions to report bug fixes

Software crashed. I was asked if I wanted to send crash info to adobe I said no. Minutes later my work screen disappeared and was replaced by another window asking if I want to send crash data to adobe. To interrupt a professional edit session with a demand such as this is absolutely outrageous and is a breech of trust concerning the internet connection aspect of Adobe products. Adobe has no right to interrupt work that is occurring in private edit sessions for any reason. This function should be revised immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way for Adobe to understand and eliminate crashes is to get a crash report, containing all available information.

Your work has already been interrupted, by the crash. I don’t see how we’re breeching any trust, as we respect your choice of whether or not to send us that information; you’re also provided the option of not being asked again, to avoid further interruptions.

6. Update API to allow 3rd party software to assign shortcuts to transition presets

In case you haven't heard yet, the Excalibur plug-in (https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/) is revolutionizing editing in Pr! While it can do many things, over a dozen of which are in response to FR users have been requesting for years, one of the things it cannot do is assign keyboard shortcuts to transition presets, due to a limitation in Pr's API.

It would be wonderful if the API could be updated to allow this, given that it already allows 3rd party plug-ins such as Excalibur to assign shortcuts to any effect, effect preset or transition.

Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. API to determine if a timeline clip has "Scale to Frame Size" enabled

Currently, there is no way for a CEP panel to know if "Scale to Frame Size" is enabled, which means that it's missing crucial information about clip transformations that is highly relevant if the panel needs to adjust position or scale or, indeed, know anything about the dimensions of the clip.

Per a discussion on the forums, it is unlikely this will be added before UXP. This is a request to be sure to add this capability to UXP, but also, that it should be considered a critical enough omission in the Extendscript/CEP architecture that it be added there as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we understand the desire, and plan to provide this functionality once PPro moves to UXP-based extensibility, It’s unlikely that this feature will make it into ExtendScript extensibility.

8. STOP Making ANY Updates until this pandemic is over

Just stop. The last update deletes ALL personal preferences for Premiere AND Photoshop. I start work at 5am, and this is the LAST thing I need to set up before working, is all of my hot keys and window spaces. The last time, you screwed everyone up with the dumb useless export prompt. NOW all preferences are deleted in the latest update on ALL apps. Just stop already, you ***** things up everytime you update, and no one has time for your garbage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry you ran into trouble.

We’re going to continue improving our products.

It sounds like you have Creative Cloud set to automatically update when available; if you turn that off, it won’t update your installed applications, unless you specifically request it.

Also, minor version updates don’t require deletion of existing preferences. The easiest way that could have happened is that, when uninstalling previous versions, you selected the “remove preferences” option (or it was somehow selected for you)…? Regardless, as mentioned, you can avoid all updates if you like, by disabling Auto Update within the Creative Cloud application’s preferences.

While unexpected problems do occur, we don’t ship updates if they don’t contain improvements. The export complete prompt was introduced specifically because of user request, though it’s proven broadly unpopular, and we’re removing it.

9. Add user permissions to Productions

In a shared work environment, people will often inadvertently open a media project in read/write mode and make changes to it. Chaos ensues. I'd really love a way to only allow specific users to access read-write mode on a per-project level basis within the Productions panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s a fine idea, but one we’re unlikely to implement as part of Productions. PPro works with nearly every media asset management system available, many of which do user-based privilege management.

10. Put older versions of Adobe Premiere Pro back on Creative Cloud

could you please put older versions back on creative cloud so that those of us with older macs can still access the program and use it please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Productions should save all projects either on any save, or when the Production window is active.

Right now, save only saves the currently active project. If the Production window is highlighted, it should save all projects. An issue I've run into is if sources are added to a project (i.e. sources) and it doesn't get saved, the next time a sequence project opens that uses those sources, the files will be created in a "recovered files" folder. Which is fine, but now the clips are linked to that.
    Secondly, if you open a project that contains sequences, and Premiere has to locate media, it will have to locate the same media again when you open another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Glad you’re using Productions!

We don’t want to eliminate the user’s flexibility to save only those projects they want saved.

From Productions’ lead developer:

Since the ’Save all” command is keyboard mappable, the user could assign “Cmd/Ctrl + S” to “Save All” instead of “Save”, and get the functionality they want, today.

12. Music Cue Sheet Reporter

I'd like to see a way to pull music cue sheet reports much like the program Sequence Clip Reporter. It's one of the most tedious things to do in the creation of a tv series. It would be amazing to pull a full proper (useable) music cue sheet out of Premiere Pro with one click not just a list of numbers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Help!!! Streampix Sequence File codec integration needed please

We use Streampix to capture 2k, 4k and 8k 12bit RGB file sequences on a film scanner. Streampix recording software is good, but their color correction software is weak. So we need Premiere Pro or similar color correction software to correct and export these film scans to other mezzanine codecs.

If this codec was only supported in the Premiere Pro I can imagine that many scientific camera users would be interested
    https://www.norpix.com/support/cameras/supported_cameras.phpleast

Here is a sample of 16mm film that has been digitized to this .SEQ file(apologies for the large file size): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak6HT6WNfRoS_QagTD6Yr3is5TuR?e=drgd3u
    d
    There are at least 1000 Streampix…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Include year in the application icon

I tried searching for this, and didn't find a post, though there must be one. Please update the use Icons for all Adobe applications, not just Premiere Pro so they show the year in the icon instead of just Pr as it shows for Premiere. Sure I can hover my cursor over the app and it will tell me if it is 2019 or 2020, and I can hack each version to put my own custom icon with the info, though every update kills it. Why should 2019 and 2020 have the same icon? I often have to use different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Your suggestion makes sense.
    However, given PPro’s increased release cadence (several per year), and the fact that Adobe has removed the year from the product names, it’s unlikely we’ll make this change.

15. Premiere closed unexpectedly, do you want to reopen the previous project? ..No, I want to open the project I asked Premiere to open.

Because of rampant bugs in the latest updates Premiere will sometimes close out of nowhere and you lose work (and time and money). When you reopen Premiere, selecting a specific project at launch, rather than load the specified project, it asks if you want to reopen the last one. Why? Why not just open the project I selected to open? This window is a waste of time. Again, we could walk away waiting for our project to reopen only to come back and see it's not open as requested, and instead we have a window that asks if you want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Why = to give users a choice to not open the problematic project.

If PPro didn’t provide that choice, it’d infinitely crash on launch when attempting to re-open that problematic project.

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OS-level support upon which that support relied, is gone. While it would be possible for PPro to develop our own self-contained support for DV capture, that would preclude our work on other, current formats. We will focus our development and testing efforts on modern formats.

17. capturing

when the new update capturing in dv is unavailable could you guys make this available so I can capture video off my vis

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The underlying support for DV capture has been removed from the OS. While Premiere Pro could develop our own stand-alone replacement support for DV capture, we will instead focus our efforts on more current formats.

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base