Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Essential Graphics and Effect Controls Panels stack layers in opposite directions

When creating layers and groups in the Essential Graphics Panel, they work top-down. The same layers and groups as they appear in the Effect Controls Panel are reversed and work from bottom-up. It's confusing and counter intuitive. Please make the layers in both panels work in the more natural direction of top-down.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: title-safe and action-safe guides need to be set for every new project

Running 13.0.2 on Windows 10 1809 17763.316.

In the Program Monitor's Overlay Settings, I've changed the Title Safe Area to 10% horizontal and 10% vertical and the action safe area to 7% horizontal and 7% vertical, as per SMPTE RP 2046-2:2009.

However, when I open a new project, I see Premiere's defaults of 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, as if the parameters had never been adjusted. I open the Overlay Settings window to see that my numbers show 10%, 10%, 7%, 7%, just like I had typed them earlier. I type all of them in again, and then they display properly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace Motion Graphics Template in Timeline

Say you created a template for a Lower Third and put in all text and data necessary. But your client does not like the layout. It would be handy to create another template and replace the old templates in your PR timeline. And your text stays the same!
    (Just like you could in FCP7 with Motion3...)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Justify to MOGRT text options

Please add L/R/C justify options to MOGRT text controls.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow multiple Mogrt files to be installed at once not just individually inside Premiere

Allow multiple Mogrt files to be installed at once not individually inside Premiere. Currently copying a mogrt folder with multiple files to the 'Essential Graphics' folder does not work. It's a tedious job to install 400 mogrt files individually in the Essential Graphics tab in Premiere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Canon XF705 (MXF) file format

Please allow Premiere Pro to accept the Canon XF705 (MXF) file format. It's H.265 HEVC. Over a month since release, with no ability to edit.

59 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  71 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart rendering for Apple ProRes codec family

Please add the smart render function for use with Apple ProRes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Title Backgrounds

Currently, there is no good method to include an automatic background (aka highlight) when using titles in a way that allows for easy adjustability.

One is forced to manually draw rectangles every time he wants to achieve a title with a background to it, or use an impoverished option like Open Captions where one is subject to the rigid attributes of the black bars he is presented with.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Essential Graphics Stroke Bug

Stoke in Thai Font is very spiky
    But if i put Stoke in Legacy Title there is no Spiky like Essential Graphics
    and the Stoke is very smooth
    In Essential Graphics stroke is very Sharp

Sorry for Bad english
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Premiere Pro 2019 alpha channels not rendering transparent

clips with alpha channels in the timeline are not rendering transparent on export to Prorez 422

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Text wrapping on type tool and proper font size option

When using the type tool, I find it hard to use and get different layers of text to match. I would like to see it more like a text box in MS Powerpoint where you would have a certain width text box and the text wraps to stay in the text box with that width and based on font size (in points) so I could have for example 12 point.

Currently, it does not wrap text and will size according to the size of the text box, regardless of the font size set.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Subscript & Superscript in Essential Graphics

Adding a Copyright or TM symbol in a .mogrt file results in the character being the same size as the rest of the text when it should be smaller and superscript.

The lack of this feature is prohibitive for commercial work that includes trademark or copyrighted titles/graphics.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have Premiere Pro warn you if you are starting an export when a clip has the warp stabilizer "warning" across it.

I've found clips with warp stabilizer on them can flip to "needs to be analyzed" for no reason, and that warning getting baked into your exported footage is absurd.

224 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a function that enables to change style (font, colour, etc) of multiple titles in just one place

...instead of getting into each title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title...

Thanks!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Crash using Intel UHD 630 Driver

I'm new to Premiere this week, and on the same day as updating my Intel UHD 630 Driver, I was unable to load, clip or edit, place or playback footage. I then got in contact with Adobe, and we worked out when this Driver was disabled, Premiere worked fine. Then, rolling back the Intel driver update back to 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', Premiere also runs smoothly. So it's something related directly to the Intel UHD 630 Driver itself.

My workflow currently depends on me constantly switching drivers as many apps don't run well with the one that's currently working for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open Caption

Cannot set the word spacing in the open caption, it can also set the size and stroke size.
    Also unable to burn caption export in Media Encoder.
    this is unacceptable and not user friendly.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. rulers and guides feature

to more easily line up text and images of different sizes along dif portions of the timeline

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. TC overlay & Captions don't work

There are so many posts about open captions in premiere that I am pretty sure no one is reading these posts... I'll add to the open captions frustration anyways: there is no way to render timecode overlay AND open captions on the same export. Generally, I can only make my open captions burn in on the video if I don't send the export to media encoder but directly press export in premiere. After using "Queue" to send the project to Media Encoder, the captions display as burned in on the preview window, they are not on the exported video though

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base