Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include year in the application icon

I tried searching for this, and didn't find a post, though there must be one. Please update the use Icons for all Adobe applications, not just Premiere Pro so they show the year in the icon instead of just Pr as it shows for Premiere. Sure I can hover my cursor over the app and it will tell me if it is 2019 or 2020, and I can hack each version to put my own custom icon with the info, though every update kills it. Why should 2019 and 2020 have the same icon? I often have to use different…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Your suggestion makes sense.
    However, given PPro’s increased release cadence (several per year), and the fact that Adobe has removed the year from the product names, it’s unlikely we’ll make this change.

2. Premiere closed unexpectedly, do you want to reopen the previous project? ..No, I want to open the project I asked Premiere to open.

Because of rampant bugs in the latest updates Premiere will sometimes close out of nowhere and you lose work (and time and money). When you reopen Premiere, selecting a specific project at launch, rather than load the specified project, it asks if you want to reopen the last one. Why? Why not just open the project I selected to open? This window is a waste of time. Again, we could walk away waiting for our project to reopen only to come back and see it's not open as requested, and instead we have a window that asks if you want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Why = to give users a choice to not open the problematic project.

If PPro didn’t provide that choice, it’d infinitely crash on launch when attempting to re-open that problematic project.

3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OS-level support upon which that support relied, is gone. While it would be possible for PPro to develop our own self-contained support for DV capture, that would preclude our work on other, current formats. We will focus our development and testing efforts on modern formats.

4. capturing

when the new update capturing in dv is unavailable could you guys make this available so I can capture video off my vis

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The underlying support for DV capture has been removed from the OS. While Premiere Pro could develop our own stand-alone replacement support for DV capture, we will instead focus our efforts on more current formats.

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't open Premiere pro

I wanted to switch from fcpx to premiere but unfortunately, Premiere doesn't want to launch...

The bug report is attached.

If someone got an idea...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop Updating and Causing Problems.

Please stop with the useless updates. I pay for this product because it is nice and easy to use yet every update brings problems. I used this product for 3 years and never had a problem until the most recent update. I had to install a driver and now Media Encoder doesn't even load in my projects. Once this plan is over I will definitely will be finding a different software to use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. FORMAL COMPLAINT TO ADOBE PREMIERE PRO

I'm not expecting to have my problem resolved because I know that you guys at Adobe don't care. I have been a paid user of the Creative Cloud Suite since 2016. I am a video creator that uses Premiere Pro as their primary tool to edit videos and all the other tools that Adobe has to compliment my video workflow.
    I think that the program it's a very powerful editor when it works, but I don't know why it's getting worse and worse with each upgrade, and it's just getting super frustrating. It's not a cheap subscription to have, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CHANGE the menu item named "final cut pro xml"

Since when is an XML ONLY necessary for "Final Cut Pro".

it's the only way to import projects created in newer versions of PPro into older versions, guys n gals!

SO, I hearby respectfully request that future versions of PPro do away with this spurious and misleading nomenclature.

Just call it "XML Export" fer chrissakes.

Happy New Year.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Airbrush effect for skin

A built-in Effect to blur wrinkles and facial imperfections. Bonus points if it can color correct and whiten teeth. 😍

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Present a more professional image

Hello. I'm a Video Producer at a software company. The problem I'd like to address is that I struggle to get leaders to take my role seriously. Putting Jason-the-Clown front and center makes my job more difficult. I humbly ask that you restrict his visibility entirely. He is hurting the professionals of this industry.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Render Farming

Pretty simple: connect multiple computers together to simultaneously render projects. This would be similar to AME watch folders, except it utilizes multiple computers to increase rendering speed.

This feature would GREATLY improve many workflows!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve looked into it. While it would increase render performance of some formats (particularly still image sequences), the gains are quickly eliminated by the time required to stitch together the constituent resulting rendered materials, into a unified file.

15. 2 videos have same name

Bug every time when we import 2 folders of videos for multicamera have same videos name
    for exemple
    folder 1 : have video name 00001.mts
    folder 2 : have video name 00001.mts captured in auther place

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Glitchiest program ever.

Waveform doesnt show, frame drops and becomes rendered into the video, Crashes daily. Just make a good product

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Target bin for merge media

Editors love an organized project file. When needing to sync multiple clips and audio together there should be an option to choose which bin it will end up in after merging them. Right now it defaults to the same bin where all the unsunc files are in and I would have to manually drag and drop the merged files into the right bin I want it to be in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s a sensible request.
    Since the relative messiness of the project is decreased through the merge, and since confusion could arise if all merged clips were to ‘disappear’ into the new folder, Premiere Pro is unlikely to implement this request.

19. Enable Linear Time Code (LTC) Sync - Example: Audio LTC from TentacleSync

I use TentacleSync to generate LTC on multiple cameras, recorded to audio track. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enable Premiere Pro to read/sync from this LTC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No Turkish language support.Please solve!!!

No Turkish language support.Please solve!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base